[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest d_borghi

yees, i think bt problem depends from kernel for my chinese blade. screen problem could be another problem for my chinese zte. if nobody has the bt and screen problem, ten i think is chinese zte. i'm italian but i can understand english too... bye

Guest ilopez85

I have found some graphical issues in 20th April version which had been fixed in 13th April version, like random appearance of the green "V" after installing an application

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

I have found some graphical issues in 20th April version which had been fixed in 13th April version, like random appearance of the green "V" after installing an application

What application? :) Can you provide a screenshot and more details please? :)

Guest t0mm13b

Hi tom!Ive been looking at the thread for a while now and was thinking that when you say no one else has this problem we cant really be sure if anyone else with a chinese blade has tried the rom can we?So d_borghi might be the only person with a chinese blade who's tried the rom If we could get someone with a chinese blade to try it out and check if bluetooth works then it'd pretty much zero down on the problem being with the "chineseness" of the blade :P just my thoughts on this :)

True that, am going to have a look around and see if I can find a kernel update somewhere ... :)

Burstlam's kernel obviously does not like the chinese blade :P

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest k.d.11

True that, am going to have a look around and see if I can find a kernel update somewhere ... :)

Burstlam's kernel obviously does not like the chinese blade :P

Which is pretty ironic really xD

Guest t0mm13b

Which is pretty ironic really xD

Yep! Very ironic.... am going to give this Zte Tureis kernel a spin as that's what's used in swedishsnow :)

Guest k.d.11

But the kernel in swedish snow is forked from burstlams kernel too! The only difference being i think KonstaT updated to the new source while burstlam stuck with the old turies source and that could be why bluetooth works in swedish snow?

https://github.com/K...7dd507633e7d9ef

https://github.com/b...3c8881c94286a5d

And im pretty sure thats why bluetooth doesn't work..What do you think?

Edited by k.d.11

Guest t0mm13b

But the kernel in swedish snow is forked from burstlams kernel too! The only difference being i think KonstaT updated to the new source while burstlam stuck with the old turies source and that could be why bluetooth works in swedish snow?

https://github.com/K...7dd507633e7d9ef

https://github.com/b...3c8881c94286a5d

And im pretty sure thats why bluetooth doesn't work..What do you think?

Incidentally, I did have a version of the zte-tureis here but its broken (was for the ics4blade at one stage!), am git pulling it and will put together a new boot image shortly :)

Guest t0mm13b

@d_borghi:

Can you try this out - this is a newer kernel in the hope it resolves BT on your chinese blade?

This requires the usage of using adb and fastboot. I can direct you to this site to download just the utilities in case you do not have it.

It should be noted that what you're going to do is, temporarily boot the handset using this newer kernel.

Your original boot will be un-touched.

Steps:

1. Plug in usb cable.
  2. From the cmd window,
    adb reboot bootloader
    Wait for the handset to reboot and stays on the boot-loader - that is where you will see the android robot and the led light stays red on the button.
  3. To temporarily download the boot, issue this from the cmd window,
    fastboot boot t0mm13bBootImage.img[/code]

Now, wait until you get the following messages

downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY booting... OKAY
  4. Then it should start booting - the light will turn out and it will boot as normal

From there, you should try out the BT and report back :)

Hope this helps and do not hesitate if you need further help :)

TuriesKernelBoot.tar.gz

Guest ilopez85

Opera Mobile 12.0.2, K-9 Mail 4.115 and Dropbox 2.1.3, but it doesn't depend on the application, installing it several times, in some cases appears the "V" and not in others, as I mentioned it's random

Guest d_borghi

@d_borghi:

Can you try this out - this is a newer kernel in the hope it resolves BT on your chinese blade?

This requires the usage of using adb and fastboot. I can direct you to this site to download just the utilities in case you do not have it.

It should be noted that what you're going to do is, temporarily boot the handset using this newer kernel.

Your original boot will be un-touched.

Steps:

1. Plug in usb cable.
  2. From the cmd window,
    adb reboot bootloader
    Wait for the handset to reboot and stays on the boot-loader - that is where you will see the android robot and the led light stays red on the button.
  3. To temporarily download the boot, issue this from the cmd window,
    fastboot boot t0mm13bBootImage.img[/code]

Now, wait until you get the following messages

4. Then it should start booting - the light will turn out and it will boot as normal

From there, you should try out the BT and report back :)

Hope this helps and do not hesitate if you need further help :)

i just tried and NOTHING CHANGED. bt doesn't want to work regularly. i must try a lot of time.

:(

Guest t0mm13b

i just tried and NOTHING CHANGED. bt doesn't want to work regularly. i must try a lot of time.

:(

Am investigating this and it seems your blade does not like:

1. Burstlam's kernel
  2. The fact that everything is using vmsplit3g which can influence how drivers especially bluetooth are loaded. SwedishSnow is vmsplit2g. (As matter of interest, have you tried the old CM7 nightly 257 IIRC - that is vmsplit3g - can you try running that ROM?)
  3. There's a something that is in there - mind you, I have compared the BT code with Burstlam's and SwedishSnow's... an additional script somewhere that is absent from this ROM

I am going through all avenues... stay tuned :)

Guest d_borghi

Am investigating this and it seems your blade does not like:

1. Burstlam's kernel
  2. The fact that everything is using vmsplit3g which can influence how drivers especially bluetooth are loaded. SwedishSnow is vmsplit2g. (As matter of interest, have you tried the old CM7 nightly 257 IIRC - that is vmsplit3g - can you try running that ROM?)
  3. There's a something that is in there - mind you, I have compared the BT code with Burstlam's and SwedishSnow's... an additional script somewhere that is absent from this ROM

I am going through all avenues... stay tuned :)

tnx for all.

i must underline that bt after a lot of chance starts to work. then it isn't a problem that makes the rom unusuable for me. sure, if you make works well bt it will be better for me :-)

bye

db

Guest t0mm13b

tnx for all.

i must underline that bt after a lot of chance starts to work. then it isn't a problem that makes the rom unusuable for me. sure, if you make works well bt it will be better for me :-)

bye

db

I am not sure if its worth it to incorporate building cm7 specific hacks into AOSP to cater for the VMSPLIT2G which is the core underlying reason why SwedishSnow works for you. And also due to the fact that you only have 256Mb RAM on your blade what with being chinese and all... so.. you'll have to just forget about this ROM for your blade - I will amend the details on the first posting to say its more designated for those with 512Mb RAM. Am sorry but cannot do any more to help you on this BT related problems which is down to the factors I've mentioned above. :)

Guest d_borghi

I am not sure if its worth it to incorporate building cm7 specific hacks into AOSP to cater for the VMSPLIT2G which is the core underlying reason why SwedishSnow works for you. And also due to the fact that you only have 256Mb RAM on your blade what with being chinese and all... so.. you'll have to just forget about this ROM for your blade - I will amend the details on the first posting to say its more designated for those with 512Mb RAM. Am sorry but cannot do any more to help you on this BT related problems which is down to the factors I've mentioned above. :)

ok, tnx for all. :(

bye

db

Guest bill48er

Here's the modified version of ZteBlade settings, with the option to turn off the notification for those who find it "irritating/annoying" smile.gif

To update do the following, plug in the usb cable and issue the commands as shown:

• Unzip the archive (tar xvfz ZteBladeSettings.tar.gz)
  • adb remount
  • adb shell rm /system/app/ZteBlade.apk
  • adb push ZteBlade.apk /system/app
  • adb remount

Thank you kindly - and for a nice stable ROM

Guest t0mm13b

I will push out another release shortly, with a optimized kernel (there was a lot of crap in there that is totally unnecessary) :)

Stay tuned folks :)

Guest k.d.11

:D you give me a reason to come back to gingerbread with every release!

Slightly offtopic-Is the aosp ics project still alive? Are you guys working on any thing? Thanks! :)

Guest t0mm13b

:D you give me a reason to come back to gingerbread with every release!

Slightly offtopic-Is the aosp ics project still alive? Are you guys working on any thing? Thanks! :)

:D The AOSP ICS has sort of went down slightly... hummm... I will be attempting to try out the newer 4.0.4 release soon (the ics4blade source has had lot of ugly patches in there for egl hacks that sort of made it extremely messy, I will start out again afresh and bit by bit put it together minus the crappy egl hacks and see how it fares combined with the newer adreno libs... fingers crossed)

Basically: Challenge accepted to try again :D

Thanks for your support guys :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest wookie16081965

Cant download rom from dropbox get error cant find page your looking for, downloaded gapps no problem.

Guest t0mm13b

Cant download rom from dropbox get error cant find page your looking for, downloaded gapps no problem.

Its on the second post on the first page that contains the mediafire linky :)

Guest wookie16081965

Its on the second post on the first page that contains the mediafire linky :)

got it thanks very much

Guest t0mm13b

Just for sh!t and giggles - I copied over the newer adreno libs across...

Result: hmmmm yup... according to Antutu (false economy I know I know, its a useful measure to err... measure benchmark :P), the spiral graphics in 2D achieved 4.02 fps, for the gladiators 3D, achieved 3 fps... :blink: lol :D!

Dont'cha worry... have the older libs in place and tis flying ;)

Edited by t0mm13b