Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest ..Abel..

What does this mean? In step 3 (it seems this isn't even necessary if you don't use the lunch menu.. so can I skip this go onto step 4? Although I doubt I am gonna compile a rom how much space does it take! My internet is slow it will take me days!!!

Guest ..Abel..

making this useless partition bigger only for Rom Manager? I don't think I'll go down that road. if he can fix it - kudos, but if not - I will continue flashing from recovery.

oh and you can take it off your server now, mirrored it here and here:)

Thanks alot man!

Guest Loren82

Fixed problem airplane mode and Bluetooth working perfect, every time there is less, the princio seems to go slower, but giving time becomes very fluid.

smile.gif

Guest sej7278

What does this mean? In step 3 (it seems this isn't even necessary if you don't use the lunch menu.. so can I skip this go onto step 4? Although I doubt I am gonna compile a rom how much space does it take! My internet is slow it will take me days!!!

yes, i forgot to add the patch and it built ok! i guess the patch is only if you just type "lunch" and then get prompted via the menu. but even if you can't figure out how to do the patch, surely you can just add the one line of text to one file lol?

14gb worth of downloads, then 1gb of ~/.ccache, plus whatever out/ takes, approaching 20gb of disk space without even your operating system. my boot drive usually comes to about 17gb, so a vm would need to be 35-40gb.

Guest asm19

They are able to synchronize the repository cm? To me is giving methis error and will not be completed...

fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/.repo/projects/development.git'

Fetching projects:  88% (276/313)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/.repo/projects/development.git'

Fetching projects:  99% (310/313)  error: Cannot fetch CyanogenMod/android_development

Still can not solve the problem, someone help?

Edited by asm19

Guest targetbsp

14gb worth of downloads, then 1gb of ~/.ccache, plus whatever out/ takes, approaching 20gb of disk space without even your operating system. my boot drive usually comes to about 17gb, so a vm would need to be 35-40gb.

Yeah my VM used a touch over 30gb just for CM9 and Ubuntu - I've not added in coldfusion yet. And whilst setting up a VM, it's worth noting that the kernel needs over 3gb of ram to compile!

Edited by targetbsp

Guest shmizan

why do we need to compile the kernel ourselves each time? seems unreasonable.

by the way, no offtopic meant but I can't open a thread for this. can ANYONE do me a huge favor and tell me if "Bobsled Calling" works for you? it's free calls based on wifi/3g to landlines and mobiles for any country in the world.

Google Play wouldn't let me download saying my Blade is incompatible but I got the apk to install and verify the account and then it just crashes:

http://www.multiupload.nl/J6BZV12DQQ

Guest shmizan

yeah that's the messaging one - it's useless. I'm talking about the Calling one. forget about it saying it's incompatible. many apps say that in regards to the Blade but works nonetheless.

I got the APK (linked above) and it's installing and verifying my account but when connecting it crashes. I wonder if it happens only for me or maybe it's ROM dependent, or...

Guest asm19

Nobody knows how to solve this?

fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/.repo/projects/abi/cpp.git'

Fetching projects:   2% (5/248)  fatal: Not a git repository: '/home/asm/.repo/projects/development.git'

I'm tired of trying to synchronize, since deleted the directories bin and CM9 and created again but still the same. How can I remove the whole repo?

EDIT: Problem solved

Edited by asm19

Guest targetbsp

Yay! Compiled Cm9. Now onto Coldfusion! It's getting pretty tricky to keep fitting this into 160mb.

EDIT: Problem solved

What was the issue?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest targetbsp

I got the APK (linked above) and it's installing and verifying my account but when connecting it crashes. I wonder if it happens only for me or maybe it's ROM dependent, or...

If you unzip it, it's ARMv7. So the market would appear to be correct in this instance.

Guest sej7278

Yay! Compiled Cm9. Now onto Coldfusion! It's getting pretty tricky to keep fitting this into 160mb.

What was the issue?

looks like the problem he had the other day lol.

space is a real problem with cm9 though even with 215mb /system, its obviously made for 1gb phones - 2mb /cache is causing flashing problems and tom_g's build uses 20mb more of /system than the build i made today (or coldfusionx).

which files do we need to delete (using adb) to reduce a full gapps down to your mini one - it doesn't look like your flashable zip does that (well it does for a couple of apps)?

i'm even considering taking bootanimation.zip out of the build as i disable it for faster boot anyway, that's 4mb more for /system.....

anyway, what does everyone think of cm9 compared to coldfusionx - is cfx faster or is it just me? for instance the app drawer seems very slow in cm9, and its hard to press buttons.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

I have a 165mb system that I can fit in if I delete videos and use mini gapps. Yeah I think you need to delete bootanimation to fit in 160.

I'm afraid I don't have a list of what I deleted. Last time I updated it to a new gapps version I just compared my existing mini gapps to the newer ics and deleted files until the same ones existed!

Guest asm19

this gerrit patch might be what is making CFX seem faster than CM9, its under review for CM9 but already part of CFX.

I was just now seeing this, has compiled new build for testing? I'll do that next.

Edit: Just got merged wink.gif

Edited by asm19

Guest sej7278

I was just now seeing this, has compiled new build for testing? I'll do that next.

Edit: Just got merged wink.gif

i think it did make a difference myself, app drawer definitely seems less laggy (apparently it shouldn't as blurring isn't supported after honeycomb anyway).

compile time now including kernel (with a hot ccache) was 52mins, and the source, out/ and ~/.ccache directories came to 27gb.

i deleted bootanimation.zip using adb, there doesn't seem to be a way to build without one, didn't have a rommanager flashing problem this time, although i'd cleared out a temp file and log file from /cache, but they only came to about 100kb.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

i think it did make a difference myself, app drawer definitely seems less laggy (apparently it shouldn't as blurring isn't supported after honeycomb anyway).

I compiled a CFX last night and its noticeably faster at the closing apps animation. I'm using tasker as my test app, for no reason other than its the first app where I noticed that CM9 momentarily lags during the app closing animation.

Guest sej7278

I compiled a CFX last night and its noticeably faster at the closing apps animation. I'm using tasker as my test app, for no reason other than its the first app where I noticed that CM9 momentarily lags during the app closing animation.

i can't remember on CFX, but does the alarm app squish the screen when it starts (from app drawer) like it does with CM9?

also i noticed tom_g's andreno libs are different from the ones in CFX (and different from the ones on xda for CM7) so maybe he's not 100% accelerated.

Edited by sej7278

Guest targetbsp

I don't use the alarm app but I did notice various graphical oddities in CM9 not in CFX. Not as bad as the early CFX's but not as good as the latest.

Also, the Cm9 kernel (nor your 15th build - not tried others) does not support LED notifications. I'm putting the kernel from the last one tilal compiled (7th april) into my CFX build. Are there any notable bug fixes or new features since then I'll be missing out on that you're aware of?

I was going to make a new mini gapps too based on the new full 22nd april ics gapps. But the full gapps is missing a few notable files itself such as gmail and vending!! So i'll just update my march one I think.

Guest targetbsp

Is the alarm app the one called 'clock'? If so then it looks fine on CFX.

I think it's maybe too early to be leaving CFX for CM9. :)

Guest sej7278

Is the alarm app the one called 'clock'? If so then it looks fine on CFX.

I think it's maybe too early to be leaving CFX for CM9. :)

yes clock, when i launch it from the app drawer on cm9 the screen gets vertically squashed and seems to expand horizontally for a second or so, i've seen it on all the cm9 builds i've done, but don't recall having it on any CFX.

you might be right about the 2nd point, certainly as an everyday rom at the moment cfx performs better, but cm9 is where the development is going on.