[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest IronFarm

A2SD was working on my SF2 in R11a. I think the TMV users having trouble with it

I'm having the same A2SD problems and I've got a SFII. What partitions are you using? I'm using the default one with a 200MB system partition.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks, I'm just thinking of reflashing CM9 but if A2SD isn't working how it should be then I'm avoiding it, I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

Guest AmbushReality

Thanks, I'm just thinking of reflashing CM9 but if A2SD isn't working how it should be then I'm avoiding it, I'll keep an eye on the thread though.

Why is everyone having problems with A2SD? i flashed last night and it works fine. Are you sure you have an EXT-Partition?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Yeah I do, I haven't attempted it on CM9 as I use CM7. I'll test it during the holidays.

Does MXPlayer still work to play back videos on CM9? I remember using MX to play back camera videos on the earlier builds of CM9 with no problems.

Guest MadEye Moody

I'm having the same A2SD problems and I've got a SFII. What partitions are you using? I'm using the default one with a 200MB system partition.

Check how much free space you have in the /system partition. I would say removing some system apps (like the ROM Manager for example, you could remove some system apps that are available in the Play store and install them from there, which will put them in the data partition) with a tool (like Titanium Backup) to free up some space (at least 5mb, to be on the safe side, you can make it 10) and then installing the a2sd scripts could solve the problem.

After flashing the a2sd scripts, open the terminal emulator and run the commands :

su

a2sd check

That would tell whether its working or not.

I have a 220-10-210 TPT with CWM 5.5.0.4 from chris231 in the thread :

Guest MadEye Moody

Yeah I do, I haven't attempted it on CM9 as I use CM7. I'll test it during the holidays.

Does MXPlayer still work to play back videos on CM9? I remember using MX to play back camera videos on the earlier builds of CM9 with no problems.

I think the videos created with CM9 cannot be played by MX Player because of the lack of OpenMAX library interface (which qualcom said they are not planning to make). The player would play videos created in CM7, but the videos created in CM9 lacks some sort of meta data or something, but it would still play in PC

Would someone care to give more insight?

Guest Dazzozo

If MX Player worked before on CM9 it will still work. Nothing has changed in that regard. For a player to work on Android you need a player that doesn't care about metadata but I'm not aware of any myself.

We can't add metadata to video as that is something OMX provides. To have it recording at all we have to disable that.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

MXPlayer with the Arm6 codecs worked for me on CM9 a few builds back. I'll flash tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

Guest chris231

If anyone's interested I could do a trimmed down version of Daz's rom and gapps to fit on a 200mb system partition.

A few things could be sacrificed from the rom like the below:

CM Wallpapers 7.1mb

Video editor 4.4mb

rommanager 2.5mb (add after if needed)

live wallpapers 1.6mb (slow down phone)

apollo 379kb

DSPmanager 183kb (runs all the time, not sure the importance of this)

swop boot animation for a smaller one or just remove 4.1mb

remove some of the larger ringtones ~4mb

remove the non-english TTS language files 3.8mb

And from gapps:

facelock 24-39mb (wow didn't realise was so big) what this situation here Daz? can all this be removed?

GenieWidget 1.1mb

These are somethings I remove before flashing.

I'm sure Daz could look over it just to check that it won't break anything important.

Anyone interested? Or mod this list?

Guest IronFarm

If anyone's interested I could do a trimmed down version of Daz's rom and gapps to fit on a 200mb system partition.

A few things could be sacrificed from the rom like the below:

CM Wallpapers 7.1mb

Video editor 4.4mb

rommanager 2.5mb (add after if needed)

live wallpapers 1.6mb (slow down phone)

apollo 379kb

DSPmanager 183kb (runs all the time, not sure the importance of this)

swop boot animation for a smaller one or just remove 4.1mb

remove some of the larger ringtones ~4mb

remove the non-english TTS language files 3.8mb

And from gapps:

facelock 24-39mb (wow didn't realise was so big) what this situation here Daz? can all this be removed?

GenieWidget 1.1mb

These are somethings I remove before flashing.

I'm sure Daz could look over it just to check that it won't break anything important.

Anyone interested? Or mod this list?

The strange thing is A2SD never complains that lack of space is the problem. I can try uninstalling those apps you suggest and then installing A2SD later today to see if it does fix the problem.

With regards to face unlock, it would be pretty great to get rid of as the front facing camera not working means it's pretty much useless, right?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I used A2SD last night and it worked with no problems. And Face Unlock is useless as we haven't got a front camera so just remove it, shouldn't break anything.

Guest Dazzozo

Yes, but that doesn't mean it's flashed, I've never actually seen it installed on my device.

It must have some runtime logic to determine if the device is capable of it.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Also;

I've noticed whenever I unplug my device from charging, it crashes and I have to remove the battery then turn it on for it to work normal again. Any idea?

I've underclocked it to 122-480 ondemand if that's got anything to do with it?

Thanks

Guest IronFarm

I used A2SD last night and it worked with no problems. And Face Unlock is useless as we haven't got a front camera so just remove it, shouldn't break anything.

A bunch of people are having trouble with A2SD and we've been trying to pin down the problem. How big is your system partition?

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I haven't messed around with TPTs so I'm on stock and my sd partition in 1024 then 128 (or similar numbers, I can't remember the exact ones in the options aha)

Guest Mtman1
Yes, but that doesn't mean it's flashed, I've never actually seen it installed on my device.

It must have some runtime logic to determine if the device is capable of it.

Hmmm, maybe the system tpt is too small, as the facelock apk is in the optional section of the zip and the apk and additional files 18 mb ish (on top of original gapps)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Earlier I stated that using MX Player would allow you to play videos recorded on CM9 on your device. I just tested it, I took a 4 second long video, went into MX Player and it works still.

So basically, if you use MXPlayer the camcorder playback is fine.

Hope this helps.

Guest IronFarm

I can confirm that the problem with A2SD is having a too small system partition. My stock system partition had around 40 kB of free space before flashing the A2SD scripts. I used Titanium Backup to uninstall CyanogenMod Wallpapers, ROMManager and the video editor (Movie Studio?). Following this I flashed the A2SD scripts and they now function correctly.

Guest davelogiks

I've installed this rom on my T-Mobile Vivacity and it's very nice, except I'm unable to connect to any WiFi. When I enter the network key and click connect, it just says "saved" and doesn't try to connect, no matter what I do.

It would be useful to have WiFi as the Orange SIM I have in it doesn't get great reception here. If this can't be fixed I may be forced to go back to the stock rom, in all it's bloated glory :(

Can anybody suggest a fix?