[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest Loren82

:D The AOSP ICS has sort of went down slightly... hummm... I will be attempting to try out the newer 4.0.4 release soon (the ics4blade source has had lot of ugly patches in there for egl hacks that sort of made it extremely messy, I will start out again afresh and bit by bit put it together minus the crappy egl hacks and see how it fares combined with the newer adreno libs... fingers crossed)

Basically: Challenge accepted to try again :D

Thanks for your support guys :)

That would be amazing, I was one of those who followed the thread of ICS4Blade from the start, congratulations on your AOSP Ginger and encouragement if you return to resume AOSP ICS

Guest Surmoka

Sorry if my question is too n00b, but is this ROM suitable for a Gen1 Blade?

I just want to be sure to not brick it...

Edited by Surmoka

Guest t0mm13b

Sorry if my question is too n00b, but is this ROM suitable for a Gen1 Blade?

I just want to be sure to not brick it...

This ROM is more suited for Gen2 blades :) If you try flashing it your handset will go into either a boot-loop or not boot at all. Generally the best course of action is to upgrade to Gen2 via TPT (its somewhere on this forum...) and you should be good to go with all the newer roms that cater Gen2 :)

Guest tmbt

Hi T0mm13b,

I'm using this great ROM and i think it's very fast and clean. I don't use most of the crap that you can find on the other ROMs so I'm very happy with your ROM. The only question i have is about the software buttons that allow you to switch off wireless or bluetooth or 3G data etc .. the one that you have for examples in CyanogenMOD. Is there a way to add this feature on your ROM ?

Thanks

Mattia

Guest t0mm13b

Hi T0mm13b,

I'm using this great ROM and i think it's very fast and clean. I don't use most of the crap that you can find on the other ROMs so I'm very happy with your ROM. The only question i have is about the software buttons that allow you to switch off wireless or bluetooth or 3G data etc .. the one that you have for examples in CyanogenMOD. Is there a way to add this feature on your ROM ?

Thanks

Mattia

Hi Mattia, thanks for your comments :D

Are you talking about a widget control that has those features - like extended controls? I know there is one in AOSP ICS, I could backport it... :)

Cheers :)

Edit: Just realized, its already there! You need to long-press on the home screen, tap on 'widget', tap on 'Power Control' and you're done :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest k.d.11

Just tried the latest release and no bugs no problems great performance as always very well done :) Looking forward to AOSP ICS updates as well :)

Guest t0mm13b

Just tried the latest release and no bugs no problems great performance as always very well done :) Looking forward to AOSP ICS updates as well :)

Thank you for your support ;)

Guest t0mm13b

Anyone been experiencing some random reboots in respect of GPS?

Have determined - this is how I test it, Blade overclocked to 729Mhz, quite stable, so far, so good, run Antutu (yeah yeah I know - false economy but stress testing bed), then run AndroSensor, to get a GPS satellite lock... it takes about a minute to lock, then reboots at random.

Mind you have been doing this in succession about every 1 hour for about a period of 6-8 hours, all at the same time ensuring deep-sleeping is taking place. :)

(Am checking out the gps.conf to see if there is something amiss!)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest ilopez85

Anyone been experiencing some random reboots in respect of GPS?

Have determined - this is how I test it, Blade overclocked to 729Mhz, quite stable, so far, so good, run Antutu (yeah yeah I know - false economy but stress testing bed), then run AndroSensor, to get a GPS satellite lock... it takes about a minute to lock, then reboots at random.

Mind you have been doing this in succession about every 1 hour for about a period of 6-8 hours, all at the same time ensuring deep-sleeping is taking place. :)

(Am checking out the gps.conf to see if there is something amiss!)

I'm having random reboots with GPS too (Sygic Aura 11.2.6, CPU @604MHz), with Cyanogen's kernel does not restart (#67, 7.1.0 stable)

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

I'm having random reboots with GPS too (Sygic Aura 11.2.6, CPU @604MHz), with Cyanogen's kernel does not restart (#67, 7.1.0 stable)

Thanks for the heads up.... right...

Can you try un-tarring/un-gzipping the two files in the attached. (Credit goes to Swedish Snow's Konstat, for those two files that I found by trial and error - the stock aosp gps.conf got copied in there and did not realize!)

Push gps.conf and loc_parameter.ini to /system/etc and reboot the handset and let me know how you get on? :)

gpsfix.tar.gz

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest ilopez85

Thanks for the heads up.... right...

Can you try un-tarring/un-gzipping the two files in the attached. (Credit goes to Swedish Snow's Konstat, for those two files that I found by trial and error - the stock aosp gps.conf got copied in there and did not realize!)

Push gps.conf and loc_parameter.ini to /system/etc and reboot the handset and let me know how you get on? :)

The phone is still rebooting :( (I've put the two files in system/etc, set the permissions to rw-r--r-- and restarted the handset, but nothing...)

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

The phone is still rebooting :( (I've put the two files in system/etc, set the permissions to rw-r--r-- and restarted the handset, but nothing...)

Hummm...

did you replace the kernel - you mentioned about it working with

Cyanogen's kernel does not restart (#67, 7.1.0 stable)
?

Guest ilopez85

Hummm...

did you replace the kernel - you mentioned about it working with

?

I'm back to riviera#13 before testing the fix :), but with the kernel that I mentioned, the GPS works fine

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

I'm back to riviera#13 before testing the fix :), but with the kernel that I mentioned, the GPS works fine

Hmmm... what cm nightly was it? the source of the ROM/kernel that is?

Guest ilopez85

Hmmm... what cm nightly was it? the source of the ROM/kernel that is?

Kernel (boot.img) and wifi (system/wifi folder) from CM 7.1.0 stable (2.6.35.7-perf+tom@TomsComputer #67)

Guest t0mm13b

Kernel (boot.img) and wifi (system/wifi folder) from CM 7.1.0 stable (2.6.35.7-perf+tom@TomsComputer #67)

Will check it out and see if there's something in there in the kernel config :)

Edit: wait up... why did you mention wifi? We are talking about GPS .... :unsure:

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest ilopez85

Will check it out and see if there's something in there in the kernel config :)

Edit: wait up... why did you mention wifi? We are talking about GPS .... :unsure:

Has nothing to do, just what I have in the same update.zip that the kernel

Guest t0mm13b

I will try a variant of the GPS that is used, but as far as I can tell, the gpsfix.tar.gz seems to have cured the random reboots... even google maps is working happily and not a reboot in sight.... weird

Will push out a new version shortly :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest ilopez85

I will try a variant of the GPS that is used, but as far as I can tell, the gpsfix.tar.gz seems to have cured the random reboots... even google maps is working happily and not a reboot in sight.... weird

Will push out a new version shortly :)

Once again, thank you for your work

Guest ilopez85

@ilopez85: Can you try this in the hope of curing your gps reboot with Sygic Aura

I'm sorry, I'm on exams in university and I could not connect before :( , I promise to try it tomorrow

EDIT: It seems to work now :), the kernel is the same, have you changed any other files?

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

I'm sorry, I'm on exams in university and I could not connect before :( , I promise to try it tomorrow

EDIT: It seems to work now :), the kernel is the same, have you changed any other files?

No, I have not changed any other files, it was libloc was missing a logic check in there (the libloc as found in AOSP is for the most part identical with CM7's version with additional 3 lines that is the logic check which was missing :) )

Great to hear that its working now :)