CWM 5.x.x.x with ext4 support question?

Guest trueno2k

Guest targetbsp

Twitter suggests a broken backup issue is fixed in 6.0.0.5. The builder made me a 6.0.0.1 last night! How do you make it make you a newer one? :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest matcho13579
Twitter suggests a broken backup issue is fixed in 6.0.0.5. The builder made me a 6.0.0.1 last night! How do you make it make you a newer one? :D

I guess we'll just have to wait until the right guy adds the changes into builder :D

Guest KonstaT

ClockWorkMod comes as a side product when you build CM10. It's currently at 6.0.0.7. Just tested the latest but it freezes on backing up system...

So... has anyone actually tried actually restoring a backup from v6? Cause it doesn't work...

I took 2 backups, to test the speed boost it provides to the second. I've tried restoring both multiple times and the phone just hangs on the green droid. My backup made in v5 restores fine.

Weird as I just took a backup from CWM 6 and restored as it restored fine :blink:

Edit: Scratch that as I restored the backup made in CWM 5.5.0.4 :rolleyes:

Restoring CWM 6 backup ATM...

Edited by ZTR

Guest targetbsp

Well, as I said in a later post - there are known issues. And a backup you can't 100% trust is not useful! I'd stick to 5 for now if I was you. My last working backup was 10 days old. :(

Edited by targetbsp

Guest å¹»

Weird as I just took a backup from CWM 6 and restored as it restored fine :blink:

I think they said buckuped from CWM recovery 5.xxxx and restored by6.xxxx is failured.

My English is poor.

Guest targetbsp

backup from 5 and restore into 6 works fine. It's backups made in 6 that are broken. Perhaps it only occurs if you make multiple backups and the new shared file space/time saving feature between the backups is iffy?

nvm I just replaced the .img file in the CWM 6 zip and flashed...

Works fine but I dont like the background as it seems too bright compared to the black background of CWM 5 or even the dark gray-ish background of CWM 6.0.0.0..

Guest targetbsp

Here's a compiled CWM 6.0.0.7 by udK http://www.mediafire...9ge9vbgebrgeo69

Thanks! Testing now

Works fine but I dont like the background as it seems too bright compared to the black background of CWM 5 or even the dark gray-ish background of CWM 6.0.0.0..

It's the same background as in 6.0.0.1 so I guess its the one they're keeping for the 6 series?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

Still makes bad backups for me. :(

[edit]

Seems to work OK now. I may have had leftovers from my failed 6.0.0.1 backup kicking around or I may have been unlucky and co-incidentally had it hang on the green droid. My phone will randomly hang there and as I have no boot anim I can't tell the difference if its hung there or hung during the rom boot!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

That's strange, it's working fine for me :blink:

I've had it work now. So I can have it working. And I can have it not working. I'm trying to work out what causes the difference. :D

[edit]

Seems to work OK now. I may have had leftovers from my failed 6.0.0.1 backup kicking around or I may have been unlucky and co-incidentally had it hang on the green droid. My phone will randomly hang there and as I have no boot anim I can't tell the difference if its hung there or hung during the rom boot!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

I'm puzzled. It's working now. Perhaps I was just unlucky with it hanging on the droid if no-one else has any issues?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Snap.IT

Using RA recovery, i can do a backup in less than 2 minutes and i have a LOT of apps, it supports ext4.

I can also choose what to backup in each backup.

I get that newer is better but seriously, when it comes to something as critical as backup, you really should leave it damn well alone until it actually fails you.

All IMO, of course.

Guest targetbsp

As someone that provides tech support for drives, I absolutely agree with you. Don't take risks with backups! :D

On the other hand, I like having the latest version of everything, like experimenting and have titanium backup and a backup to my computer to fall back on.

Do as I say - not as I do ;)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Snap.IT

As someone that provides tech support for drives, I absolutely agree with you. Don't take risks with backups! :D

On the other hand, I like having the latest version of everything, like experimenting and have titanium backup and a backup to my computer to fall back on.

Do as I say - not as I do ;)

I'll do pretty much everything with everything but that one thing is crucial, always have a backup.

I can't tell you how many disclaimers i've written and how many people who have still complained because they failed to check their backup before doing something stupid.

I agree with you though, i'll try the latest but i'm also not a great keeper of old stuff so if i use a backup tool i will remove old backups before trying to restore (since i use the great work of the various devs on this forum, why would i need to restore?) and this is why the backup tool itself ALWAYS has to be flawless.

BTW, running the V6 supercharger doesn't do much more than wreak havoc on your memory management in ICS and assure you'll have minfree left even when you want it.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone. (used with recommended settings)

Guest targetbsp

You know, this diff based backup is really neat for those of us who try out multiple roms. Atm I have backups of CM7 and CM9 and they are 1.6gb each.

In CWM6 there's a common folder shared between the backups of 1.3gb and each backup is 0.3gb each

I'm saving 1.3gb of sd card space per backup beyond the first one!

• 2 months later...

so cmw 6.0.0.7 work well with backup, restore and other stuff?

i don't trust in touch recovery, so i want to use the last stable without touch

i read cmw 6 series are more fast e make smaller backup

some can link me a flashble zip?

sorry i don't remember well, install flashable zip from cmw like a rom, right?