Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest shezar

The qcom display patch has just been merged. I hope the other part will be as well.

The texturing patches are merged.

Now I'd like the camera patches as well and then the blade-related "after-sync patches" won't be needed.

Edited by shezar

Guest sej7278

The qcom display patch has just been merged. I hope the other part will be as well.

The texturing patches are merged.

Now I'd like the camera patches as well and then the blade-related "after-sync patches" won't be needed.

still need http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/16106/ to enable the 3D fixes

camera preview/photo is already merged, all that is left is camcorder, which doesn't work yet does it (codec issue preventing playback)?

then we convince tom_g to go with common_mini_phone.mk and save us 20mb, and then cyanogenmod just needs to enable the lunch menu :)

Guest jventura

I am experiencing soft reboot on a new build whenever the screen tries to turn off.

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/16555/ is the culprit.

The devs have noticied it too, so it'll get fixed soon. :)

Thanks for the notice! :D

I was about to compile a new build for me now, but I'll wait for the fix for that patch..

Guest KonstaT

I am experiencing soft reboot on a new build whenever the screen tries to turn off.

http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/16555/ is the culprit.

The devs have noticied it too, so it'll get fixed soon. :)

Yeah, I don't think they know what's the exact patch that broke it. There was eight new commits in CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display.

Meanwhile you can revert (or reset head to state before) those last eight in CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display and one last in CyanogenMod/android_hardware_libhardware. That works on my build.

Guest jventura

Yeah, I don't think they know what's the exact patch that broke it. There was eight new commits in CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display.

Meanwhile you can revert (or reset head to state before) those last eight in CyanogenMod/android_hardware_qcom_display and one last in CyanogenMod/android_hardware_libhardware. That works on my build.

KonstaT, what is the command to revert to a specific head state? I only know git reset --hard.. :)

Guest shmizan

you know what makes me really angry with CM9, all the missing features (TONS of them)

first I was waiting for them to show thinking it takes time to port them, but now I read they will not return at all.

call settings: always return to call log after a call, and the whole blacklist feature

applications settings: PHONE GOGGLES! (I send too many SMS and make too many calls I don't want to! where's the damn confirmation dialog?!), where to install new apps

what the what is going on??

there were a few "small" features taken out I could live with (like disabling boot animation) but what is this?

Guest shezar

you know what makes me really angry with CM9, all the missing features (TONS of them)

first I was waiting for them to show thinking it takes time to port them, but now I read they will not return at all.

call settings: always return to call log after a call, and the whole blacklist feature

applications settings: PHONE GOGGLES! (I send too many SMS and make too many calls I don't want to! where's the damn confirmation dialog?!), where to install new apps

what the what is going on??

there were a few "small" features taken out I could live with (like disabling boot animation) but what is this?

Well, you can try to port them from CM7. I'm not sure if they decided not to include these stuff or they didn't have time to implement them but I would bet on the latter option. But if you don't like the present state, check out burstlam's awesome build with AOKP features, you'll probably like it.

Guest shmizan

unfortunately it's decidec that these features won't be added so CM9 can be more noob friendly.

AOKP crossed my mind but it seems building it is really hard

Guest sej7278

unfortunately it's decidec that these features won't be added so CM9 can be more noob friendly.

AOKP crossed my mind but it seems building it is really hard

yes it does seem cm9 is going to be dumbed down to the point of "you may as well just use stock ics". all the features that make cyanogenmod better than stock are being removed so the n00bs don't get confused. well n00bs shouldn't be running a mod.

aokp has tonnes of settings, but we'll never get anything like official support, so its a case of doing like burstlam does and pull patches into cm9, which is just too much like hard work lol!

i tried to backport the cm7 feature to hide the alarm, but cm9 code is so unlike cm7 that i couldn't figure it out, its a totally different api.

Guest sej7278

haha as soon as i saw steve fscking with android_hardware_qcom_display, i thought "better not make any builds for a few days then" as i knew he'd break it (again).

edit: has it been fixed today? http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/16730/

Edited by sej7278

Guest slumslayer

Reverting #16555 seems to fix it. I'll see if other things get broken.

Guest jventura

I have deleted entirely my /out folder, but I'm still having errors while compiling with the latest repo sync.. Has anyone having problems too?

It has been failing in many places, but can't get past this one:

make: *** No rules to process target `vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm4.so', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm4.so'. Stop.

I guess maybe it is a patch which should not have been submited?!

Edited by jventura

Guest jventura

I have deleted entirely my /out folder, but I'm still having errors while compiling with the latest repo sync.. Has anyone having problems too?

It has been failing in many places, but can't get past this one:

make: *** No rules to process target `vendor/cm/proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm4.so', needed by `out/target/product/blade/system/lib/libjackpal-androidterm4.so'. Stop.

I guess maybe it is a patch which should not have been submited?!

Sorry for polluting the thread, but I had the "amazing" idea to check out if that file really exist, and it seems I only have libjackpal-androidterm3.so..

Anyone has idea if this file is suppose to come from another place, or is supposed to be compiled as compiling cm9? Well, I'll clean /out and try again (5th time, lol)

Guest KonstaT

haha as soon as i saw steve fscking with android_hardware_qcom_display, i thought "better not make any builds for a few days then" as i knew he'd break it (again).

edit: has it been fixed today? http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/16730/

Yeah, that fixes it.

Reverting #16555 seems to fix it. I'll see if other things get broken.

Fix is already merged. Look above.

Sorry for polluting the thread, but I had the "amazing" idea to check out if that file really exist, and it seems I only have libjackpal-androidterm3.so..

Anyone has idea if this file is suppose to come from another place, or is supposed to be compiled as compiling cm9? Well, I'll clean /out and try again (5th time, lol)

cd into vendor/cm and do

. get-prebuilts[/CODE]

again. libjackpal-androidterm4.so is then extracted from the new Term.apk.

You should do that every time Terminal or ROM Manager gets updated.

Guest jventura

cd into vendor/cm and do

. get-prebuilts

You should do that every time Terminal or ROM Manager is updated.

Hi KonstaT,

that is the solution, thanks again!

Guest t181

Fresh test build. Repo synced after the android_hardware_qcom_display got sorted. Device + patches + 1, 2, 3 and 4.

update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-blade-KonstaKANG-280512-signed.zip

http://www.mediafire...y08lk1buk959o9k

md5:a0da358181502bc912762b42b276c1e6

changes:

trimmed wallpapers, live wallpapers and other useless stuff

no bootanimation

no text-to-speech

trimmed LatinIME dictionaries

transparent notification area

center clock on lockscreen

blue sms icon

reversed logic on volkey cursor control

increased long press back key kills apps delay

old ringtones

silenced low battery sound

bootlogo (doesn't work though)

n880e market fingerprint

medium gapps (bigger than 'mini' but not full either):

no facelock

no genie widget

no TTS

gapps-ics-medium-20120429-signed.zip

http://www.mediafire...lgq5h4r12ca7n52

md5:622c40820cd1706b0fe38889beab3e64

KonstaKANG and medium gapps will fit 130mb system partition. Damn, was aiming below 128mb but left in too many LatinIME dictionaries. :P You can still save ~5mb by removing the unneeded dictionarys.

This is a bleeding edge version and it's not for noobs. Don't whine about bugs, I don't care. And please, don't hijack this thread to discuss about this ROM!

Thanks for the new build!

Loading down...

Edit: did you test it?

Anyway... I will...

Edited by t181

Guest shmizan

Fresh test build...trimmed wallpapers, live wallpapers and other useless stuff

no bootanimation no...

welcome to ICS, I've been waiting for you ;)

that looks exactly like my build! (trimmage wise) I'm gonna go for your longer back button press to kill app, blue sms, and center clock on my next build.

edit: took a look at your github: what can I say, a hidden treasure!

Edited by shmizan

Guest KonstaT

welcome to ICS, I've been waiting for you ;)

that looks exactly like my build! (trimmage wise) I'm gonna go for your longer back button press to kill app, blue sms, and center clock on my next build.

how do you do the trimming? before you build the ROM?

Yeah, CM9 seems to work well. :) No reason to go back to gingerbread (at least for now).

I still remove Email, Exchange and Gallery2 after build. Trebuchet wallpapers and LatinIME dictionaries are trimmed during build, but I didn't upload the patches to github because of their size. :P I'm pretty much good to go straight after build.

Above version has few apps and few dictionaries that I normally don't have. My system size is about ~123mb now.

Guest shmizan

could you upload them somewhere? I built a long ass (windows) batch file to trim the ROM after the build (apks dictionaries, all...), would be wonderful to remove the Trebuchet wallpapers and dictionaries during. and what about the blue sms icon? NEED THEM PATCHES! :D

what's your system partition size?

Edited by shmizan

Guest KonstaT

could you upload them somewhere? I build a long ass (windows) batch file to trim the ROM after the build (apks dictionaries, all...), would be wonderful to remove the Trebuchet wallpapers and dictionaries during. and what about the blue sms icon? NEED THEM PATCHES! :D

Sms icon is overlayed at device tree.

https://github.com/K...0768de440a44f3e

Easier if you remove the wallpapers and dictionaries yourself. I still leave some of them. I'm sure you don't need finnish dictionary. ;)

Create a new branch

repo start wallpapers packages/apps/Trebuchet
[/CODE] cd into that directory and remove what ever you want from res/drawable-hdpi and drawable-sw600dp-hdpi. Commit that change
[CODE]
git add -A && git commit -m 'removed wallpapers'

That's it. Do the same thing for vendor/cm and dictionaries.