[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Having separate builds allows me to also properly declare how many hardware keys the device has. The P736V is set to 7 (Menu, Home, Back), while the P736E is set to 15 (Menu, Home, Back, Search). The numbers are just the bit field value.

These are complete builds catered for the device type - no separate zip to flash, other than gapps. Yes they still allow overclocking. You can probably get away with just a cache wipe.

They're not pleasant names, but I'd rather call it P736E and P736V because there is more than the T-Mobile Vivacity in that family now to call it "TMV", and the same applies to the Orange San Francisco II.

great answer Dazzozo and just what i was looking for. It's what I thought might be the case but re-assuring to get confirmation.

I take your point about generic naming, instead of names like SFII or TMV.

I'll load R11a on my TMV (sorry, P736E) and check it out now..

thanks again..

Guest gabriwinter

New build up!

It really depends what you're doing, get some kind of advanced battery logging app and see if you can make any discoveries.

A lot of stuff comes down to our pretty poor kernel, but that's improving (and a lot more now we're on the live one!)

Solved by pulling battery out for 5min.

Guest chris231

is it just me or is the gmail app now fixed?

ie no disappearing emails anymore....

Also I guess if I flashed R11 on my SF2 then that is basically the same as the R11a P736V zip file?

Chris

Guest Dazzozo

is it just me or is the gmail app now fixed?

ie no disappearing emails anymore....

Also I guess if I flashed R11 on my SF2 then that is basically the same as the R11a P736V zip file?

Chris

Yeah, it's the same. Nothing's really going on in the CM9 branches that concern us now - attention has been shifted to CM10.

Guest FrankyG

Hi,

I've just downloaded and flashed the P736E rom. I also flashed the darktremor scripts but when I tried to install and run the GUI then it presents a message 'A2sd script does not run properly, better do "a2sd check" in terminal emulator! Maybe your version is below 2.7.5.5' Any idea why this happens?

I had previously created an sd-ext3 partition and was running CM9 r9. I did a wipe/factory reset, basically followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread, including installing the darktremor scripts. Was this the correct procedure?

Thanks,

Guest gabriwinter

Hi,

I've just downloaded and flashed the P736E rom. I also flashed the darktremor scripts but when I tried to install and run the GUI then it presents a message 'A2sd script does not run properly, better do "a2sd check" in terminal emulator! Maybe your version is below 2.7.5.5' Any idea why this happens?

I had previously created an sd-ext3 partition and was running CM9 r9. I did a wipe/factory reset, basically followed the instructions at the beginning of this thread, including installing the darktremor scripts. Was this the correct procedure?

Thanks,

I use Links2sd try it out and see if that works for you

Edited by gabriwinter

Guest MadEye Moody

@Daz

Trying to sync to your (and CM9) repo, but I get this error

~/android/source/cm9$ repo sync

Fetching projects: 65% (168/258) fatal: remote error:

Repository not found.

Fetching projects: 89% (230/258) fatal: remote error:

Repository not found.

Fetching projects: 99% (256/258) error: Cannot fetch Dazzozo/kernel_zte_blade

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

Guest IronFarm

Hi,

Thanks,

This is the exact problem I'm having. I've never had a problem with the A2SD before.

Edited by IronFarm

Guest Liamness

I've tried a2sd for the first time. I installed the scripts via clockworkmod, then realised I had to create an ext partition so I did that, then I installed the scripts again. Doesn't seem to have done anything though.

*edit*

Wait, I think I have it working. Open up the terminal emulator, type su, then a2sd check. Should say that the programs are being installed to the internal memory. Type a2sd install, it will do some magic stuff and the phone will reboot. It's not like it did a bit song and dance to show me it's all working fine, but I now have loads of stuff installed, and the phone says it still has 100mb free, so it must be working.

Edited by Liamness

Guest Dazzozo

@Daz

Trying to sync to your (and CM9) repo, but I get this error

~/android/source/cm9$ repo sync

Fetching projects: 65% (168/258) fatal: remote error:

Repository not found.

Fetching projects: 89% (230/258) fatal: remote error:

Repository not found.

Fetching projects: 99% (256/258) error: Cannot fetch Dazzozo/kernel_zte_blade

error: Exited sync due to fetch errors

As per the recent updates that kernel has been deleted. You no longer need it in your manifest.

Guest MadEye Moody

you mean, I should remove this line from .repo/local_manifest.xml?

<project name="Dazzozo/kernel_zte_blade" path="kernel/zte/blade2" remote="github" revision="ics-tilal" />[/CODE]

Guest Dazzozo

Yes. It is no longer needed. the cm.dependencies will pull the correct kernel during building.

Edit: Bear in mind as previously mentioned the kernel that is built will have broken Wi-Fi. If you want to fix this, go to kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27/arch/arm/configs and edit cyanogen_blade2_defconfig + cyanogen_blade_p736v_defconfig and change the line:

CONFIG_DHD = m

to:

# CONFIG_DHD is not set

I will try and get this properly merged ASAP.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Liamness

I was looking at the tweaks to GPS that were made in FnC and I suspect many of the Blade Roms also, as I remembered GPS performance being superb on that rom. GPS does work on this rom, but when the weather is bad or you're indoors, it can take minutes to lock. Sometimes it loses where it is also. There's a few changes in android/etc/gps.conf basically, and they seem to make a big improvement. I can't find an analogous settings file in the CM9 zip though, no gps.conf anywhere. Is it done differently in ICS?

Guest FrankyG

I use Links2sd try it out and see if that works for you

Tried it and it doesn't work. 'Mount script error' - Mount script cannot be created.

I've tried so many times to wipe, format etc and just cannot get apps2sd to work. Tried AOKP and it wouldn't boot at all.

It seems that the sd-ext partition is created ok, but it won't mount at boot. I totally wiped the sd card and allowed the phone to create the sd-ext, and then installed the ROM, and then darktremors scripts. Reboot and nothing happens, just go through the initial setup routine.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can try to get it working?

Thanks,

Guest Liamness

Daz, any idea where I should be looking if I want to mess with the GPS setup (particularly to see if I can get AGPS assistance working), in lieu of there being a gps.conf file in android/etc/?

Guest grillmm

I have some problem with darktremor scripts in R11a. "a2sd check" in terminal emulator give me errors about missing busybox. Phone is vivacity. Now I'am back on R10, but i can reflash, and post full output from script.

Guest PhillT2

Horribly noob question here. I have a Orange Sanfrancisco II that I am going to put this on. By doing so will that automatically unlock the phone, or do I need to follow a separate procedure first.

Sorry for asking a question that may have been asked before, but I couldn't find the answer.

Thanks,

-PhillT2

Guest domenico lamberti

it will not unlock the device, there is a separate thread for that, i wish it was as easy as that (like it was on the old San francisco (ZTE Blade) )

Guest Dazzozo

you mean, I should remove this line from .repo/local_manifest.xml?

<project name="Dazzozo/kernel_zte_blade" path="kernel/zte/blade2" remote="github" revision="ics-tilal" />[/CODE]

Yes. It is no longer needed. the cm.dependencies will pull the correct kernel during building.

Edit: Bear in mind as previously mentioned the kernel that is built will have broken Wi-Fi. If you want to fix this, go to kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27/arch/arm/configs and edit cyanogen_blade2_defconfig + cyanogen_blade_p736v_defconfig and change the line:

CONFIG_DHD = m

to:

# CONFIG_DHD is not set

I will try and get this properly merged ASAP.

This is now waiting for review: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19042/

You can pull the change from there which is a little easier than manually editing.

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks, but I have no idea as to how I can pull the changes. I'll manually edit... hope it won't conflict on next sync

cd kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27

git fetch http://review.cyanog...-kernel-msm7x27 refs/changes/42/19042/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

Edit: ugh...

cd kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27
git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27 refs/changes/42/19042/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
[/CODE]

Edited by Dazzozo