Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest targetbsp

Is there any patch we can use to enable the CM7 "Enable APP2SD for every app" on CM9 ?

I think you can do it from an ADB command but I ended up getting Titanium to move them for me instead.

Guest Loren82

Today I finally got compile CM9, reinstall ubuntu without updating anything and just install the basics helped me a lot, when ends are 2 roms, such as when compiling CM7, the zip which makes OTA, what use is that zip?.

Oh, and CM 7.2.0 came out today, you think that is the end to CM7, at least officially?

Guest shmizan

CM7 should make a final release already. no where to go there. we need the minds focusing on ICS!

haven't made a new build in a while. I'm running a June 1st build. waiting for the Linaro optimizations, but it looks like they will not be coming any time soon: http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/17445/

also I've seen an ARMv7 specific change so it seems to me the optimizations will be much more visible on ARMv7 device?

Edited by shmizan

Guest targetbsp

It's like the end of an era! I might have to move to CM9 soon. I just wish someone would make the notification LED's work. Not just during sleep, although I'd like that long term, but if they worked at all then I could work around that. :D

Guest huibuhh

Oh, and CM 7.2.0 came out today, you think that is the end to CM7, at least officially?

CM7 should make a final release already. no where to go there. we need the minds focusing on ICS

We believe that a device in which IceCream Sandwich degrades functionality shouldn’t get CM9 at all, and since not all hardware is (for various reasons) capable of supporting ICS, there is no set date (nor tentative, nor a plan) to terminate work on CyanogenMod 7.x

Guest sej7278

they said pretty much the same thing on gerrit a while back, essentially if we don't get openmax with working video playback, panorama etc; we won't go official with cm9, but then who cares really, we have a working cm9 anyway

Guest jventura

they said pretty much the same thing on gerrit a while back, essentially if we don't get openmax with working video playback, panorama etc; we won't go official with cm9, but then who cares really, we have a working cm9 anyway

I think that the people who can't compile their own cm9 and use the nightlies are the ones who would care. But there are cm9 releases by tilal and now by Konsta, so everyone should be happy now.. :)

Guest Loren82

I do not see a Tom G and Co., leaving CM9 for the Blade be after breaking his head for so many months, I at least would not do, the amount of weekly progress is amazing, and when it appears that ICS can not go more fluid, the next version, overcomes the above.

Guest Loren82

Some I could answer it, when you've compiled the first time Cm9 to recompile another update, just sync the repository?, Or you have to create everything again?. Yesterday compile a rom with date of day 15 and now synchronize the repository, I returned to download the proprietary libraries, upgrade rom manager and use the same code to compile the rom the first time, but at the end I created a rom with the date of the day 15, not 16.

Guest targetbsp

Yep. Just repo sync and do steps 4 and 5.

Not sure about the date, there's an issue in CM7 where you have to delete a certain file for it to regenerate it with the correct date but I've never had that in CM9. You'll most certainly fix it by deleting /out but then it'll have to spend ages recompiling everything.

Have you checked the date in your Linux install? Mine is in a wildly different time zone. :D It could feasibly have still been the 15th when you compiled if yours was the same...

Edited by targetbsp

Guest nio25

i think its best to "make clean" first and then recompile.

Did anyone try to compile burstalm's kernel with linaro?

https://github.com/b...-kernel-msm7x27

im getting these errors:

error: DIV usage mismatch between arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o and output

error: DIV usage mismatch between arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.o and output

(i use this to compile: CCOMPILER=~/cm9/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/default_linaro-4.7.1/bin/arm-eabi-)

Edited by nio25

Guest KonstaT

i think its best to "make clean" first and then recompile.

Did anyone try to compile burstalm's kernel with linaro?

https://github.com/b...-kernel-msm7x27

im getting these errors:

error: DIV usage mismatch between arch/arm/boot/compressed/misc.o and output

error: DIV usage mismatch between arch/arm/boot/compressed/lib1funcs.o and output

(i use this to compile: CCOMPILER=~/cm9/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/default_linaro-4.7.1/bin/arm-eabi-)

I think it's best to 'make clobber' and then recompile.

Those are exactly the same errors I ended up with compiling the regular CM9 kernel with linaro. I sent you a PM. ;)

Guest Loren82

Yep. Just repo sync and do steps 4 and 5.

Not sure about the date, there's an issue in CM7 where you have to delete a certain file for it to regenerate it with the correct date but I've never had that in CM9. You'll most certainly fix it by deleting /out but then it'll have to spend ages recompiling everything.

Have you checked the date in your Linux install? Mine is in a wildly different time zone. It could feasibly have still been the 15th when you compiled if yours was the same...

Yes, probably by the time zone at the end delete the folders bin and CM9 and started again, but next I think will be better to wait or try to delete the folder out, thanks

Guest Loren82

Oh, and sorry to be heavy, but one last question, when you compile the rom, leaving just 2 zip, one with the date of the day and the other says "ota", what use is that zip?.

Guest targetbsp

OTA stands for over the air so I guess its some kind of update file that we don't use. It's like when firmwares have the ability to download and install updates to themselves without using things like rom manager.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest KonstaT

Oh, and sorry to be heavy, but one last question, when you compile the rom, leaving just 2 zip, one with the date of the day and the other says "ota", what use is that zip?.

Ota zip is the original package that comes out from a regular android build (using otapackage target when building from AOSP). This zip is passed forward to CM9 release tools where it is unpacked, some content is removed, apps are zipaligned (and possibly pngcrushed) and zipped back into cm-9-xxxxxxxx.zip. You can see the output from all of this at the very end of the build process.

Guest jventura

It seems that some guys are successfully using Linaro with an armv6 device (P500): http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/17446/

Patch Set 2: Looks good to me, but someone else must approve

It boots on armv6.

Apply this patch on Makefile:

https://github.com/lgics/lge-kernel-msm7x27/commit/8e3bd9328a2a0127cc2a995eb4ac1f8b77841146

and a ROM already built with it:

Patch Set 2:

And this is the first armv6 rom running on full linaro build (kernel+android), and performance increased about ~10-15.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1614420

Some users are saying that it is a little bit faster and smoother..

Lets see if we get that on CM9 on our Blades.. :)

Edited by jventura

Guest matcho13579

I've got linaro compiled CM9 for the Skate.

is there a noticeable difference between "classic" and linaro? I mean in performance

Edited by matcho13579