[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Dammit! I physically changed the size of all 77 photos down from 540x960 to our WVGA. Took a day to figure out what was going wrong :(

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Trying to remove the need for two kernels. Seems pretty difficult as the only way I can think of doing it is finding out which device it is, within the kernel to set the correct configuration instead of using a kernel config value.

Guest MadEye Moody

Trying to remove the need for two kernels. Seems pretty difficult as the only way I can think of doing it is finding out which device it is, within the kernel to set the correct configuration instead of using a kernel config value.

If CWM allows running scripts during zip installation, u could try to find the device and copy the required kernel. I know it doesn't remove the need for 2 kernels, just uses the appropriate kernel automatically.

Guest Dazzozo

If CWM allows running scripts during zip installation, u could try to find the device and copy the required kernel. I know it doesn't remove the need for 2 kernels, just uses the appropriate kernel automatically.

The problem is I'm guessing we must use the new integrated kernel building system (which only outputs one kernel) to become an official CM device, or at least to have CM love us. I'm assuming that because of this the detection must take place in the kernel.

Guest Dazzozo

You could just have 2 entries in CM, one for each phone?

Not sure if they'd approve of that. Does that happen with any other device?

Guest MadEye Moody

The problem is I'm guessing we must use the new integrated kernel building system (which only outputs one kernel) to become an official CM device, or at least to have CM love us. I'm assuming that because of this the detection must take place in the kernel.

If possible, instead of checking the device, add checks for the parts that are different and have codes in the corresponding "if()"

ie.

if(screen == atmel)

{

code_for_atmel;

}

else

{

code_for_synaptics;

}

if(key_type == physical)

{

code_for_physical keys;

}

else

{

code_for_capacitive keys;

}

if(search_key_exist)

{

code_for_search key;

}

etc....

This is considering that this is even possible. I haven't seen your code, so I can only assume possibilities.

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest Dazzozo

If possible, instead of checking the device, add checks for the parts that are different and have codes in the corresponding "if()"

ie.

if(screen == atmel)
{
code for atmel;
}
else
{
code for synaptics;
}

if(key_type == physical)
{
code for physical keys;
}
else
{
code for capacitive keys;
}
if(search_key_exist)
{
code for search key;
}
[/CODE]

etc....

This is considering that this is even possible. I haven't seen your code, so I can only assume possibilities.

We only need to know whether it's a Vivacity in the kernel, the two touch screens are handled as separate drivers.

One of the larger sections of code where this is matters is here: https://github.com/tilal6991/kernel_zte_blade/blob/ics-tilal/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_config.c#L1695

But yes, I know what kind of statement we need, I just don't know how to retrieve that information inside the kernel.

Guest Dazzozo

I've just put a new CM7 build up with some changes I've been sat on for a while. As it's a month since the last it also includes a massive repo sync with a ton of changes in CM 7.2.

The plan is to try and get an AOKP build out Soonâ„¢ as things have definitely shaped up there. That could be as soon as tomorrow or a week long effort, as there are some, uh, "complications" with AOKP.

Where we are with joining the kernels is as above - I still need a way to differentiate the devices within the kernel itself. Regarding the camera, things are improving and I considered releasing a build today but it really isn't worth everyone flashing it just yet.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Regarding the camera, things are improving and I considered releasing a build today but it really isn't worth everyone flashing it just yet.

What kind of changes / improvements are we talking about here?

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Santaren

Hi all, my 1st post on modaco :)

First of all, thanks for great work on this ROM.

My question is, backlight on capacitive buttons (Telenor touch plus - vivacity kernel flashed) are not working. Actually, when i cahnge brightness settings in setings menu, they light up, and work till screen gets turned off. After that they stay off again. Any solutions? They work, i only miss backliht on them.

Guest Dazzozo

What kind of changes are we talking about here?

-Ninjeh.

Less likely to completely conk out until a reboot, less likely to crash in the first place, less likely to freeze the image, more likely to succeed with taking a picture but the preview is a little... wonky at times. It's all WIP and experimental.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Hi all, my 1st post on modaco :)

First of all, thanks for great work on this ROM.

My question is, backlight on capacitive buttons (Telenor touch plus - vivacity kernel flashed) are not working. Actually, when i cahnge brightness settings in setings menu, they light up, and work till screen gets turned off. After that they stay off again. Any solutions? They work, i only miss backliht on them.

Oh wow a Telenor Touch Plus. This has only just been released, you realise? We have no idea what differences there may be from the Vivacity to the TTP and this is probably one of them. A Vivacity user may be able to offer some advice with this as I know the backlight has been dim on certain ROMs. The fix may also apply here.

Guest Santaren

Yep, i realise that it's only been released :) I was just wondering if anyone else had similar problems. I wasn't trying to be a smartass, i hope u didn't understand my post in that tone :) Thanks again for great work, this ROM was main reason why i got this phoen as a second handset, before some other phones :)

Thanks again :)

Guest NinjehKitteh

Oh wow a Telenor Touch Plus. This has only just been released, you realise? We have no idea what differences there may be from the Vivacity to the TTP and this is probably one of them. A Vivacity user may be able to offer some advice with this as I know the backlight has been dim on certain ROMs. The fix may also apply here.

I've had screen dimness but nothing to do with the backlight on the buttons :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Less likely to completely conk out until a reboot, less likely to crash in the first place, less likely to freeze the image, more likely to succeed with taking a picture but the preview is a little... wonky at times. It's all WIP and experimental.

Sounds good so far :)

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo

Yep, i realise that it's only been released :) I was just wondering if anyone else had similar problems. I wasn't trying to be a smartass, i hope u didn't understand my post in that tone :) Thanks again for great work, this ROM was main reason why i got this phoen as a second handset, before some other phones :)

Thanks again :)

I never thought you were being an ass at all, I was just surprised someone had one so early.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I never thought you were being an ass at all, I was just surprised someone had one so early.

Why, when was it released? I got the Vivacity pretty soon after release, but this sounds early early.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Why, when was it released? I got the Vivacity pretty soon after release, but this sounds early early.

-Ninjeh.

Well it was found earlier this week and this is the first user who has actually said they have one.

Guest Santaren

Well it was found earlier this week and this is the first user who has actually said they have one.

Well i bought it 2 days ago, my operator offered it to me, i googled, found good ROM, and decided to take it. Unfortunately my ROM got corrupted while SIM unlocking it, so i wasn't able to back it up...

If u need any additional info, please let me know. BTW, capacitive keys are now working (set brightness to auto). Will keep u updated if they fail to light up again :)

Guest raverrr

Has anybody tried running Quadrant on this ROM yet?

-Ninjeh.

benchmark scores are irelevant really. Has it ever been reported slow? didnt think so ;)

Guest NinjehKitteh

benchmark scores are irelevant really. Has it ever been reported slow? didnt think so ;)

Just wondering what people were getting that's all :P I think it's actually a lot faster than stock.

-Ninjeh.