[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest adroc

Hello and thank you again for the fantastic work :)

I would have a feature request : my mobile provider ( "Free" in France ) recently added a new feature to both their mobile phones and internet box-routers : EAP-SIM authentication. Basically it allows one to access their in-house subscribers-only wifi network, without needing to give credentials each time. You just come near a router of their, and voila. This is useful to save on the data plan !

It seems they added the feature in their custom ROMs for the phones they sell , including the Crescent I own. Flashing and going to ICS removed it my side.

ICS does have EAP authentication, but it seems the SIM part is missing . What I understood is that the credentials are simply stored in the SIM card, and passed to wpa_supplicant when needed.

Here is a link to the feature request page in google tracker :

https://code.google..../detail?id=9329

You may want to dig into the comments, and look at #199 and #271

Here is a patch that was written to enable it in ICS :

http://code.google.c.../wiki/EapSimAka

I gave up on building the rom myself, changes are faster than I manage to learn... so here I'm asking you Dazzozo that favour :)

Do you think you can take a look at it , and maybe have it included in a future version ? This would be for sure VERY appreciated by the french community ( see the insane amount of comments on the google issue...and hope it will not happen here too :) ) I suppose the method is used or will be used with other providers around the world as well.

You may not be able to test if it works as it needs both the sim and box , but I'd be very glad to do this here.

Thank you !!

Edited by adroc

Guest Dazzozo

This patch would probably take a bit of work as it changes wpa_supplicant_6 and not wpa_supplicant_8 which we need for the Wi-Fi indicator.

I could probably take a look for one last build, but if we became official this would vanish as it would be an uncommitted change to CM9 unless someone with a loud enough voice threw it on gerrit.

If I got the patch working and I somehow had a voice on gerrit I would put it up.

Guest Dazzozo

Anyway. Sorry guys for the new issues cropping up in the recent builds, its just a side effect of the rewrite, but it needs to happen before we go official. I think that's all of them as no one's complained of anything else, but they're relatively easy to fix as it's just a case of moving over things we had but don't anymore.

Edit: Is the Google Drive link definitely dead?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

No problem daz. You're doing an amazing job. The official tag will be more than worth it. :D

Anyone getting "clock has stopped working" messages all the time?

Guest Dazzozo

No problem daz. You're doing an amazing job. The official tag will be more than worth it. :D

Anyone getting "clock has stopped working" messages all the time?

Working fine for me and I actually use the clock too. :P

Guest adroc
if we became official this would vanish as it would be an uncommitted change to CM9 unless someone with a loud enough voice threw it on gerrit

understood ! Well, if you can manage to have the patch working, maybe we can contact people at CM and see how they see it.

Guest AmbushReality

Any priorities for people now? I'm thinking Vivacity home button next.

Im going to try C9 again when my phones charged :) thanks for fixing it

Guest welshrage

Any priorities for people now? I'm thinking Vivacity home button next.

camera and integrated file browser :oD

ps wanna say massive thanks to ya Daz for sorting out the mouse pointer problem, reinstalled the new R2a this morn and my batt drain only been around 25% all day (wi-fi off, sync and mobile data on)

Edited by welshrage

Guest AmbushReality

Theres like a tiny error when i uninstall an app then try to reinstall. i had to go into the root browser and delete a file as it left some data behind. Cheers :-)

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Dunno about anyone else but my phone is still like an excited toddler... it won't go to sleep :( I've tried it with WiFi on, WiFi off, every time I check CPU Spy tho there's no deep sleep mentioned. I've tried completely wiping the phone and installing the latest build. I do have facebook, Twitter and GMail widgets on the "desktops" though so I'm gonna try disabling them and see if it helps. I also have Antutu CPU Master but I didn't set my screen off, etc for that yet, so I'm gonna try that and try removing it altogether too, see what happens. I'll keep you up to date Daz

Guest fr0do

I'll second that & I'm pretty sure anyone who has the TMV will too

3rded

You think you wouldn't miss it. Then you notice that you can't switch tasks or close to home.

Mine hasn't hit deep sleep either psych. Tried changing governors. No luck yet.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I 4th the home button :P Realised I had like 20 WhatsApp messages because I long held back to close it a few days ago :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

camera and integrated file browser :oD

ps wanna say massive thanks to ya Daz for sorting out the mouse pointer problem, reinstalled the new R2a this morn and my batt drain only been around 25% all day (wi-fi off, sync and mobile data on)

You're rallying the wrong person by asking for an integrated file browser. I'm bringing CM9 to the Crescent, not my own ROM. When CM9 has a file browser, so will this.

Camera I feel is logically next after the Vivacitiers can actually return home without gaining RSI.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Camera I feel is logically next after the Vivacitiers can actually return home without gaining RSI.

This made me laugh, so hard, but is yet so truthful xD

-Ninjeh.

Guest Titas

Dunno about anyone else but my phone is still like an excited toddler... it won't go to sleep :( I've tried it with WiFi on, WiFi off, every time I check CPU Spy tho there's no deep sleep mentioned. I've tried completely wiping the phone and installing the latest build. I do have facebook, Twitter and GMail widgets on the "desktops" though so I'm gonna try disabling them and see if it helps. I also have Antutu CPU Master but I didn't set my screen off, etc for that yet, so I'm gonna try that and try removing it altogether too, see what happens. I'll keep you up to date Daz

If you're not already using it this app might help to track down what is keeping the phone awake - http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1021439&d=1335223188