Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest sej7278

Hi!

How do I disable libSRaudio?

And I'm getting bunch of errors regarding export_includes and always with librpc_intermediates

make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/tass/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/librpc_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/tass/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libloc_api-rpc_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.[/CODE]

Any ideas?

i guess just commenting out the "include $(BUILD_SHARED_LIBRARY)" line in external/srec/audio/AudioIn/UNIX/src/Android.mk ?

i still can't get anywhere near a finished compile, even with disabling half the fscking makefiles i die after 5mins lol, my main problem seems to be AudioPolicyManager.h in the blade device tree

Edited by sej7278

Guest KonstaT

i still can't get anywhere near a finished compile, even with disabling half the fscking makefiles i die after 5mins lol, my main problem seems to be AudioPolicyManager.h in the blade device tree

Most of the device specific stuff (audio, sensors, lights) is fixed in my github, only camera to go (probably won't be as easy).

Edit. libcamera compiles now too, but I run into the most unexpected issue. Makefiles and AndroidManifest.xml for the Camera.apk are missing for Jelly Bean - even from AOSP. WTF Google? :o

Edit2. Apparently camera is now somehow merged into gallery, still can't find it though.

Guest sej7278

Most of the device specific stuff (audio, sensors, lights) is fixed in my github, only camera to go (probably won't be as easy).

i've poached a few of your patches, and seem to be getting further (still stuck with stagefright/aac problems) what helped a lot was going through the main code and fixing that before worrying about device-specifics. i can't understand why they didn't just fix all the ALOG{E/V/D/I/W} stuff in one commit.

instructions so far:

apply dalvik patch

add #undef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX before #ifdef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX in bionic/libc/private/bionic_atomic_arm.h

comment out external/aac/Android.mk, external/srec/audio/AudioIn/UNIX/src/Android.mk and hardware/msm7k/libstagefrighthw/Android.mk

delete the 6 lines between the braces in hardware/qcom/display/liboverlay/mdpWrapper.h

inline void dump(const char* const s, const msm_rotator_data_info& rot) {....}

Guest Felsch

*follows guide on first page*

-downloading, all check

-almost everything else, all check.

Java version in my fedora-vm, 1.7.0...<- ... badword... now I has to get 1.6.0 which seems a pain to install... well let's try ubuntu(less of a pain to install jdk 1.6.0), and cry for all bandwidth I used.

Nice guide sej, just that small little problem ><(which I can solve :D).

One thing I do have a question of: on the android site(http://source.androi...itializing.html) it states that it needs a 64-bit cpu enviroment, is that true or can it get compiled on 32-bit(as I made the fedora-vm 32bit :/) ?

Edited by Felsch

@sej

libstagefright: comment out lib for aac encoder in framework/av/media/libstagefright/android.mk

For msm rotator just comment out body of inline dump function in header file that's causing problem.

These are just for logging purposes.

Guest sej7278

@sej

libstagefright: comment out lib for aac encoder in framework/av/media/libstagefright/android.mk

For msm rotator just comment out body of inline dump function in header file that's causing problem.

These are just for logging purposes.

thanks for the aac fix, seems to be compiling away now.

edit: still getting aac problems.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Ganster

Why we can't use libstagefright(all or partially) from GB tree? As I see, problems with unimplemented functions are in codec initialization functions. May be port this functions from GB is easier than implementing missed functions to QC_OMX(it's written on C++, and it hard to reverse-engineering)? Yes, it's hard, but possible...I think. :)

thanks for the aac fix, seems to be compiling away now.

edit: still getting aac problems.

Looking at my changes now and this is what I did:

1) removed libstagefright_aacenc from frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/Android.mk

2) deleted codecs/aacdec/Android.mk and codecs/aacenc/Android.mk

3) deleted external/aac

Edited by C3C0

Guest sej7278

Looking at my changes now and this is what I did:

1) removed libstagefright_aacenc from frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/Android.mk

2) deleted codecs/aacdec/Android.mk and codecs/aacenc/Android.mk

3) deleted external/aac

that seems to have fixed it, had to pull in burstlams (well, teamics's) gcc 4.5 kernel fixes, not sure why i never saw that on cm9 though.

does github have an easy web-interface way of cherry-picking commits into your repo, rather than having to fork, branch, checkout and merge via the cli, there must be an easy way to do it and keep history; i think i'm over-complicating it.

Guest tilal6991

that seems to have fixed it, had to pull in burstlams (well, teamics's) gcc 4.5 kernel fixes, not sure why i never saw that on cm9 though.

does github have an easy web-interface way of cherry-picking commits into your repo, rather than having to fork, branch, checkout and merge via the cli, there must be an easy way to do it and keep history; i think i'm over-complicating it.

Afraid not.

Guest KonstaT

Or you could have just cloned it from my github. :P

ICS still used the old Android toolchain (gcc 4.4.x). If you haven't noticed JB uses a new Android toolchain (gcc 4.6.x). There was no need to do that on ICS (well, it was done for couple of kernel sources when the linaro (gcc 4.7.x) was hyped out of proportion).

Nice patch in the gerrit. Seems to sorts the aac -> libstagefright thing (at least it compiled, haven't tested on device yet).

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/19257/

Guest sej7278

Or you could have just cloned it from my github. :P

ICS still used the old Android toolchain (gcc 4.4.x). If you haven't noticed JB uses a new Android toolchain (gcc 4.6.x). There was no need to do that on ICS (well, it was done for couple of kernel sources when the linaro (gcc 4.7.x) was hyped out of proportion).

Nice patch in the gerrit. Seems to sorts the aac -> libstagefright thing (at least it compiled, haven't tested on device yet).

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/19257/

aac enc/dec patch too: and http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/19258/

urgh, i might as well just use your kernel from github lol, was supposed to be a learning exercise, but its just turning into a lot of googling.

its odd, google document android at the api level, but there's fsck all useful information on porting to an actual device. on xda they seem to thinking "porting tutorials" consist of running extract-files.sh or unzipping a flashable zip, are there any clued up people left on xda?

Guest sej7278

Maclaw says that he didn't disable aac and libsr (srec), so they have fixed it, I guess.

i bet you believe in father christmas and the tooth fairy too don't ya? :P

Guest Sulthekk

Maclaw says that he didn't disable aac and libsr (srec), so they have fixed it, I guess.

Have they ever released a working build? -.-

Guest KonstaT

Again, please don't hijack this thread to discuss about this. I've been already asked not to post any ROMs on this thread. :P This is for developers only and just something to play with. I'm not interesting in hearing what bugs it has (there still are many) and what doesn't work (quite a lot). To get RIL working, you need to 'chmod 777 /data/radio/*' in adb shell or terminal. To get root, flash the latest superuser and su from superuser homepage. I'll write more somewhere sometime tomorrow.

cm-10-20120716-KonstaKANG-blade-prealpha.zip

http://www.mediafire...yg3avb6r9w4jbqh

md5:f31c9a7e7ea72594a8e3c08f59f3b665

Thanks to everyone who's been working on CM10 and thanks to Lalit for sorting out the hw accelleration (even though I'm not a fan of using a prebuilt ;)).

Sources are in my github.

Guest ufizo

Seems like Burstlams is compiling CM10 for the blade after all :)

Link: http://bbs.hiapk.com...115435-1-2.html

The skate and Cresent have builds, waiting with great anticipation.

From that page, using google translate gave me this:

安卓网广招各路能人贤士

不错啊,我昨天就在modaco论坛看到几位大神在讨论,今天看到了b大。呵呵,给力

Andrews net wide to recruit the brightest genius Magi

Ah well, yesterday seen in modaco forum several Great God in the discussion today, see the b. Oh, to force

:D :D

Google translate is a funny tool.

Edited by ufizo

Guest Felsch

The source of CM10? How big is it? the same as CM9 or bigger or smaller ... ?

If I know, I think I gonna try compiling it myself, the compiling CM9 did work :).

Guest sej7278

The source of CM10? How big is it? the same as CM9 or bigger or smaller ... ?

If I know, I think I gonna try compiling it myself, the compiling CM9 did work :).

16gb download, about the same again in out/, so with a 1gb ~/.ccache, you need at least 33gb free space, pretty much the same as cm9.

it takes a few minutes longer to compile than cm9 (80mins on 8gb 3.2ghz core2quad with a warm ccache).

have a look at KonstaT's instructions for now (i will re-edit this one for cm10 once it stabilizes a bit)

Guest Felsch

16gb download, about the same again in out/, so with a 1gb ~/.ccache, you need at least 33gb free space, pretty much the same as cm9.

it takes a few minutes longer to compile than cm9 (80mins on 8gb 3.2ghz core2quad with a warm ccache).

have a look at KonstaT's instructions for now (i will re-edit this one for cm10 once it stabilizes a bit)

http://www.modaco.co...10-android-411/

Ah ok, 16gb is quite a lot of bandwidth, so I thought I asked :). I'll gonna try it when it's indeed more stable, don't need a starter prying in some really advanced stuff :)