[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Has anyone else noticed a really bad battery drain with this ROM? I've only had the phone for 2 days, I flashed CM9 right away.

After 3-4 hours of my phone doing NOTHING, I lose about 70% battery.

Any tips on how to fix this or should I revert to a different ROM?

Cheers

It's something you're doing that the users who don't have it are not. I leave my phone idle for 6 hours a day and its used only 15-20%.

Guest stokietom

It's something you're doing that the users who don't have it are not. I leave my phone idle for 6 hours a day and its used only 15-20%.

I don't understand what's eating the battery life. I only have Skype/MSN installed and I always close them when I'm finished with them.

Here are some screenshots of my battery usage:

uLpixl.png

R8Sa6l.png

Wifi seems to be the big issue, but hadn't it meant to always be turned on anyway?

Cheers

Guest Dazzozo

Wifi seems to be the big issue, but hadn't it meant to always be turned on anyway?

Wi-Fi will chew your battery and it is absolutely not meant to be always on. It's only on for me inside the house where I'm pretty much charging it all the time, any downloads that aren't in the region of 100mb+ I will use mobile data for as I'm on an unlimited data contract with 3.

Guest Dazzozo

Handed in the coursework today so I'm free to work on this. Trying to get this configuration to build at the moment, and if tilal is around, a quick Q about making this official.

I'm guessing the changes I've been committing to ics-tilal for the Blade2 will need to also be in TomG's kernel repo as this is forked by the CyanogenMod organisation? Otherwise the only way I can see it working out is with a local_manifest.xml which is what I'm using right now.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Titas

Handed in the coursework today so I'm free to work on this. Trying to get this configuration to build at the moment, and if tilal is around, a quick Q about making this official.

I'm guessing the changes I've been committing to ics-tilal for the Blade2 will need to also be in TomG's kernel repo as this is forked by the CyanogenMod organisation? Otherwise the only way I can see it working out is with a local_manifest.xml which is what I'm using right now.

Normal service is resumed tongue.gif. Watching with interest to see how this works out & how it will affect the development of the ROM. The biggies for me are the TMV Home button fix & a working camera. Looking fwd to your next release - whatever the improvements!

Guest Liamness

stokietom, you can set wi-fi to turn off when the device is sleeping. That picture seems to show that the wi-fi has been on for a straight 6 hours, no wonder your battery's draining quickly.

Edited by Liamness

Guest Dazzozo

Normal service is resumed tongue.gif. Watching with interest to see how this works out & how it will affect the development of the ROM. The biggies for me are the TMV Home button fix & a working camera. Looking fwd to your next release - whatever the improvements!

Not going to miss the chance on getting us official status. Hopefully this should result in people who know what they're doing chipping in and generally speed things up. :lol:

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Again, YOU HAVE THE WIFI FIX, HE DOESN'T :P

I did say you should release it

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

Again, YOU HAVE THE WIFI FIX, HE DOESN'T :P

I did say you should release it

I'm trying to! If this build works I'll put it out. :P

Edit: Integrated kernel building seems to have worked. Obviously needs a local_manifest.xml as the required stuff isn't in CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27 yet.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest BenTheHuman

hey guys. ive had my phone for quite a while now. dunno exactly but a while. over time ive noticed an increasing amount of dust appear on the screen inside of the phone. im wondering if you have had the same problem and what you did to fix or avoid this problem

Guest Dazzozo

hey guys. ive had my phone for quite a while now. dunno exactly but a while. over time ive noticed an increasing amount of dust appear on the screen inside of the phone. im wondering if you have had the same problem and what you did to fix or avoid this problem

You've already found the appropriate thread for this. This is a ROM thread.

Guest MadEye Moody

Right, it's actually building the kernel now which looks to be a good sign.

How much time does it usually take to build the android kernel? If comparing to the linux kernel, it should have been done by now

Guest Dazzozo

How much time does it usually take to build the android kernel? If comparing to the linux kernel, it should have been done by now

It is just a stripped down and modified Linux kernel.

Other things have been built since, and problems have arisen that are now fixed, and I'm testing the build.

Edit: Sorry guys, more complications. I have a suspicion this one is because the new device configuration doesn't actually have the Adreno drivers anywhere as the symptoms are the same. Adding them in and rebuilding, shouldn't be too long.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

It is just a stripped down and modified Linux kernel.

Other things have been built since, and problems have arisen that are now fixed, and I'm testing the build.

Edit: Sorry guys, more complications. I have a suspicion this one is because the new device configuration doesn't actually have the Adreno drivers anywhere as the symptoms are the same. Adding them in and rebuilding, shouldn't be too long.

Man you must have nerves of steel xD i would have trashed my pc by now. Good rom btw :)

Guest welshrage

yeah sweet daz man... we can wait. rome wasnt built in a day

edit: hmmm what i put makes no sense does it? just meant that am patient am like heinz tomato ketchup, best things come to those who wait he he he this one gonna have camera working fella?

Edited by welshrage

Guest Dazzozo

The reason this is so difficult for those who aren't following that well; the device configuration has basically had a whole rewrite so it is more suitable for being made an official CyanogenMod device. I used tilal's new Skate configuration as a base and moved everything over, which isn't complete itself as he hasn't got the time to work on it yet.

Guest Dazzozo

Success! We still need to use outdated RIL that doesn't compile from source. I'll inject that, re-sign it and upload.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Also: ZTE Settings has moved to the Settings app. You can now find it under "Advanced", called ZTE Crescent Settings.

Edit: Crap. Wi-Fi is also broken. Hang on...

Edit 2: Wi-Fi is fixed. Side effect of integrated kernel building. It wants to use the dhd.ko built with the kernel but obviously that doesn't work as proved before, we have to use a prebuilt.

Edit 3: Signing and flashing what I will potentially release!

Edit 4: Oh, just checking the market device name, "ZTE ZTE Crescent" probably crept back in but it's a 5 second fix.

Edit 5: Not really sure how long to leave it to deem it fine... it's saying "3 ZTE Crescent" at the moment but I'm not sure if its updated yet.

Edited by Dazzozo