[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest fr0do

Red square appears in Apex app drawer, but not in Trebuchet app drawer. Still in Power menu; Theme chooser, and Wifi slider, whatever launcher is running.

Guest Dazzozo

It is not happening at all on my SF2 anymore - fr0do said it happened on every keypress in Terminal Emulator, I just did the same test, not once.

This is weird.

Guest Dazzozo

Fixed. It is completely fixed in R5b, but if you own a P736E device (Vivacity, Touch Plus) make sure you download the 11/05/2012 kernel. We learned this the hard way. :P

Guest Bouncer5

Wait what? What did I miss when I was away about the Vivacity? I reallly need to know this before I update my page and break eveything for everyone.

Can I get a link to what was learned the hardway?

Edited by Bouncer5

Guest Metooism

Fixed. It is completely fixed in R5b, but if you own a P736E device (Vivacity, Touch Plus) make sure you download the 11/05/2012 kernel. We learned this the hard way. :P

Thank!!!!Thank!!!

Guest welshrage

i used to get that red border issue all the time on the aokp rom,no matter what i did it always appeared. sometimes random but never in a set pattern ie after opening a certain app..it the main reason why i stopped using aokp rom even though i would quite happily married the rom due to its features.. btw i got the synaptics screen

Guest adroc

I notice wifi doesn't go to sleep since R5, wether I set "wifi active during sleep" to "only when plugged", or "never". It simply always stays active.

Can someone confirm ?

Dazzozo thinks it must be upstream, so hopefully it will get fixed with new cm revisions !

Guest misodoctakleidist

I usually turn wifi sleeping off, but I noticed that on CM9 it is off by default. Try checking Settings >> WiFi >> Advanced >> Keep WiFi On During Sleep just to be sure. Mine was set to "always" by default.

Edited by misodoctakleidist

Guest fr0do

I'm getting a weird problem, not sure if anyone else is getting it..

After I've installed Nova Launcher on yesterday's build my dock keeps disappearing so I can't get into the apps list, swiping in the usual dock area still doesn't bring it back. I did use Titanium to remove Trebuchet but I had done that in previous build as well and didn't see this problem. Just to say I also used Titanium to backup my user apps (presumably including Nova Launcher) and then wiped and formatted everything in preparation for installing yesterday's build, then used Titanium to restore the apps, not sure if that might have something to do with it. I also use the "Reloaded ICS" addon but have also used that in previous builds and I did flash it as I usually do.

Just to say, the screen indicator still shows up at the bottom when I swipe from screen to screen.

As there's been new builds since yesterday, I'll do a clean flash and install from scratch and see if the problem remains, I'll also try leaving Trebuchet cos removing it seems to remove some options from the ICS settings.

Gotta love Reloaded :D

Yes I got a similar thing... I totally lost my status bar after deleting Trebuchet. All I could do to bring it back was to re-install Trebuchet.

Guest adroc
Try checking Settings >> WiFi >> Advanced >> Keep WiFi On During Sleep

That is exaclty what doesn't work anymore - this setting seems to be ignored my side, whatever I use ( only when plugged, always or never ) - wifi simply keeps alive.

Guest Dazzozo

That is exaclty what doesn't work anymore - this setting seems to be ignored my side, whatever I use ( only when plugged, always or never ) - wifi simply keeps alive.

This persisting on R5b? I'll look later.

Guest Dazzozo

yes, r5b

fr0d0 tested and found the same, too

I doubt it's my doing as I literally haven't touched Wi-Fi since I got it going. Is this a new issue? I'll check if something upstream has caused it when I get back.

Guest NinjehKitteh

I have a bug on R5a if it's still up for debate?

My bluetooth literally refused to turn on, even after 3 restarts :/

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

I have a bug on R5a if it's still up for debate?

My bluetooth literally refused to turn on, even after 3 restarts :/

-Ninjeh.

I wouldn't even bother reporting it. Bluetooth is going to completely change when I revamp it. It's a proof-of-concept at the moment, really.

Guest Dazzozo

I'll give a test with R5b in a minute.

Do I need to Wipe Data to Factory again?

-Ninjeh.

You don't need to do anything. ;)

I would definitely recommend it. R5b is now on userdebug instead of eng build variant.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Few problems after flashing last night;

1st problem is frequent crashing, I've done a full wipe (format, cache, dalvik) but I'm guessing it might have something to do with me overclocking it to 122-902mhz- but I used these settings on FNC and it ran with no problems so I'm unsure.

2nd problem is the home screen seems a bit well I don't know how to describe it but it won't register my touch sometime or it won't scroll through the screens properly, I don't think it's a touch issue though. For example when I slide my finger across to change between my screens it sometimes bounces back to the screen which seems bizarre as I've never encountered this before. - I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the ROM and thanks for the help you gave me on Twitter earlier!

Guest techsolo

You don't need to do anything. ;)

I would definitely recommend it. R5b is now on userdebug instead of eng build variant.

It's going fast at the moment, Dazzozo! Phone is probably in the mailstation now and with a bit of luck will I have it tomorrow...

Edited by techsolo

Guest Dazzozo

Few problems after flashing last night;

1st problem is frequent crashing, I've done a full wipe (format, cache, dalvik) but I'm guessing it might have something to do with me overclocking it to 122-902mhz- but I used these settings on FNC and it ran with no problems so I'm unsure.

It does crash occasionally but it sounds like you've had a pretty bad run with it. I'm maxed at 940MHz and I get a crash around once a week.

2nd problem is the home screen seems a bit well I don't know how to describe it but it won't register my touch sometime or it won't scroll through the screens properly, I don't think it's a touch issue though. For example when I slide my finger across to change between my screens it sometimes bounces back to the screen which seems bizarre as I've never encountered this before. - I hope that makes sense.

Noticed this also, the touchscreens could have some optional configuration pumped in to them but I honestly don't see it changing. If you use a screen tracking app, or turn the option on in dev settings, you see it tracks 100%. Just seems to be a problem with Trebuchet and Trebuchet-based launchers.

Thanks for the ROM and thanks for the help you gave me on Twitter earlier!

np ;)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks for the reply, I'm just switched to 'Apex Launcher' - Exactly the same appearance as ICS with a few other customization features, nice alternative and no scrolling issues. After a few reboots the crashing has seemed to have stopped.