[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest TheColdOne

So I recently got this phone(Telenor Touch Plus/ZTE Atlas W) and since I bought it I was planning to do a custom rom. So, I was searching for the right one. But This topic has like 130 pages and I really cant read all of that. So if someone wouldnt mind giving me a link to a proper installation instructions for my phone, I wanna do cm9. And please, can someone also tell me what is not working there? I kinda new in this, so help me out.

Go on the first post and read instructions , only you need to use P736E ROM for that phone , i have same phone , rom is great and i mean realy great but my proximity is not working well.

Guest TheColdOne

So, is it completly safe to do? I did rooting and custim roms on my other phone, and it fine... but Im kinda afraid of what would happen. Is camera wokring?

And is everything on the first post updated? Cuz I read that there were some changes, some updates...

Guest OuahOuah

I installed this ROM last week and it's really great, thank you! :-)

However, my phone sometimes detects being in roaming while still in my home country (France)? Is some setting wrong?...

(Operator Free Mobile, ZTE Blade S)

Thanks!

marco

Free Mobile is using national roaming with Orange so it is normal and you must enable roaming data to use 3G everywhere...

Guest TheColdOne

Does anyone know when the camera, front, and back will be fixed? And flash too? Rom is GREAT! Everything works pretty fast! Just wondering if those can be fixed. One more thing... how much I can set CPU on... right now its 122 min and 787max... but it possibile to go up to 1034 which I think isnt pretty good. So what is the best combination? Thanks for the great rom!

Front camera and camera flash are probably never going to be fixed because the crescent's cameralibs are highly incompatible with Ics and so wie use the blade's ones

Whao - Dazzozo : You rock!! Many, many thanks for doing this work.

After struggling for over a year with this T-Mob crippled so-called Vivacity (in the shop they termed it the Viva City, I kid you not), finally I now have an OS that works and looks great. I know there are problems with the camera and flash, but there always was. I found I had to use a third party camera version that couldn't drive the flash anyway, and torch type apps never could either, so I've lost nothing there.

I only got it going this morning after messing up the unlocking last night. I don't even know if it's truly unlocked now, but I suspect so. Once it has recharged enough (messing around didn't half flatten the battery) I will try that out and have a play. (EDIT: Yes it's unlocked!)

Never mind, I'm soooo happy it now works again. I really thought I'd killed it!

Edited by momist

Not Working:

• Hardware decoding (and probably never will work)

Hardware decoding: Qualcomm are required to release an OpenMAX integration layer update that is compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich due to the device unfortunately being one of many which are MSM7227 QDSP5. The chances of this happening are pretty much zero. If you want more information, or a petition to sign (again) in the hope it actually gets somewhere: http://www.groubal.c...-from-qualcomm/

We are listed in the petition in the device list as "ZTE Blade S".

Hi!

about the harware decoding, have you seen this: http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=33374614

in short

-Modified libstagefright to use legacy Qualcomm OMX IL libs on ICS for MSM7x27 SoCs

-working hardware-accelerated video playback

-enable HW playback of AVI, DivX, WMA and RealMedia formats

-Makes HD youtube work on MSM7x27.

Any chance you could build a new verions of this rom with these libs? I'm sure others on here may be intersted in it. Apparantly it is harder to port the libs to JB...

EDIT: forgot to add, here is a stable Blade rom that uses these libs successfully:

Thanks!!!

Edited by AstroZ

Almost everybody here know this ;)

There is even a patch (omx.zip) that you can use in CWM recovery.

That's great, can you provide a link to the OMX zip that works with this ROM?

TIA!

EDIT: after a bit of googling, I belive this is the one: http://www.modaco.co...ics-hq-youtube/ will give it a try and post back later :)

EDIT2: got it working! WOOHOO high quality youtube with no lag :)

Details: I had to edit one file in the omx patch.zip, delete the first line

"assert(getprop("ro.build.version.release") == "4.0.4");" of /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

otherwise it would not flash (complained about version being wrong...)

updated/fixed zip for this ROM to get hq youtube: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jakxktpwk8ihla0/omx%20patch.zip

Edited by AstroZ

No problem.

Have another omx patch which works on first flash : http://www.mediafire...jabzfqfcswz8db9

Don't know if they are different.

The one you posted (omx.zip) is smaller but a few days newer than the one I posted (omx patch.zip). If you look inside there are a lot more decoder libs in omx patch.zip. both are for blade 2.

other than that I cannot tell the difference either!

Guest JohnnyZTE

Just use S2E :rolleyes:

Thanks Dean Brilliant!!! and I have found another great we program on the market place called ram-booster, the phone is new again!!

Hum i prefer int2ext+ ! don't know hot to install it ?

So, did you ever? I found the secret (for me) was to make sure you have partitioned the SD card using CWM (GParted doesn't give a working ext-2) and only use a clean install of CM9 - do not include A2SD. Install the int2ext+ after installing the ROM, and before any other apps or patches, which may need to know where stuff has been put. Reboot after the ROM and then again after the int2ext+ and you should be good to go.