[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

In a surprise turn of events I managed to do everything coursework related tonight, besides polishing up which I plan on doing tomorrow after lesson.

So... that means I can work on this for the rest of the night!

Guest MadEye Moody

Hi,

Pardon me for being stupid,

At the OP, it says that I need a 200MB /system partition to install this ROM. Does the stock OSF2 have a 200MB /system or should I do the partitioning? If I should, how can I do it? All the guides I find are very old and I was wondering if there is a newer version of the so called 'mtd' partitioning zip file I should flash with clockworkmod recovery while having mtdpartmap.txt at /sdcard ?

Guest AmbushReality

Hi,

At the OP, it says that I need a 200MB /system partition to install this ROM. Does the stock OSF2 have a 200MB /system or should I do the partitioning? If I should, how can I do it? All the guides I find are very old and I was wondering if there is a newer version of the so called 'mtd' partitioning zip file I should flash with clockworkmod recovery while having mtdpartmap.txt at /sdcard ?

Just means you have to wipe system data on clockwork mod. Then you install the rom from your sd card :-) if you didnt partition then you should have enough system data.

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest Dazzozo

Hi,

If you're stock and haven't touched the partition layout, you're good to go.

Guest MadEye Moody

Just means you have to wipe system data on clockwork mod. Then you install the rom from your sd card :-) if you didnt partition then you should have enough system data.

If you're stock and haven't touched the partition layout, you're good to go.

Thanks..... looking forward to seeing this ROM with back cam support......

Also, on compiling the ROM, am I to download the whole 6GB of CM?

Guest stokietom

I got the phone today.

Right away I unlocked it, installed CWM and flashed this ROM.

I've been installing only a few apps and now I'm getting a message saying

'insufficient storage available'

I didn't mess with any partitions at all.

Any help?

Thanks

Guest Dazzozo
Guest MadEye Moody

I got the phone today.

Right away I unlocked it, installed CWM and flashed this ROM.

I've been installing only a few apps and now I'm getting a message saying

'insufficient storage available'

I didn't mess with any partitions at all.

Any help?

Thanks

Yeah, happened to me too. This phone has a low internal memory, so using a2sd would be a good idea. I'm not sure if it is supported by CM9, but it is supported by CM7

Its not perfect yet, but fairly usable.

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, happened to me too. This phone has a low internal memory, so using a2sd would be a good idea. I'm not sure if it is supported by CM9, but it is supported by CM7

Its not perfect yet, but fairly usable.

A2SD? The flashable zip is in the OP. It's pretty much universal - I threw it in the Blade forum a few weeks ago for them to have at it.

Guest MadEye Moody

What actually are these? :P I see code, but I have no idea what they are :P

-Ninjeh.

Most probably code merge from the current to the depreciated?

Guest tilal6991

Sure thing!

well later this week I'm free and ill add the Crescent to gerrit to the commit with the other zte devices. Could you test that the new file structure of your repo matches the Skate and test it. Also you will have to comment on gerrit on the status of the rom.

Guest Dazzozo

well later this week I'm free and ill add the Crescent to gerrit to the commit with the other zte devices. Could you test that the new file structure of your repo matches the Skate and test it. Also you will have to comment on gerrit on the status of the rom.

It seems to match but something's causing "don't have product spec for blade2". Going to take a closer look.

Edit: Also, I looked at your skate repo and saw a load of references to blade. Are these meant to be there or should they be changed to skate and blade2 respectively?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest tilal6991

It seems to match but something's causing "don't have product spec for blade2". Going to take a closer look.

Edit: Also, I looked at your skate repo and saw a load of references to blade. Are these meant to be there or should they be changed to skate and blade2 respectively?

Its a WIP. Everything will be changed to Skate.

As for the non match - are you sure your device.mk is correct?

Guest Dazzozo

Its a WIP. Everything will be changed to Skate.

As for the non match - are you sure your device.mk is correct?

It seems to be. Everything's in a similar order to the current skate one with the device differences.

Nothing's showing up in the breakfast menu either.

Edit: Also, if this was to go official, how would the multiple kernels be handled? The two models have different touch screen settings as you're probably aware and I don't think there's another solution besides two kernels.

Edit 2: I can build on common_mini_phone but common_full_phone breaks it. frameworks/base/data/sounds/AllAudio.mk is missing on full.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest irishpancake

A2SD? The flashable zip is in the OP. It's pretty much universal - I threw it in the Blade forum a few weeks ago for them to have at it.

Blade 1 ??

I had DT A2SD on a Froyo [swedish Spring] ROM...the scripts were included in the ROM....I Think!!!!

Worked a treat....with the GUI App.

Guest Dazzozo

Blade 1 ??

I had DT A2SD on a Froyo [swedish Spring] ROM...the scripts were included in the ROM....I Think!!!!

Worked a treat....with the GUI App.

People are associating the phone to DT and not the ROM. CM9 Blade ROMs don't have DT scripts so Froyo is irrelevant.

Guest irishpancake

People are associating the phone to DT and not the ROM. CM9 Blade ROMs don't have DT scripts so Froyo is irrelevant.

Thanx for that....have not flashed CM9 yet.....can't wait!!

Is s2e supported on CM9?

Guest irishpancake

No reason why it shouldn't work.

Dazz...thanks for this....

however, reading on Play, and on XDA, and the devs site S2E is not compatible with CM9...strictly CM7 only...

S2E (simple2ext) works only with CyanogenMod7!ONLY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

BEFORE USING MAKE A FULL BACKUP, THE APPLICATION CAN HARM YOUR DEVICE.

However, I see from your OP, there is DT A2SD scripts flashable in Recovery, so, the A2SDGUI App would work with CM9?? However, this is also no longer under development!!

Just wondering, what size of ext partition, given that this phone lacks Internal Memory?

I think 1GB......??

Edited by irishpancake

Guest NinjehKitteh

Just wondering, what size of ext partition, given that this phone lacks Internal Memory?

I think 1GB......??

I set my ext partition, so did Daz, to 512mb, but it depends on how big your memory card is. I only have a 4GB but when I get a 16GB I'll set the ext to 1GB.

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest stokietom

Has anyone else noticed a really bad battery drain with this ROM? I've only had the phone for 2 days, I flashed CM9 right away.

After 3-4 hours of my phone doing NOTHING, I lose about 70% battery.

Any tips on how to fix this or should I revert to a different ROM?

Cheers