[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

Just as I figured it out :P It seems to happen when something changes the system settings, like when you change to or from automatic brightness. Managed a screenshot after about 10 attempts but it's pretty useless now :P

-Ninjeh.

Guest Titas

Speedily tracked down this issue with fr0do again and it's already fixed. It was me trying to do a spring clean and I actually ended up breaking things...

https://github.com/D...181704dc126cd65

I'll get (ANOTHER) build out tomorrow, but for now I'll ready a patch for you R5a users.

Still there - flashed patch 2nd time but it hasn't gone :(

Edited by Titas

Guest fr0do

post-922633-133668805718_thumb.jpg

Happens regularly:

clicking apps in the app drawer

finishing boot

Clicking airplane mode in shut down menu

Turning on wifi via the slider

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo

May have the root cause to this. Hammering away at it now - I can stay up until 3am tonight on this, and have time to upload it in the morning. :P

It probably will require another build, I'm sorry for the build spam. :(

Guest NinjehKitteh

Im sure you can turn it off in Settings > Developer Options >User Interfaec > Strict mode enabled - Untick.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not a setting that's enabled/disabled, it's ROM based and requires a patch or fix which Daz is already working on (he's awesome) :)

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Found a nice Red Theme that replaces the blues with reds, looks awesome.

If anyone wants a link to lots of themes, here you go :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1643406

Just as a precaution, not all themes are made for our WVGA display, as some are optimised for the Galaxy SII or the Galaxy Nexus size displays.

-Ninjeh.

Edited by NinjehKitteh

Guest Dazzozo

Im sure you can turn it off in Settings > Developer Options >User Interfaec > Strict mode enabled - Untick.

It's happening when disabled.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Don't want to gloat but I don't have the red box issue on San Francisco II, this Rom is mint :) Thanks Again Dazz

Have you done anything that changes the system settings? Like Automatic Brightness or the Theme Chooser?

-Ninjeh.

Guest robt77

The only system setting I changed was the Brightness nI took it off automatic and oput it about half way most of the other settings I change are just visual eg I only like one home screen and mod the notifcation bar. I have just put the brightness back to automatci but still no red box. There is only one theme in thre chooser and it is selected so no. How do you find out what sort of display uyour model is? or Maybe i am just lucky :)

Guest NinjehKitteh

The only system setting I changed was the Brightness nI took it off automatic and oput it about half way most of the other settings I change are just visual eg I only like one home screen and mod the notifcation bar. I have just put the brightness back to automatci but still no red box. There is only one theme in thre chooser and it is selected so no. How do you find out what sort of display uyour model is? or Maybe i am just lucky :)

You can get more themes from the link I just posted :)

And you have to enter a code into the dialer, but it doesn't work within the ROM, only on Gingerbread I think.

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I don't think it's related to the displays, or phone specific at all.

SF2s seem to encounter it less, but they still have it and it's probably just a coincidence.

A potential fix is being built, and it also may change a lot more.

Guest Dazzozo

Change a lot more? Like other aspects of the ROM?

-Ninjeh.

Mhm. Can't say for sure what this is going to change until I test it.