[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Good work on the ROM Dazzozo, been very enjoyable watching this progress from the sidelines :D I had a similar problem with the home key on my Vivacity as described above. The unusual thing is that on the application screen (for example) pressing the home key did do something, rather than returning to the home screen it placed a little highlighting box around the top left app on the screen. Similarly on the Play store, pressing the home key highlighted the back button in the top left hand corner. Any idea what is going on here?

Only other issue I had was I couldn't seem to turn vibrate off when typing on the keypad. That's probably just me being a fool though!

Anyway, just thought I'd give my feedback, hope you don't mind and keep up the great work.

Best bit of feedback yet on this issue - I remember this used to happen for the SF2's home button and I have a pretty good idea about what's causing it now. Cheers! :P

Guest Prettygrim

surely, everyone will be glad of any update you put out, Dazzozo as it will obviously contain something else that you've fixed. i know i will be. i appreciate what you have sorted so far and that you are still working on the remaining things, like the camera, that are not yet fixed.

incidentally, after you have managed to fix the camera (got confidence in you, mate) what else is left that isn't working? hope you dont mind me asking

Guest welshrage

rom working as smooth as a babies bum,but one thing i will point out... gmail keeps crashing so i deleted and am using the basic email that came with rom... had a couple of fc's on some apps such as titanium backup, rom toolbox, facebook and app draw button on nova launcher seems reluctant to detect it bein pressed on screen sometimes... just a few lil bugs i noticed

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

rom working as smooth as a babies bum,but one thing i will point out... gmail keeps crashing so i deleted and am using the basic email that came with rom... had a couple of fc's on some apps such as titanium backup, rom toolbox, facebook and app draw button on nova launcher seems reluctant to detect it bein pressed on screen sometimes... just a few lil bugs i noticed

Weird, I've had none of that. Which phone are you using and have you tried using rom manager to fix permissions?

Guest welshrage

phone is osf2 (as it says on box and on phone behind battery, even though i know there some debate whether it crescent,or blade 2 blah blah blah), and no i havent tried rom manager yet,will try now though... quite a good idea actually...

edit:facebook still fc'in,gmail too , just gonna have to be patient and wait for next build to go up and see if it cures the problem

Weird, I've had none of that. Which phone are you using and have you tried using rom manager to fix permissions?

Edited by welshrage

Guest jasonleeds

been using the rom all day and no major issues...battery life hasnt been amazing but I am overclocking and forgot to turn the wifi off for a few hours.

Some amazing work here dude, keep it up

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Best bit of feedback yet on this issue - I remember this used to happen for the SF2's home button and I have a pretty good idea about what's causing it now. Cheers! :P

Glad to hear you have some idea what the cause of this might be. I've gone back to stock at the moment but I'll give it another test when you think you've cracked it using your machine like compiling skills!

Guest Dazzozo

Because the cameras are going to take some time to fix, I'm throwing up a new build with the working Wi-Fi indicator icon, and this means it properly fixes the Wi-Fi issue instead of hacking it. (Hopefully for good!)

This also uses common_mini_phone which reduces the minimum size /system partition to around 160MB without Google apps by cutting away some useless videos that are bundled on the /system partition (amongst some other insignificant trash).

The minimum with Google apps seems to be 195MB. This build is minutes away - just waiting to upload it to the second mirror.

Edit: Live.

Edit 2: Mr. Man with the Bluetooth headset, can you test if turning Wi-Fi off drops Bluetooth again? I made a minor change to the device configuration which would be a hilariously simple fix if it did the trick. I imagine it's a deeper issue, though.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Wahh you said it was just for meeeee....just kidding :P

Continual progress!! :D

Just a quick note, when I was going through and re-doing my settings I noticed that the GPS Source (under Location services) is not set to internal even though that's the only option. i.e. It wasn't "ticked". Don't know if that can be set when building but just to let people know they might want to select that.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

Wahh you said it was just for meeeee....just kidding :P

Continual progress!! :D

It was, originally. :P A friend is really dependent on his Wi-Fi, and it was superior in some way to the build I was using just the hour before that I forget, so I thought meh, why not release it too. :lol:

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I just noticed you've taken this rom from a, with no offence to Fuzzra who also did an excellent job bringing us ICS, buggy experiment to a completely fluid almost complete ICS experience......

...IN 5 DAYS!!!

Well done mate!!

Guest Dazzozo

I just noticed you've taken this rom from a, with no offence to Fuzzra who also did an excellent job bringing us ICS, buggy experiment to a completely fluid almost complete ICS experience......

...IN 5 DAYS!!!

Well done mate!!

I can't wait until Camera is out of the way. With smaller issues being focused on it'll feel like there's a lot more progress happening.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I can't wait until Camera is out of the way. With smaller issues being focused on it'll feel like there's a lot more progress happening.

Remember when it's done to post it on the Cyanogen forums under unofficial releases ;) Hopefully they'll pick it up then.

Guest Dazzozo

Remember when it's done to post it on the Cyanogen forums under unofficial releases ;) Hopefully they'll pick it up then.

Well I think they've already come down pretty solidly on there being no official support for phones of this generation... I think they'll back down on that though, they're eliminating a large group of people.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Is anyone else having problems updating/installing apps from the market just now? Gives me error 921.

i.e. "ROM Manager (Premium) could not be downloaded due to an error (921)"

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

hi can anyone tell me how to install the wifi indicator on my cm9 rom please, i've already installed the rom into my phone.thanks.

Best way would be to install Titanium Pro Backup and then use the batch tool to back up "all apps + data", then install the new version of the rom and then re-install Titanium Pro backup and use the batch tool to "restore all apps + data". Then your apps should be back to how they were before the rom change but you'll have the new rom version :)

Titanium Backup : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup

Titanium Backup Pro : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackupPro

The pro version costs £4.49 but I would really recommend it, it's one of the best android tools out there and a lot of people find it irreplaceable.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest yealmboy

Best way would be to install Titanium Pro Backup and then use the batch tool to back up "all apps + data", then install the new version of the rom and then re-install Titanium Pro backup and use the batch tool to "restore all apps + data". Then your apps should be back to how they were before the rom change but you'll have the new rom version :)

Titanium Backup : https://play.google.....TitaniumBackup

Titanium Backup Pro : https://play.google....taniumBackupPro

The pro version costs £4.49 but I would really recommend it, it's one of the best android tools out there and a lot of people find it irreplaceable.

Guest Dazzozo

I made quite a few changes and I really didn't want to over-complicate things by writing it as a patch.

Also, agreed. I can't live without Titanium Backup Pro. Moving between builds takes a couple of minutes, if that.