[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Absolutely. It'll be really difficult to pry the out of Qcom's hands.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

What's wrong with the ones we have already in the proprietary repos?

Guest tilal6991

What's wrong with the ones we have already in the proprietary repos?

There aren't any. The openmax libs are new for ics. The encoding and deciding libs we have don't work which is why hw decoding is broken.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest Carlover

Swaying slightly off from the ROM, is or will thee ever be a fix for using the camera's LED as a torch? I know that the setting for enabling/disabling the flashlight for the Notification Drawer widget buttons is disabled/greyed out, because it does not work. So my question is, will this ever be something that can be fixed to allow for the LED as a torch? (I also know that many apps for the flashlight do not work, because of how ZTE have decided to go about the whole thing).

Guest Dazzozo

Swaying slightly off from the ROM, is or will thee ever be a fix for using the camera's LED as a torch? I know that the setting for enabling/disabling the flashlight for the Notification Drawer widget buttons is disabled/greyed out, because it does not work. So my question is, will this ever be something that can be fixed to allow for the LED as a torch? (I also know that many apps for the flashlight do not work, because of how ZTE have decided to go about the whole thing).

We'll tackle that when we get the camera actually working. Can't say for sure yet.

Edit: In other news, this USB message issue you reported is hilarious.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

There aren't any. The openmax libs are new for ics. The encoding and deciding libs we have don't work which is why hw decoding is broken.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Is libcamera building properly for the Skate? Anything Mutex in QualcommCameraHardware.h is throwing incomplete type.

Guest tilal6991

Is libcamera building properly for the Skate? Anything Mutex in QualcommCameraHardware.h is throwing incomplete type.

Compiling fine for me. Strange...

Guest Carlover

We'll tackle that when we get the camera actually working. Can't say for sure yet.

Edit: In other news, this USB message issue you reported is hilarious.

Haha i know, it somehow manages to bug me even though its a ridiculously small issue XD

Edited by Carlover

Guest BenTheHuman

Me again. Anyway downloaded etc etc. i found that sometimes when i scroll down the scroll bar thingy, it will often appear blank so i have to do it several times before information is shown

Guest rymate1234

Can I just ask - is it a known issue that the microphone no longer works under this rom?

I only ask because I just tried voice search on it and it didn't seem to receive any input.

Guest rymate1234

If the microphone wasn't working we wouldn't be able to make calls! ;)

Well, its obviously the rom because I just tried a different one (http://android.modac...ishnchips-rls6/) and that one works fine with the microphone.

I'm using a San Francisco II btw

EDIT - however other than the lack of camera and my microphone not working, this is a great rom! (I hardly ever do calls anyway xD)

Edited by rymate1234

Guest domenico lamberti

the mic works fine, its they way the mic interacts with the app which isnt working, it is indeed a ROM issue and one that has been noted,but the same is or atleast was happening on the skate and blade as well, it will be sorted it'll just take time :)

Guest Dazzozo

Compiling fine for me. Strange...

libcamera builds now. It was me being silly and absent-mindedly copying libcamera across a Windows machine without realising there was a Overlay.h and an overlay.h. Case insensitive file systems!

...and we're now back to this lovely stack trace again. http://pastebin.com/NAms8btx

Guest Dazzozo

Don't understand why its not working. What camera model is in the phone?

Rear, which is all that I have enabled in the kernel at the moment, is OV5640.

Front which is disabled is OVM7690.

Also I poked around in shell and /dev/msm_camera/control0 exists, even though it claims no such file or directory.

Guest tilal6991

Rear, which is all that I have enabled in the kernel at the moment, is OV5640.

Front which is disabled is OVM7690.

Also I poked around in shell and /dev/msm_camera/control0 exists, even though it claims no such file or directory.

Have you checked permissions that they are the same as the ones I have in ueventd for the skate?

Guest Dazzozo

Have you checked permissions that they are the same as the ones I have in ueventd for the skate?

Skate: /dev/msm_camera/* 0777 graphics graphics

Crescent: /dev/msm_camera/* 0660 system system

I chgrp'd, chown'd and chmod'd to set msm_camera/* to the Skate's settings, and now I get...

E/QualcommCameraHardware( 1133): startCamera: fb0 open failed: Permission denied!

Edit: Think I should just try a build after pushing liboemcamera to proprietary and setting this in ueventd?

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Chmod and chown /dev/graphics/fb0 sand camera should be live!!

YES! But it's being incredibly trippy. The camera preview shows up in the shutter button area and not in the actual preview window, and it seems to have some weird filter over it with lines, but it is definitely functional.

Guest tilal6991

YES! But it's being incredibly trippy. The camera preview shows up in the shutter button area and not in the actual preview window, and it seems to have some weird filter over it with lines, but it is definitely functional.

Yep preview is broken. Give me a couple of seconds and ill post the link to fix it.