[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Ah. I don't suppose I'd want to get around those restrictions. I just meant for the apps that work on stock ROM, but not on some custom ROMs.

I have downloaded Rom Toolbox anyway so I'll try it at some point.

If you give me some examples I can look in to it.

Guest misodoctakleidist

If you give me some examples I can look in to it.

Thanks.

I have forgotten most of them, but I'm pretty sure TVGuide.co.uk worked on the stock ROM. I had assumed it was due to the change in device name.

It'll probably turn out that they updated it at the same time I flashed a new ROM and then I'll look silly. :(

Guest Dazzozo

mkdir("wlan0", 0770)                    = -1 EEXIST (File exists)
socket(PF_UNIX, SOCK_DGRAM, 0) = 6
bind(6, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="wlan0/wlan0"}, 110) = -1 EADDRINUSE (Address already in use)
connect(6, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="wlan0/wlan0"}, 110) = -1 ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
unlink("wlan0/wlan0") = 0
bind(6, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="wlan0/wlan0"}, 110) = 0[/code]

Getting there.

Edit: Okay, so, lock me up. It wasn't the Wi-Fi module. Not now, anyway. It seems to be more of an issue with wpa_supplicant throwing a fit or being configured incorrectly, which is a bit bizarre as I haven't changed it. It really likes that wlan0 directory in /.

I'll look at this again tomorrow but I really need some sleep.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest jasonleeds

Seems to just be mis-configured wpa_supplicant. Could potentially have a fix out by the end of the day but no promises. :P

You GO DUDE!!!

Guest Dazzozo

Using interface 'wlan0'
Could not connect to wpa_supplicant - re-trying
Connection established.

Interactive mode
[/code] Herro I am ZTE.
[code]> scan_results
scan_results
bssid / frequency / signal level / flags / ssid
00:24:17:c6:a0:f5 2442 194 [WPA-PSK-TKIP+CCMP][WPA2-PSK-TKIP+CCMP] am i kawaii uguu
02:24:17:c6:a0:f6 2442 194 BTOpenzone-H
02:24:17:c6:a0:f7 2442 193 BTFON
>

Yes. My home network is called am i kawaii uguu.

Right. This issue is just stupid. It's really simple things. For some reason it can't create directories in /data/misc/wifi/, it intends to create "wlan0" here. If I assist and make the directory for it, wpa_supplicant starts up fine and I am able to interface with wifi somewhat. (Above, a network scan.) Nothing in the OS as of yet, the wifi switch still doesn't like it.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I can make wpa_supplicant happy post boot, and I've apparently connected to my network but not through the OS. As such, WifiStateMachine still reports failed to load driver and I'm guessing this is because it can't insmod it itself.

Guest Dazzozo

Fixed!

Edit: Making some small changes to the device config and then I'll be throwing a build up.

Edit 2: The damn Wi-Fi icon still shows up grayed out as if it's not working but it actually is. Though I'm guessing Fuzzra noticed that was because of a bad driver and that was probably the reason for the experimental bcm4330_b1_b2_zte stuff.

Edit 3: Building a set of kernels just to be sure...

Edit 4: R1 will be coming along shortly!

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

The wifi signal can be sorted by switching to wpa_supplicant 8.

Great job on getting it working!

I wouldn't like to touch wpa_supplicant myself because I've not properly "fixed" the issue. I'm just using outdated libhardware and libhardware_legacy. Some recent changes there seem to have broken things for us.

Edit: https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/commit/294df39d8ced85c912c895fa0e0552e5ff7d41fb

These are just ripped out of my 31/03 build. It'll do for now - I'll try looking in to the changes later.

Edit 2: Actually, sod it. I'll give it a go locally while I get the build environment ready on the VM.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest surfungus

Hi Daz

Fantastic work you've (and whoever in the background) been doing on this!!! :D

Doesn't look like it's been easy, great to see you made some progress.Been loving the running commentary on this too B)

Thanks again for all your time and effort,

Cheers surf

Guest Dazzozo

Right, I can't get wpa_supplicant on 8 with much ease at the moment - compiling just dies. I'll look in to it for the next build as it's only cosmetic.

tilal, hints? *nudge* ;)

Edit: Yes, a build is still coming today with functional Wi-Fi. I haven't backed down on that. :P

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest AmbushReality

When this comes out is the Wi-Fi going to be working perfectly. because i dont want to flash a new ROM to find out that it doesnt work properly

Guest Dazzozo

When this comes out is the Wi-Fi going to be working perfectly. because i dont want to flash a new ROM to find out that it doesnt work properly

Define working perfectly.

Wow, attitude. Don't flash anything in these ICS threads then, it's all experimental and no one owes you anything.

Guest AmbushReality

Define working perfectly.

Wow, attitude. Don't flash anything in these ICS threads then, it's all experimental and no one owes you anything.

I was just asking because im new to this. ill give it a try when you post it :)

Guest Dazzozo

I was just asking because im new to this. ill give it a try when you post it :)

It wasn't the question that was the problem, it was the attitude in the latter part of what you said. Everyone who has contributed to this, whether it be tilal, fuzzra, PsYcHoKiLLa, me, and everyone else who has flashed for testing purposes does it for free. This is not a one stop shop for completed ROMs, especially when it's so hard to build a Crescent ROM from source because of how little we have.

I'm going to cool off, I'm a little frustrated.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

lol, Breath!!

If anyone needs to know the status of any rom (i.e. What does and doesn't work) it's clearly shown in the first 2 posts of ANY rom post, the developers know what is and isn't a full, completed rom. If that's what you want then "stick with stock" ;)

Also, just for info, there is no such thing as a completed CM9 rom at the moment, they're ALL in development still, sure there's phones with Android 4 in them, but they're not CyanogenMod roms, they're stock Google phones. Any CM9 rom still has missing bits in them because Cyanogen haven't finished CM9. So the progress isn't just the devs here, it's the whole project.

As I said, if you don't want to have to wait for a completed rom then, as I said, Stick with Stock!

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

lol, Breath!!

If anyone needs to know the status of any rom (i.e. What does and doesn't work) it's clearly shown in the first 2 posts of ANY rom post, the developers know what is and isn't a full, completed rom. If that's what you want then "stick with stock" ;)

Aye. I'm cool now. :lol:

Guest AmbushReality

It wasn't the question that was the problem, it was the attitude in the latter part of what you said. Everyone who has contributed to this, whether it be tilal, fuzzra, PsYcHoKiLLa, me, and everyone else who has flashed for testing purposes does it for free. This is not a one stop shop for completed ROMs, especially when it's so hard to build a Crescent ROM from source because of how little we have.

I'm going to cool off, I'm a little frustrated.

Sorry man. didnt mean to sound like an arsehole. I appriciate the work you are doing to make our Crescents better.