Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest sej7278

sej7278, I have a doubt. I compiled the kernel, which is named zImage. I copied to cp ~ /coldfusionx/cm9/device/zte/blade/kernel. When compiling the rom he should not have come out with the kernel I compiled? It appears to me that continues to the kernel compile tilal...

i had that when i didn't delete my old out/ directory. try deleting out/, copy zImage to kernel and rebuild the rom.

Guest asm19

I formatted the pc and now I'm doing the repo sync Cyanogen, but since yesterday I can not. It gives me this error:

... A new repo command ( 1.15) is available.

... You should upgrade soon:

cp /home/asm/coldfusionx/cm9/.repo/repo/repo /home/asm/bin/repo

fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/coldfusionx/cm9/.repo/projects/abi/cpp.git'

Fetching projects:  98% (245/250)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/coldfusionx/cm9/.repo/projects/abi/cpp.git'

error: Cannot fetch platform/abi/cpp

I've tried repo sync -f but still does not give anyone know an alternative?

Guest shmizan

you should probably wait for some more intelligent response but here goes:

try https instead of git before the repo sync (some days ago I had to do this since git stopped working for me after a few syncs)

repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

Edited by shmizan

Guest asm19

you should probably wait for some more intelligent response but here goes:

try https instead of git before the repo sync (some days ago I had to do this since git stopped working for me after a few syncs)

repo init -u https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

It did not work, remains the same. sad.gif

Guest sej7278

It did not work, remains the same. sad.gif

did you do as the message said and upgrade your copy of repo?

Guest asm19

did you do as the message said and upgrade your copy of repo?

It seems to me that copy no problems, does not report any messages. Edit: Still the same error:
fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/coldfusionx/cm9/.repo/projects/abi/cpp.git'

Done. Problem solved

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

It seems to me that copy no problems, does not report any messages.

Edit: Still the same error:

Done. Problem solved

how did you fix it - delete and resync or was it just a case of downloading the new repo script?

Guest asm19

how did you fix it - delete and resync or was it just a case of downloading the new repo script?

Yes:

Delected

~/bin and ~/coldfusionx
Create again:

mkdir -p ~/coldfusionx/cm9/device/zte/{blade,common}

mkdir -p ~/coldfusionx/cm9/vendor/zte/blade

mkdir ~/bin
Create again:

cd ~/coldfusionx/cm9/

curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo

chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
REBOOT Download CM9:

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics

repo sync

cd ..
Now I have a problem compiling:

make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/app/RomManager.apk'.  Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I am back to do ./get-prebuilts compiling to see if the error is resolved, if not what do you advise?

Edited by asm19

Guest shmizan

I had that too just a few hours ago. when doing the prebuilds command, it creates the proprietary folder inside

~/coldfusionx/cm9
INSTEAD of inside
 ~/coldfusionx/cm9/vendor/cm

copy it across and.. well I hope it manages because honestly I'm still compiling for a few hours now!

Edited by shmizan

Guest sej7278

I had that too just a few hours ago. when doing the prebuilds command, it creates the proprietary folder inside

~/coldfusionx/cm9
INSTEAD of inside
 ~/coldfusionx/cm9/vendor/cm

copy it across and.. well I hope it manages because honestly I'm still compiling for a few hours now!

ah yes that only recently got updated to allow it to run outside the cwd, so if you've not repo sync'ed first it wouldn't work.

the alternative of course is just to cd into the ~/coldfusionx/cm9/vendor/cm/ directory and run ./get-prebuilts from there.

Guest shmizan

didn't know that. looking in the prebuilts file I saw basedir and thought it means the cm9 folder.

I don't know what's taking so long.. it's nearly 2 hours now and still compiling. sej, is it really necessary to completely delete the "out" folder before every new build? it will take ages.. CM7 was finished in 30-40 minutes tops

Guest sej7278

Now I saw this update on the color banding:

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/14765/

Is it better to revert this update:

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/14498/ ?

nope, the first one (not colour banding actually) is going to need to be rebased as our colour banding fix got merged (and is already in 15/04).

as the webrtc arm6 patch got merged too we've got no gerrit or github patches to apply now (only our own coldfusionx/tilal github repo's).

Guest sej7278

didn't know that. looking in the prebuilts file I saw basedir and thought it means the cm9 folder.

I don't know what's taking so long.. it's nearly 2 hours now and still compiling. sej, is it really necessary to completely delete the "out" folder before every new build? it will take ages.. CM7 was finished in 30-40 minutes tops

well it shouldn't be neccessary, you could do a "make installclean" instead, but if you're pulling in a new kernel it won't work, and it doesn't seem to set environment variables such as the build date properly either.

cm7 took me 30-40mins too, so your cm9 shouldn't take more than an hour assuming we have similar hardware. most of the build is cpu-bound. laptops and atoms take hours due to crap disk/cpu.

are you using ccache? do an "export USE_CCACHE=1" before the build and it will cache some of the C files in ~/.ccache

Guest sej7278

Tom G has pushed Blade's ICS device tree into CyanogenMod github.

https://github.com/C..._blade/tree/ics

I think this should be used to compile CM9 from now on. If/when CM9 for Blade goes official, it will be this one...

yup and proprietary, coldfusionx won't be needed much longer it seems (except crescent/skate i guess)

looks like we're going official (hint) just got to get the githubs added to repo i guess.

when its possible to build i'll update the instructions for cm9

Edited by sej7278

Guest KonstaT

when its possible to build i'll update the instructions for cm9

Already compiled one. It only needs

TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL := device/zte/blade/kernel
[/code]

to be added into boardconfig. Something like this is already under way.

I have no idea what the knows bugs list might be, but camera preview seems to be working (flickering as hell though). On the down side adb doesn't work in my build.

Edit. I actually take back that working camera preview. It worked on the first time, but now it's just a mess.

Edit2. lol and adb works when you remember to put usb debugging on. :D

looks like we're going official (hint) just got to get the githubs added to repo i guess.

Yep, that's where I first spotted it and noticed that there was something going on. ;)

Guest sej7278

with all this work they BETTER make us official :) but what about all the changes tilal is making/made?

tom_g has already been looking at some of the coldfusionx work (and abandoned most of it lol) as someone was submitting our github patches to gerrit, plus i think a lot of the original work was with help from tom_g.

Guest k.d.11

Hey guys any more feedback on the latest cm9 build? Has tomG finally enabled hw accel in this build?any chance someone can upload the build somewhere if its better than his previous alpha 7 ?

Guest sej7278

Hey guys any more feedback on the latest cm9 build? Has tomG finally enabled hw accel in this build?any chance someone can upload the build somewhere if its better than his previous alpha 7 ?

its a lot easier to build now, we're semi-official, essentially its just:

git clone https://github.com/koush/proprietary_vendor_zte.git -b ics
copy the blade directory to vendor/zte apply this and this patch
export CM_NIGHTLY=1

. build/envsetup.sh

lunch cm_blade-userdebug

make bacon -j8

at the moment i doubt its going to be any/much different to coldfusionx, the kernel has had some work but it still has battery issues apparently. camera doesn't work and won't ever possibly, so yes hardware acceleration must be enabled, although the adreno libs aren't the same as the coldfusionx or xda-dev ones or the old non-accelerated ones, so god knows where he got them from!

holy moly tom_g's is 15mb larger than coldfusionx, that can't all be from using full instead of mini.........

Edited by sej7278

Guest ..Abel..

I wanna try too! : ) if someone can upload!

Guest sej7278

I wanna try too! : ) if someone can upload!

its not worth it, for the moment coldfusionx 15/04 is faster imho, what for the cm9 repo to settle a bit and tom_g releases a nightly.