[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest plewis1981

hi guys

i have just downloaded the rom and google apps but the google apps file is in md5 format and cwm dose not recognise it.

What do i do???

sorry ro being such a noob lol ;-)

Edited by plewis1981

Guest rymate1234

hi guys

i have just downloaded the rom and google apps but the google apps file is in md5 format and cwm dose not recognise it.

What do i do???

sorry ro being such a noob lol ;-)

Try downloading the zip file ;)

Guest plewis1981

Try downloading the zip file ;)

where can i get it i have had a quick look around but had no joy.

the link on page 1 only gives my the md5.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

http://goo.im/gapps

If you are running CM9, AOSP or AOKP those are ICS roms so you need the latest ICS version, if you're running any other rom here then you need the latest gb (gingerbread build) so as of today's date (10th June 2012) those would be :

ICS

http://goo.im/gapps/...0429-signed.zip

Gingerbread

http://goo.im/gapps/...0828-signed.zip

You really should bookmark the top link and check back every now and then as they are updated frequently (well, relatively frequently) :) There's a lot of other android stuff hosted there, it's one of the major android repositories, the ZTE drivers are also hosted there...

http://goo.im/tools/...roid_Driver.exe

There's even a Goo IM app on the Android Market (Sorry, Google Play :blink: ) you can use to check for updates...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zMHVwLmdvb21hbmFnZXIiXQ..

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest plewis1981

Hi PsYcHoKiLLa

I was hoing to install cm9 so i downloaded the files from page 1, and moved them to my sd card, rom and a2sd were both fine, but the google apps link downloaded gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.md5 so i booted into recovery to ckeck if all was well befor continuing and cwm didnot finde google apps.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

OK, At this point I would give up. If you don't know exactly what you're doing there's a good chance you're going to "brick" your phone.

Guest Dazzozo

You're trying to flash an md5 hash of the zip, I don't even know how you managed to download that instead, I can't even find links to them. Just the actual md5 string in the page.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I gave him a direct link to the zip file and to be brutally honest if you can't download a file I've directly linked then you shouldn't be messing about with the core functionality of your phone :wacko:

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

If you're not understanding the reason for an md5 file/serial, md5 is used as an integrity check, it makes sure the file you should have is the one you actually get and that there's been no distortion in the file while you were downloading it, all you do is use the md5 value to check the integrity of your zip file. The zip file is the only file you need to be putting on your sdcard.

Once you've downloaded the zip file you can check the md5 number matches your file using a program like WinMD5Free : http://www.winmd5.com/

So just download the file and use that program to check the md5 value matches what it should be, if it does then you know your zip file is fine to flash onto the phone, if it doesn't match up, firstly don't flash the file, try downloading it again and checking it.

That's about all I can say to you, the links are in the post I made above, as I said if you are struggling with these steps, these are the most simple techniques for flashing your phone, if you can't get to grips with them then I would leave your phone alone cos you'll probably end up bricking it.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest plewis1981

i clicked the link and got this

Please wait while we prepare your download!

Filename: gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

MD5sum: 7c524e1e078164f681e0aa6753180b2c

the download dose not start and the only download link is as above :wacko:

this happens on my phone and laptop.

i am not exactly an armature i have unlocked my phone and flashed several roms.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Well, since you're a "prufeshinal" I presumed you'd realise that the "Please wait while we prepare your download" means you wait till they prepare your download, cos if you did you'd see the browser automatically start downloading the file :)

Guest plewis1981

Thanks Dazzozo!!!

PsYcHoKiLLa i sat with the page open for over 10 mins.

Got what i need now thanks for the help guys appreciate it !!!!!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Hmm ok, I'd consider checking your browser or replacing it then. Works fine here. Remember, check that md5 just in case there's a problem with the download.

Guest plewis1981

just 1 last question.

Do i have to wipe dalvik cach befor i install cm9 as with other roms or is it just wipe data and factory reset

Guest MadEye Moody

Does anyone else have their Wifi doing weird things with the latest version?

Mine sometimes does not connect after wake from sleep and if I try to turn it off (so that I can turn it on again and connect), it won't turn off. It says its turning off the Wifi, but stays like that.....

I have installed a theme, that seems to be the difference from what I used to do in previous versions.

Also, when the above mentioned problem occurs, I can't turn on the bluetooth either

Guest G Sharir

I had a similar issue - couldn't connect bletooth at all always kepts saying it was connecting. I just reinstalled the older version and now it works fine. still hoping for the camera and flsh fix...

Guest Dazzozo

had to do fresh install and it keeps saying not enough space skipping files what is this as i used tpt option 4

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/commit/b489593decdc1e8bb7788bc5d0a977b8774687bc

May have fixed a problem with releasetools for some people. A build hasn't been put out with this change yet, though.

The wifi is still acting weird..... should I go back to R7a or wait for R9?

When I fix Bluetooth (if you're watching the developments in the other thread, we're really getting somewhere), I'm putting out a build immediately. Though that could be any time. Chances are I'll probably put one out this weekend/early next week other than that.

Guest domenico lamberti

is Bluetooth the last thing you have to do? i mean there is certain stuff you cant do without those openmax codecs, so is all you can fix at this stage bluetooth and then its a very near complete ROM