[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest vladax10

It's a Vivacity, you are safe to follow the Vivacity instructions.

Thanks Daz,i mean for all,just keep working,we will donate...:)

Guest Dazzozo

Hi Dazz,

should the Vivacity kernel still be on the 19052012? Is it safe to flash over the new 27052012 SFII release?

Thanks

Yep. That zip should update less from now on, and it'll be cross compatible for both AOKP and CM9.

Guest MadEye Moody

Daz, first of all a massive thanks for your work on this ROM. I flashed it on friday and have been using it over the weekend.

Mostly its been pretty good, however my battery life has been absymal. I think I have found the culprit though... I changed my Wif-Fi settings to sleep when the screen is off. I'll see how it gets on now I have changed that setting. Is there any way you can get that set by default when you install the ROM?

The other thing that has puzzled me is A2SD, and not being able to install stuff from the market. I installed A2SD when I installed the ROM, and then installed all my apps from Titanium Backup. It looks like the apps were correctly on the sd-ext partition. My data partition had about 30Mb left, but trying to install anything over about 2Mb from the market resulted in an "Insufficient Storage" error. If I moved all my apps to the FAT partition of the SD card (using Settings->Apps->Move to phone), then I can then successfully install stuff from the market.

What I don't understand was why so much of my data partition was being used up even though my apps were on the sd-ext partition. I know that dalvik etc is on the data partition but it did seem very high. Also, why would moving the app from sd-ext to FAT free up any space? And why does Google Play comlain about insufficient storage when there was plenty available?

Anyway, great ROM, keep up the good work.

I have faced similar issues when i had used lucky patcher. If i uninstall any apps that was patched with it, and then try to install it, it would say insufficient storage.

I am able to install other apps and updates. Haven't yet noticed if they are <2MB. Will check with the R7a

Guest dodgetimmy

The other thing that has puzzled me is A2SD, and not being able to install stuff from the market. I installed A2SD when I installed the ROM, and then installed all my apps from Titanium Backup. It looks like the apps were correctly on the sd-ext partition. My data partition had about 30Mb left, but trying to install anything over about 2Mb from the market resulted in an "Insufficient Storage" error. If I moved all my apps to the FAT partition of the SD card (using Settings->Apps->Move to phone), then I can then successfully install stuff from the market.

What I don't understand was why so much of my data partition was being used up even though my apps were on the sd-ext partition. I know that dalvik etc is on the data partition but it did seem very high. Also, why would moving the app from sd-ext to FAT free up any space? And why does Google Play comlain about insufficient storage when there was plenty available?

Forgive me if you have already done this , because I am unsure how technically astute you are.

You installed A2SD, but did you also create a SD-ext partition using clockworkmod recovery?

Sounds typical of apps just being moved to the sd and not utilising the ext.Maybe it's just you need more space on the ext partition?

Guest windy_miller

Forgive me if you have already done this , because I am unsure how technically astute you are.

You installed A2SD, but did you also create a SD-ext partition using clockworkmod recovery?

Sounds typical of apps just being moved to the sd and not utilising the ext.Maybe it's just you need more space on the ext partition?

I have a 1Gb sd-ext partition

Guest S3RiOUSS

Hey guys im almost a complete noob so i would just like to know the procedure of updating revision.I have R6 and if i want to update i just download the ROM link like i used to for R6(Links updated?) and just flash the new R7a version and thats it or do i need to do the entire procedure of flashing a ROM kernel apps and boot screen?

Guest adroc

Hi there ! I updated this morning , great version so far , excepted it screwed CsipSimple ( sip phone ), and I'm not sure I like Apollo player, but these are no big deal and I found great replacements.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that wifi active druring sleep "only when plugged" setting still is broken for me . Could someone confirm this ? or did I do something wrong my side ? I would like wifi to go to sleep automatically to keep battery longer !

If we can confirm it is broken for all of us, then we can maybe start asking at CM level ?

Guest windy_miller

Setting "Keep Wi-fi on during sleep" to "only when plugged in" seems to have fixed my battery issue.

Edited by windy_miller

Guest adroc

mmmmm "only when plugged in" doesn't work for me since a few revisions, and I really wonder why. wifi simply stays up whatever the activity.

Guest MadEye Moody

Hey guys im almost a complete noob so i would just like to know the procedure of updating revision.I have R6 and if i want to update i just download the ROM link like i used to for R6(Links updated?) and just flash the new R7a version and thats it or do i need to do the entire procedure of flashing a ROM kernel apps and boot screen?

I guess u have to do the entire thing again. ie. wipe cache/factory reset, install CM9, (if u have vivacity)install vivacity kernel, install gapps, (optional)install a2sd, (optional)install boot animation.

It is not required to do a "format /system", but I would recommend it.

Guest zorbon

I have on TMV CM9 release R6 from 19/05 but after latest reboot Home button is not working, phone only vibrate without any action on display.

Any tips? Thanks

Guest MadEye Moody

I have on TMV CM9 release R6 from 19/05 but after latest reboot Home button is not working, phone only vibrate without any action on display.

Any tips? Thanks

but after latest reboot

you mean after flashing (installing) R7a ?

Did you install the kernel for TMV?

Guest zorbon

you mean after flashing (installing) R7a ?

Did you install the kernel for TMV?

Yesterday I flash to R7, but there are many crash so I completely reflashed (wipes, kernel, gapps,...) to R6. About 2 hours it was OK, but after third reboot Home button is not working, only vibrate.

Edited by zorbon

Guest RedZombie

Possibly a stupid response but.... if you can still download apps under 2mb, sounds like your cache partition is only 2mb... check your partition sizes. I recommend the ICS TPT Option 4 from Amorhpeus, think its linked in OP.

Edited by RedZombie

Guest S3RiOUSS

Hey guys i am experiencing a video playback lag is this just me or is it the rom?With stock rom i was able to play 800x480 at 3.3 mbs with 24 FPS smoothly (mp4 h.264).

Guest Dazzozo

Hey guys i am experiencing a video playback lag is this just me or is it the rom?With stock rom i was able to play 800x480 at 3.3 mbs with 24 FPS smoothly (mp4 h.264).

Not Working:

• Panorama
  • Hardware decoding (and probably never will work)
  • Front Camera

Hardware decoding: Qualcomm are required to release an OpenMAX integration layer update that is compatible with Ice Cream Sandwich due to the device unfortunately being one of many which are MSM7227 QDSP5. The chances of this happening are pretty much zero. If you want more information, or a petition to sign (again) in the hope it actually gets somewhere: http://www.groubal.c...-from-qualcomm/

We are listed in the petition in the device list as "ZTE Blade S".

Guest zorbon

Yesterday I flash to R7, but there are many crash so I completely reflashed (wipes, kernel, gapps,...) to R6. About 2 hours it was OK, but after third reboot Home button is not working, only vibrate.

Any idea anyone?

Guest S3RiOUSS

Wow,i even signed the petition without even knowing what that is....but im learning this android fast!So no hardware decoding,well that sucks even though im loving CM9 i dont think i can keep it without video playback and crappy camera...:( Is there any unbranded ROM for Vivacity that doesnt lag like t mobile/telenor one??

Guest sterothery

Hi guys don't know if any1s asked this you know the back panel light behind the touch buttons is there anyway off making it come on when u use the phone in the dark and off in the light, pain in the arise trying to press the right button when laying in bed.

Did try searching but on phone and brought up topics that have no relevance

Cheers

Guest Dazzozo

Hi guys don't know if any1s asked this you know the back panel light behind the touch buttons is there anyway off making it come on when u use the phone in the dark and off in the light, pain in the arise trying to press the right button when laying in bed.

Did try searching but on phone and brought up topics that have no relevance

Cheers

Someone had a solution to this a while back but I think the patch meant that they were permanently bright. If someone can dig it up for me again (I think flibblesan incorporated it in to FLB2) I can look in to how it works and see if it can be controlled by the auto brightness.