Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest asm19

just a bit of moving directories, shouldn't be too hard.

note the bootanimation is shrunk using the mini confg, so in android_device_zte_common/BoardConfigCommon.mk you probably want to add the line (not tested yet, doing a rebuild now):

TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800

anyone know how we set CM_NIGHTLY - is it just an environment variable?

Nice, thanks for the tip.

I'm new at this building "roms" but I like it! :)

Guest asm19

I have an error early on in the compilation of the rom:

build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.audio_policy.blade already defined by device/zte/blade/libaudio. Stop.

Does anyone know how to fix?

Guest sej7278

I have an error early on in the compilation of the rom:

build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.audio_policy.blade already defined by device/zte/blade/libaudio. Stop.

Does anyone know how to fix?

update android_device_zte_common using "git pull" that was fixed a couple of days ago.

also my bootanimation fix got merged by tilal (github) so an update will pull that down too.hmm, although it doesn't seem to have worked with my test build......

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

update android_device_zte_common using "git pull" that was fixed a couple of days ago.

also my bootanimation fix got merged by tilal (github) so an update will pull that down too.hmm, although it doesn't seem to have worked with my test build......

:~/coldfusionx/android_device_zte_common$ git pull

Updating a160769..f1451fa

error: Your local changes to 'BoardConfigCommon.mk' would be overwritten by merge.  Aborting.

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Is it normal? Edit: Still the same error even after git pull in: android_device_zte_common
Checking build tools versions...

build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.audio_policy.blade already defined by device/zte/blade/libaudio.  Pare.

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

:~/coldfusionx/android_device_zte_common$ git pull

Updating a160769..f1451fa

error: Your local changes to 'BoardConfigCommon.mk' would be overwritten by merge.  Aborting.

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Is it normal? Edit: Still the same error even after git pull in: android_device_zte_common
Checking build tools versions...

build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.audio_policy.blade already defined by device/zte/blade/libaudio.  Pare.

yes you have to delete your local changes before git pulling using e.g. "git reset --hard HEAD" in each directory.

Guest asm19

no its not the same - you've got libaudio in common but not blade - which is correct.

i don't want to sound elitist, but if you're going to be building roms you need some understanding of git and attention to detail.

i really don't mean that to sound like an ass lol :D

sej7278, I did not say it was because I realized the differences. What I meant was that I continue with the same compile error after deleting the folders blade and common and have done clone repo again...

build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.audio_policy.blade already defined by device/zte/blade/libaudio.  Stop.

Guest sej7278

sej7278, I did not say it was because I realized the differences. What I meant was that I continue with the same compile error after deleting the folders blade and common and have done clone repo again...

yes but you've not run the rsync commands again to copy the changes from the github directories into the cm9 directory.

what you have there is an updated android_device_zte_common/ but still the old files in cm9/device/zte/common/

its not like cm7 where everything is in one git structure. we have to merge together tilal's git into the cm9 git.

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

yes but you've not run the rsync commands again to copy the changes from the github directories into the cm9 directory.

what you have there is an updated android_device_zte_common/ but still the old files in cm9/device/zte/common/

its not like cm7 where everything is in one git structure. we have to merge together tilal's git into the cm9 git.

Already the build. sej7278, thanks for your help and patience. Let's see if just to compile without errors :) Now this is to study more"background".

How long it takes +/-, 45min?

Guest sej7278

Already the build. sej7278, thanks for your help and patience. Let's see if just to compile without errors :) Now this is to study more"background".

How long it takes +/-, 45min?

so the instructions aren't that clear yet i guess, but at least we got you there!

i've had varying compile times between 45-57mins.

Guest asm19

so the instructions aren't that clear yet i guess, but at least we got you there!

i've had varying compile times between 45-57mins.

Is still compile but should be finished. I had a problem at the beginning webrtc related, but I resolved soon.

Thanks again!

PS: "p.s. TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800 seems to work in android_device_zte_common/device_zte.mk not BoardConfigCommon.mk"

It worked?

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

Is still compile but should be finished. I had a problem at the beginning webrtc related, but I decided soon.

Thanks again!

PS: "p.s. TARGET_BOOTANIMATION_NAME := vertical-480x800 seems to work in android_device_zte_common/device_zte.mk not BoardConfigCommon.mk"

It worked?

webrtc problems are fixed with the arm6 patch step.

yes boot animation in device_zte.mk works fine, so we need to get tilal to update that in his github. for now you can manually move the line out of BoardConfigCommon.mk and into device_zte.mk

Guest asm19

webrtc problems are fixed with the arm6 patch step.

yes boot animation in device_zte.mk works fine, so we need to get tilal to update that in his github. for now you can manually move the line out of BoardConfigCommon.mk and into device_zte.mk

Yes, I now compiled without changes to see if a concession to build is successful. Then immediately add the line :)

It appears that the bluetooth is already fixed, right?

Guest sej7278

Yes, I now compiled without changes to see if a concession to build is successful. Then immediately add the line :)

It appears that the bluetooth is already fixed, right?

well yes but you'd either have to compile a new kernel with that patch added, or wait for tilal to put a new blob in android_device_zte_blade

Guest sej7278

sej7278, what better way to compile the kernel in order to make a "patch"?

in theory just follow the steps for compiling the kernel (#8) and that should be it, as tilal is not bothering with kernel modules at the moment (e.g. zram.ko, cifs.ko etc.) then complete the rest of the rom compile steps.

if you want to make a flashable zip then my cm7 instructions should still be valid (do a backup first!)

edit: flashable zip of a kernel i compiled with the bluetooth tethering fixed: download

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

sej7278, did step #8, and has compiled the rom. Now I want to do a patch type your btkernel-signed.zip for this have to do so: blog starting from step 4 to 7, right?

In this step 7, is different for cm9 or not?

Thanks

Edit: Each time we build a rom we have to erase the files in the folder:

~/coldfusionx/cm9/out/target/product/blade ?

Is that for what seemed like if you compile with the old files as he takes these files and does not build new, i am wrong?

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

sej7278, did step #8, and has compiled the rom. Now I want to do a patch type your btkernel-signed.zip for this have to do so: blog starting from step 4 to 7, right?

In this step 7, is different for cm9 or not?

Thanks

Edit: Each time we build a rom we have to erase the files in the folder:

~/coldfusionx/cm9/out/target/product/blade ?

Is that for what seemed like if you compile with the old files as he takes these files and does not build new, i am wrong?

just unzip my patch - extract META-INF, delete the CERT and MANIFEST files, replace my boot.img with your boot.img, then zip them up and sign them:

unzip btkernel-signed.zip

rm META-INF/{CERT*,MANIFEST.MF}

rm boot.img

cp /path/to/your/boot.img .

zip kernel.zip META-INF boot.img 

java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 kernel.zip kernel-signed.zip

the test keys are in ~/coldfusionx/cm9/build/target/product/security/ and signapk.jar will be in ~/coldfusionx/cm9/out/host/linux-x86/framework/ after you've compiled the rom. i usually keep a copy of signapk.jar somewhere so i don't have to recompile a rom just to get it.

the instructions on my blog are for if you're only compiling a kernel and not a whole rom and want to patch that into an old boot.img, its a bit over-the-top for this exercise.

and yes i recommend deleting out/ for every new compile as every time i don't do it, i get problems. you can do a "make installclean" but it doesn't do the job really - for instance it won't replace the kernel file in out/, it won't re-read environment variables etc; it just seems to delete the *.img files.

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

just unzip my patch - extract META-INF, delete the CERT and MANIFEST files, replace my boot.img with your boot.img, then zip them up and sign them:

unzip btkernel-signed.zip

rm META-INF/{CERT*,MANIFEST.MF}

rm boot.img

cp /path/to/your/boot.img .

zip kernel.zip META-INF boot.img 

java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 kernel.zip kernel-signed.zip

the test keys are in ~/coldfusionx/cm9/build/target/product/security/ and signapk.jar will be in ~/coldfusionx/cm9/out/host/linux-x86/framework/ after you've compiled the rom. i usually keep a copy of signapk.jar somewhere so i don't have to recompile a rom just to get it.

the instructions on my blog are for if you're only compiling a kernel and not a whole rom and want to patch that into an old boot.img, its a bit over-the-top for this exercise.

and yes i recommend deleting out/ for every new compile as every time i don't do it, i get problems. you can do a "make installclean" but it doesn't do the job really - for instance it won't replace the kernel file in out/, it won't re-read environment variables etc; it just seems to delete the *.img files.

I compiled the kernel, but I have to get it to compile all the rom? I compiled all the rom but keep with with information tilal in about phone -> kernel version that means I'm not using my kernel, right? I think ill have compiled the kernel, it took little time and so it still appears machine information of the tilal. Compiling again and took much longer. Now he must have been well tested yet.

zImage is not the end or is it my kernel? How can I get the boot.img without compiling the rom? Or even have to compile the rom may have to the whole?

Edit: That is, I compile the kernel but then i add in the compilation of the rom. What doing wrong?

Edited by asm19

Guest asm19

I compiled the kernel, but I have to get it to compile all the rom? I compiled all the rom but keep with with information tilal in about phone -> kernel version that means I'm not using my kernel, right? I think ill have compiled the kernel, it took little time and so it still appears machine information of the tilal. Compiling again and took much longer. Now he must have been well tested yet.

zImage is not the end or is it my kernel? How can I get the boot.img without compiling the rom? Or even have to compile the rom may have to the whole?

Edit: That is, I compile the kernel but then i add in the compilation of the rom. What doing wrong?

sej7278

this is why your explicaste here:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1933065

ie, updated the directory android_device_zte_common / but now I have to copy the files to cm9/device/zte/common/ ?

I have not copied the files to the directory cm9, I think that's what I'm doing wrong...

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

how much space do you need during the compilation? i have a shared root box and i'd like to avoid resizing the volumes.

not sure about temp space (e.g. ~/.ccache) or the out/ directory as i've not got a build going right now. but the cm9 and coldfusionx source comes to 15gb.

Guest asm19

sej7278, I have a doubt. I compiled the kernel, which is named zImage. I copied to cp ~ /coldfusionx/cm9/device/zte/blade/kernel. When compiling the rom he should not have come out with the kernel I compiled? It appears to me that continues to the kernel compile tilal...