Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest C3C0

I lowered the number of buffers and now I am having preview :)

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): startPreview E

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): in startPreviewInternal : E

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): initPreview E: preview size=640x480 videosize = 640 x 480

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): constructing MemPool preview backed by pmem pool /dev/pmem_adsp: 3 frames @ 460800 bytes, buffer size 460800

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): PmemPool: duplicating control fd 26 --> 36

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): pmem pool /dev/pmem_adsp ioctl(fd = 38, PMEM_GET_SIZE) is 1388544

D/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): mBufferSize=460800, mAlignedBufferSize=462848

D/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): num_buffers = 2

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): register_buf: camfd = 36, reg = 0 buffer = 0x42494000 can_write = 1

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): register_buf: camfd = 36, reg = 0 buffer = 0x42505000 can_write = 0

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): native_set_parm: fd 26, type 1, length 32

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): initpreview before cam_frame thread create , video frame  buffer=0x42494000 fd=38 y_off=0 cbcr_off=307200

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): Preview thread created

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): initPreview X: 1

D/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): frame_thread E

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): runFrameThread E

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): FRAME: loading libqcamera at 0xb000ed08

V/QualcommCameraHardware(  116): C3C0: native_start_preview success

Guest C3C0

Veeeery nice hint. Thanks. 5MPX working for me, too. But only with 2 number of buffers. Increasing pmem size should help

Guest asm19

that logcat doesn't look like my cm9 build or coldfusionx as its 640x480 preview? can't really see anything in there that says why its failling, just lots of this:

E/memalloc(  355): /dev/pmem_adsp: Failed to map memory in the client: Invalid argument
Yes, this log is the latest build of tilal. I'm compiling a version with the changes burstlam and 5mpx uncommented code.

static const camera_size_type picture_sizes[] = {

//	  { 2592, 1944 }, // 5MP

{ 2560, 1920 }, // 5MP (slightly reduced)

[/code]

Guest targetbsp

Interestingly, whatever was making the UI graphics faster in CFX no longer appears to be there in the latest version. It's now behaving the same as CM9.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest kmotala

I try Sej build, wok good, but i have problem when i try make photo with 5MP , camera don't make photo. When I change to 3MP camera work .

Guest shmizan

Interestingly, whatever was making the UI graphics faster in CFX no longer appears to be there in the latest version. It's now behaving the same as CM9.

didn't see a difference between my builds and CFX from April 14th anyway.. they were both fast for me

C3C0/sej, with what you found about the camera, the battery no longer drains?

also to get the black screen fixed we HAVE to provide logs for TomG. he can't produce the issue on his blade. see: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_zte_blade/commit/a35a33702262e400f4904d9375cf70dd19c0086a

Edited by shmizan

Guest targetbsp

didn't see a difference between my builds and CFX from April 14th anyway.. they were both fast for me

It's something we were discussing back around page 7 of this thread. A slight lag in the transition effects leads to weird graphical anomalies in certain apps.

Guest sej7278

It's something we were discussing back around page 7 of this thread. A slight lag in the transition effects leads to weird graphical anomalies in certain apps.

yeah, CFX definitely had faster menu transitions etc. than CM9, they're a little laggy on CM9 when loading apps from the drawer - especially clock.

as far as camera goes, 3mp phones work 100% - no battery drain, preview works and photo's can be taken. 5mp is a different story though.....

hey i love "flip to snooze", much better than trying to click the snooze/dismiss button when the alarm goes off (which annoyingly moves when you rotate the phone!)

Guest sej7278

What was the fix the black screen in coldfusion?

it wasn't fixed as far as i know, it was fixed in aokp by burstlam removing some 3.0 kernel backports he did, which aren't in cm9/cfx so don't have the same fix.

Guest asm19

it wasn't fixed as far as i know, it was fixed in aokp by burstlam removing some 3.0 kernel backports he did, which aren't in cm9/cfx so don't have the same fix.

But with the tilal kernel seems to me to work on calls, it turns the screen after sleep...

Guest asm19

I fixed black screen by switching back to my own kernel. Also camera is gettings there but also has serious issues like battery drain.

tilal, where fixed black screen? I've been watching your github and did not seem to see anything about it...

Guest asm19

By reverting to my own kerebl.

lol, my camera to work 5mpx but I have black screen when they call me. With your kernel the camera does not work 5mpx...

Guest ..Abel..

Weird. A few people have said it doesn't in the CFX thread and it doesn't for me either. It does in CM9 as long as I'm using TomG's kernel.

Oh is your bluetooth off? It will work if you've used bluetooth.

yup !

Guest sej7278

By reverting to my own kerebl.

so what's the difference to tom_g's kernel then - is yours based off the old skate/turies source (which i think burstlam uses too) not the new blade one which seems to cause problems even in cm7?

Guest shmizan

I'll try making a logcat of the black screen on call to send to Tom.

sej how do I make a patch I can locally "git apply" (like the mini patch you made) from the camera preview commit here?

edit: just viewed the edited first post.

Edited by shmizan

Guest sej7278

I'll try making a logcat of the black screen on call to send to Tom.

sej how do I make a patch I can locally "git apply" (like the mini patch you made) from the camera preview commit here?

edit: just viewed the edited first post.

unzip this.

camera.patch.zip

Guest sej7278

the patch you're linking to is for coldfusionx, the patch i made is for cm9 (basically took the output of curl and diff'd it against HEAD).

Guest shmizan

didn't even look at what project I'm on! thanks for the info.

the camera works fine now in CM9. black screen is the main problem and is making it unusable for me.

many users getting it in CFX too. I posted log for Tom to see. but for some reason my comments don't show. I hope they get emailed to Tom (he answered my previous comment although mine's not shown, only his response).

you might want to post it yourself sej? as mine might not get to him. http://pastebin.com/4m8S0WJH

Guest asm19

so what's the difference to tom_g's kernel then - is yours based off the old skate/turies source (which i think burstlam uses too) not the new blade one which seems to cause problems even in cm7?

sej7278, you came to have a response tilal on this subject?

Guest sej7278

didn't even look at what project I'm on! thanks for the info.

the camera works fine now in CM9. black screen is the main problem and is making it unusable for me.

many users getting it in CFX too. I posted log for Tom to see. but for some reason my comments don't show. I hope they get emailed to Tom (he answered my previous comment although mine's not shown, only his response).

you might want to post it yourself sej? as mine might not get to him. http://pastebin.com/4m8S0WJH

i posted it to github but tom_g wants more details about your phone and a longer dmesg/logcat.