[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MadEye Moody

I've installed this rom on my T-Mobile Vivacity and it's very nice, except I'm unable to connect to any WiFi. When I enter the network key and click connect, it just says "saved" and doesn't try to connect, no matter what I do.

It would be useful to have WiFi as the Orange SIM I have in it doesn't get great reception here. If this can't be fixed I may be forced to go back to the stock rom, in all it's bloated glory :(

Can anybody suggest a fix?

reboot should fix it

Edited by MadEye Moody

Guest davelogiks

I didn't think I would need to specify that I have tried rebooting, multiple times. Also tried reset to factory defaults. It does see the networks, just won't connect to them. Haven't tried a network without encryption as I don't have any.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hey guys, I changed my build.prop to test S Voice out and I've removed S Voice but now a few apps won't open, what would the original Product Name and Product Model be so I can change it back to normal?

Thanks

Guest davelogiks

reboot should fix it

I reflashed the stock rom but the problem persisted, so I formatted all partitions and reflashed this cyanogenmod rom and it's working fine now.

Guest AmbushReality
Hey guys, I changed my build.prop to test S Voice out and I've removed S Voice but now a few apps won't open, what would the original Product Name and Product Model be so I can change it back to normal?

Thanks

Open up a zip of the rom your using and copy the build.prop

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Thanks a bunch, I managed to guess it last night though by reading through the build.prop and using common sense, everything seems fine.

Thanks again

Guest high_priest

Hey guys, let me start off by saying that this is an amazing ROM! Been using it for a couple of days and I'm really happy with it.

However, I do seem to experience this bug, and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. Basically, what happens is that when I'm charging my SFII from the socket and I try to scroll horizontally between any two items (e.g. home screens, menu screens) and I stop in between two pages, the screen and all the icons start shaking. It's the same with a webpage, if it allows for horizontal scrolling and I do it, the text starts shaking and goes all fuzzy. If I'm not charging it, or the phone is connected to the computer instead and charging via usb, everything is fine.

I've tried changing the socket, rebooting, over and under clocking, changed the governor, but nothing seems to fix it. It does get a bit annoying when trying to read something online, because as soon as I start scrolling (horizontally) the whole thing starts shaking like crazy. I was also wondering if it's safe for the battery/cpu for this to be happening.

Cheers.

Edited by high_priest

Guest high_priest

Well at least I'm unique :D

The phone just doesn't like me holding my finger on-screen for more than a fraction of a second when it's charging. Just tried again now on a webpage, it's ok if I just swipe left or right, but not ok if I swipe and keep my finger on the screen afterwards.

You don't reckon it's some faulty connection or something though right? Since it's fine when I'm not charging it.

Guest BLu3HaZe

That's... interesting. It sounds like two completely unrelated things...

Can't say I've ever seen that one.

No it happens even to me on CM7 Daz, only when charging but never thought it as a bug or issue, cuz as I saw it was a hardware fault which occurred when the phone was overheated (which happens almost always if using the phone while charging) :) Don't think any software tweaks could fix it.

@high priest - [EDIT - Saw you'd already mentioned that] Charging through a PC USB port doesn't have that effect as the current is limited to 500mA over USB and doesn't heat the phone much.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest high_priest

No it happens even to me on CM7 Daz, only when charging but never thought it as a bug or issue, cuz as I saw it was a hardware fault which occurred when the phone was overheated (which happens almost always if using the phone while charging) :) Don't think any software tweaks could fix it.

@high priest - [EDIT - Saw you'd already mentioned that] Charging through a PC USB port doesn't have that effect as the current is limited to 500mA over USB and doesn't heat the phone much.

But if it was a heat issue, wouldn't it be triggered by a certain level of heat (i.e. a certain temperature being reached) ? Because even if I put my phone in the freezer and then plug it in the bug is still there.

Guest BLu3HaZe

But if it was a heat issue, wouldn't it be triggered by a certain level of heat (i.e. a certain temperature being reached) ? Because even if I put my phone in the freezer and then plug it in the bug is still there.

Apparently this occurs on Blade and Skate too.

Well at least for me, it doesn't happen as soon as it's plugged in but after I can feel the touchscreen heating up, which happens only when plugged in to the charger, which is why I assumed it was a heat issue. Not exactly the CPU/battery temp. I'm speaking of here, but if my fingers can feel the heat. If I let it cool and plug it in, doesn't shake around, nor does it occur if I run it under a big fan while charging (reported temperature below 35C)

EDIT - Oh and also as it's CM, if I run the pointer location while this shaking thing is happening on menus, I get a very inconsistent pointer bumping around within a circle of around diameter 1cm. Even if charging is stopped, it behaves that way until the touchscreen (Synaptics 3k) cools down.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

As it's a shared issue between the ZTE msm7x27 devices I'm actually thinking it's something in the kernel, or something that ZTE consistently buggered up on the three devices.

Guest BLu3HaZe

As it's a shared issue between the ZTE msm7x27 devices I'm actually thinking it's something in the kernel, or something that ZTE consistently buggered up on the three devices.

Possible, but then why doesn't it happen when cold? I checked it now while charging from PC USB, even then when it heats up OR after some time period, it goes all shaky. Something like voltage 'jitter'?

If it IS indeed a kernel issue, any sort of possibility you could have a look at it and try fixing it?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest Dazzozo

Possible, but then why doesn't it happen when cold?

I don't see what that logic has to do with anything. It could still be a kernel or device issue either way.

If it IS indeed a kernel issue, any sort of possibility you could have a look at it and try fixing it?

I have no idea how you would go about debugging "I have a wobbly screen when I charge the device". I'm not really a kernel dev either.

Guest BLu3HaZe

I don't see what that logic has to do with anything. It could still be a kernel or device issue either way.

I have no idea how you would go about debugging "I have a wobbly screen when I charge the device". I'm not really a kernel dev either.

No I was only wondering why it doesn't happen when cold, if not a heat issue.

Well it's beyond my comprehension as to why that happens anyway, lets hope it gets sorted along the way. I myself don't mind it much, a 'bug' which is possible to live with.

Guest Dazzozo

Does it happen in the stock ROMs? If not then it's definitely a problem in the kernel or some stupid modification that ZTE made to the Android source, but I seriously doubt the latter.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Found a bug;

Every night whilst I'm texting about 4 of my contacts will be deleted from my contact list- I've noticed that they're the four most recently added contacts. It's just a simple case of adding them back to contacts but it's getting quite annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest IronFarm

Found a bug;

Every night whilst I'm texting about 4 of my contacts will be deleted from my contact list- I've noticed that they're the four most recently added contacts. It's just a simple case of adding them back to contacts but it's getting quite annoying. Any ideas?

Thanks

It sounds more like a bug with the syncing with your Google account. You might want to check at https://www.google.co.uk/contacts that these four contacts are in the "My Contacts" list rather than the "Other Contacts" list. Depending on your settings on your phone the contacts may not appear if they're in the wrong list. Hope this helps!

Guest IronFarm

Anybody struggling with GPS locking speed I'd strongly recommend giving this a go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1442032

I used the CWM flashable version and it has cut my GPS lock times from ~5 minutes to less than 5 seconds.

If a new build is ever required I'd suggest adding the gps.conf file from this patch as it's a huge improvement for very little effort and space.