[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

The Vivacity has a search button, right? Does that function correctly?

Yeah it does, and it works just fine. From the launcher, it takes you to Google Search so I'm guessing that's what's meant to happen, can't think of anywhere else for it to take you to.

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

That should work. Anyone who can provide any info on this issue will get all you TMVers closer to a fix. ;)

We TMVers are outnumbered :( I don't really get why though, it looks so much nicer (IMO) :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

We TMVers are outnumbered :( I don't really get why though, it looks so much nicer (IMO) :P

-Ninjeh.

It looks a bit better built (but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as plasticky as the SF2), but I prefer the shape of the SF2.

Anyway, I'll try running that command on an SF2 to see what working output should be.

Guest NinjehKitteh

It looks a bit better built (but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as plasticky as the SF2), but I prefer the shape of the SF2.

Anyway, I'll try running that command on an SF2 to see what working output should be.

It is surprisingly well built, I dropped it down some really steep stairs and I didn't even get a scratch :P

Unfortunately, there's no accessories out there for it (screen protectors or cases) even though it's the same shape and size as the iPhone 4S :/

And does that mean it'll make it easier for a fix? I gotta admit, the whole back button thing is too tiring for a lazy person like me :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

It is surprisingly well built, I dropped it down some really steep stairs and I didn't even get a scratch :P

Unfortunately, there's no accessories out there for it (screen protectors or cases) even though it's the same shape and size as the iPhone 4S :/

And does that mean it'll make it easier for a fix? I gotta admit, the whole back button thing is too tiring for a lazy person like me :P

-Ninjeh.

Well, if we get TMV output and SF2 output we can see what's wrong in the TMV output.

Guest Dazzozo

Why was I expecting anything less...

adb shell getevent -lt /dev/input/event1

223-801286: EV_KEY KEY_HOME DOWN

224-23718: EV_KEY KEY_HOME UP

226-783939: EV_KEY KEY_HOME DOWN

226-926311: EV_KEY KEY_HOME UP

229-461013: EV_KEY KEY_HOME DOWN

229-583005: EV_KEY KEY_HOME UP

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

That output is a bit explicit for my liking...

Guest NinjehKitteh

Well, if we get TMV output and SF2 output we can see what's wrong in the TMV output.

Great :D

I've noticed a few small things:

-Some things seem to build up a big cache fast compared to Gingerbread

-Video playback for files other than 3GP on the default player is very choppy, it's like that on YouTube too :/

The cache thing doesn't bother me that much as I use ES Task Manager to clear caches and close open apps, but the YouTube and video playback gets in the way a lot, especially on the move.

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo

Great :D

I've noticed a few small things:

-Some things seem to build up a big cache fast compared to Gingerbread

-Video playback for files other than 3GP on the default player is very choppy, it's like that on YouTube too :/

-Ninjeh.

Video playback at the moment has issues on ICS for the whole ZTE family. I'll leave it to the Gods to fix and it'll probably involve some common changes.

Not sure what you mean by a larger cache?

Guest NinjehKitteh

Video playback at the moment has issues on ICS for the whole ZTE family. I'll leave it to the Gods to fix and it'll probably involve some common changes.

Not sure what you mean by a larger cache?

I use ES Task Manager to make things run faster, and I've noticed that caches build up awfully fast.

For about an hour's web browsing, the cache for Gingerbread used to be around 4MB, but an hour on the same sites (I troll Facebook constantly :P) leads to about 9-10MB. It's not that much of a bother as I can just us ES to clean it, but it slows things down a little more than it used to.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I use ES Task Manager to make things run faster, and I've noticed that caches build up awfully fast.

For about an hour's web browsing, the cache for Gingerbread used to be around 4MB, but an hour on the same sites (I troll Facebook constantly :P) leads to about 9-10MB. It's not that much of a bother as I can just us ES to clean it, but it slows things down a little more than it used to.

-Ninjeh.

Can't say I've noticed and I have a hundred and something apps installed. Though it probably has something to do with the fact that my Dalvik cache is on sd-ext...

Guest NinjehKitteh

I'd help with the TMV if I could but adb just hates me, so I can't :(

Guest NinjehKitteh

Can't say I've noticed and I have a hundred and something apps installed. Though it probably has something to do with the fact that my Dalvik cache is on sd-ext...

How do you get that many apps on it? I have maybe 20 of my own apps on it, moved to my SD card, and it tells me I'm low on space really often :(

Guest Dazzozo

How do you get that many apps on it? I have maybe 20 of my own apps on it, moved to my SD card, and it tells me I'm low on space really often :(

• Create an ext partition in Recovery (bearing in mind this will wipe your SD card in the process)
  • Flash the Darktremor scripts
  • Open Terminal Emulator
  • "su"
  • "a2sd cachesdreset"

And never worry about internal memory again! :P

It just shifts all your Dalvik cache to an ext partition on the SD card while keeping your actual apps on internal memory. A lot of the tiny internal memory we have on a cheap ZTE phone goes to waste because of Dalvik cache residing on it.

Guest NinjehKitteh

• Create an ext partition in Recovery (bearing in mind this will wipe your SD card in the process)
  • Flash the Darktremor scripts
  • Open Terminal Emulator
  • "su"
  • "a2sd cachesdreset"

And never worry about internal memory again! :P

It just shifts all your Dalvik cache to an ext partition on the SD card while keeping your actual apps on internal memory. A lot of the tiny internal memory we have on a cheap ZTE phone goes to waste because of Dalvik cache residing on it.

CWM? How do I create an ext partition? (I'm still a newb :P)

And I think i have my SD card backed up on my PC except for all my app data :L

How much space would it take? I have a 4GB MicroSD and I've got about 1GB left, although I could do with a clear out of some stuff, I download a lot of random stuff, and copies of them.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

CWM? How do I create an ext partition? (I'm still a newb :P)

And I think i have my SD card backed up on my PC except for all my app data :L

How much space would it take? I have a 4GB MicroSD and I've got about 1GB left, although I could do with a clear out of some stuff, I download a lot of random stuff, and copies of them.

-Ninjeh.

Yep, CWM. Advanced -> Partition SD Card. Choose a size for the ext partition that you're comfortable with sacrificing as essentially extra internal memory for the Dalvik cache (I typically go for 512MB) and choose 0MB swap.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Yep, CWM. Advanced -> Partition SD Card. Choose a size for the ext partition that you're comfortable with sacrificing as essentially extra internal memory for the Dalvik cache (I typically go for 512MB) and choose 0MB swap.

Would I have to flash the Darktremor Scripts again even though I already have them?

And I think I'll go for about 512MB, I'll have to clear less off then :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Would I have to flash the Darktremor Scripts again even though I already have them?

And I think I'll go for about 512MB, I'll have to clear less off then :P

-Ninjeh.

Nope, if you've flashed them once they're on your system partition until you flash another ROM without them.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Nope, if you've flashed them once they're on your system partition until you flash another ROM without them.

Oh okay, thanks. Just waiting for Windows' slow copying from my card to my PC and I'll get right to it :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Oh okay, thanks. Just waiting for Windows' slow copying from my card to my PC and I'll get right to it :P

-Ninjeh.

I'm guessing that if I ever format my memory card I'll have to do that all over again?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I'm guessing that if I ever format my memory card I'll have to do that all over again?

-Ninjeh.

Windows should only see the FAT partition from now on which is your normal SD area, which should be shrunk by 512MB, so you should be able to format while retaining the ext partition. If you want to restore the changes you'll have to repartition in CWM with 0MB ext and 0MB swap.