[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I don't know about that. We know each new release may have issues, far better to put it out in the wild and let us 'break' it, rather than trying to find and fix every little thing before release. We are your testers, imo.

In an ideal world that would be the case, but people are all "me me me me". :P

Guest welshrage

well i aint got no probs with the new build (apart from cam not takin any pics at all, keeps saying cannot connect to camera when i try takin a photo) but am not too bothered about the cam for now... lovin the battery life on this rom i gotta say. keep up the good work Daz,much appreciated

Guest Dazzozo

well i aint got no probs with the new build (apart from cam not takin any pics at all, keeps saying cannot connect to camera when i try takin a photo) but am not too bothered about the cam for now... lovin the battery life on this rom i gotta say. keep up the good work Daz,much appreciated

Reboot? Camera should definitely be working to some extent.

Guest robt77

Hi Dazz, USB storgae working Camera working and this Rom seems even quicker and smoother than the last build. Keep up the good work/

Guest NinjehKitteh

Hey Daz, I bought a new Memory Card (16GB SDHC Class 6) and I created an ext-partition of 1GB (0MB Swap).

I rebooted and ran "su" "as2d cachesdreset" from Terminal Emulator but with hardly any apps installed I'm still hitting 150MB of the 200MB available.

Did I do something wrong?

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: Another question, how do I get rid of the partition on my old 4GB MicroSD?

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo

Hey Daz, I bought a new Memory Card (16GB SDHC Class 6) and I created an ext-partition of 1GB (0MB Swap).

I rebooted and ran "su" "as2d cachesdreset" from Terminal Emulator but with hardly any apps installed I'm still hitting 150MB of the 200MB available.

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: Another question, how do I get rid of the partition on my old 4GB MicroSD?

You'll have to reformat the 4GB with 0MB swap and 0MB ext.

As for the A2SD issue, not sure, as I've never seen the issue myself. Try things. :P

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have another question :P I accidentally hit 'Fix Permissions' in CWM and it seems to be stuck? Like it hasn't done anything for about 5 mins :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I have another question :P I accidentally hit 'Fix Permissions' in CWM and it seems to be stuck? Like it hasn't done anything for about 5 mins :/

-Ninjeh.

If it doesn't get going again you'll probably just have to battery pull.

Guest NinjehKitteh

It finally did something :P And I can't set the ext partition size to 0MB, smallest option is 128MB :/

-Ninjeh.

EDIT: What would happen if I were to 'Wipe Cache Partition'?

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo

It finally did something :P And I can't set the ext partition size to 0MB, smallest option is 128MB :/

-Ninjeh.

That's weird. If you can't do it through CWM you'll have to get some kind of partition manager, this is pretty good for Windows.

EDIT: What would happen if I were to 'Wipe Cache Partition'?

Just wipes /cache I think. Not the sd-ext.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Titas

Hi Dazz, USB storgae working Camera working and this Rom seems even quicker and smoother than the last build. Keep up the good work/

Just what I was thinking! Feels like you're really close to nailing the last few issues. Great work - thanks for giving us a phone that performs way above it's price point

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have one issue with the new build, I've been noticing a red box appearing at the edge of the screen sometimes, mainly during the set-up process.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

Just what I was thinking! Feels like you're really close to nailing the last few issues. Great work - thanks for giving us a phone that performs way above it's price point

Cheers for the comments guys! :D

Guest Dazzozo

I have one issue with the new build, I've been noticing a red box appearing at the edge of the screen sometimes, mainly during the set-up process.

-Ninjeh.

Very odd, I remember that was around in the AOKP build. I've not seen it myself... and you have an Atmel too. :o

Guest NinjehKitteh

Very odd, I remember that was around in the AOKP build. I've not seen it myself... and you have an Atmel too. :o

Yepp, atmel seems to be where all the problems be at :(

How do you get the other apps on the lockscreen, like you had about 4 on the slide to unlockscreen?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Titas

-Ninjeh.

Me too - I have the same screen as frodo tho don't remember which right now

Guest NinjehKitteh

Me too - I have the same screen as frodo tho don't remember which right now

I'm sure fr0do has an atmel too, so looks like - High School Musical quote inbound - 'We're all in this together!!'

-Ninjeh.

Guest Titas

-Ninjeh.

OK - I've had a couple of beers & it's late but your talking about the System partition right? Well afaik A2SD would only move apps from the data partition to SD ext. In fact I'm wondering how you have only used 150MB of 200 - the Rom is taking up 198MB of my 200MB partition

Edited by Titas

Guest jasonleeds

sorry to go slightly off topic but do we have different screens in the crescent like in the blade??

Amazing work on the rom thought, as someone earlier mentioned this makes the price of the phone even better now.

nice one dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

OK - I've had a couple of beers & it's late but your talking about the System partition right? Well afaik A2SD would only move apps from the data partition to SD ext. In fact I'm wondering how you have only used 150MB of 200 - the Rom is taking up 198MB of my 200MB partition

Lol, I'm not old enough to drink but idm.

Anyway, when I partitioned an sd-ext before and did 'a2sd cachesdreset' and it moves the dalvik cache to the 'sd-ext'. I only used to use 60MB for everything, including about 50 apps and games.

Not anymore :(

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

sorry to go slightly off topic but do we have different screens in the crescent like in the blade??

Yeah, it's synaptics and atmel (as I'm sure the blade was).

Atmel seems to get all the problems whilst synaptics just strolls on by :(

-Ninjeh.

Guest Titas

Amazing work on the rom thought, as someone earlier mentioned this makes the price of the phone even better now.

nice one dazzozo

Yep - Synaptics & Amtel (2nd opinion :P )

Edited by Titas