[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest ilopez85

Read again! Its t0mm13bROM_21.zip on the hotfile linky..... :)

I've read, but the new link (7th August) you put to hotfile is to the old version (20, not 21), copy/paste from 4th June?

Edited by ilopez85

Guest ilopez85

Changelog:

* 7th August, 2012

o Modified kernel's logging facility to reclaim a bit more RAM. Incorporated ADWLauncherinto this build.

o Download t0mm13bROM_21.zip from hotfile linky and also mediafire linky. (Mediafire coming up shortly)

* 4th June, 2012

o Fixed up the radio's tuning capability to respect lower/upper tuning frequencies according to this review. Thanks to CM team.

o Added Screenshot facility - inspired by Xperia Mini 2011, and thanks to CM team.

o Added DroidWall (firewall frontend - a must have!) - Thanks to Rodriguez for his valuable contribution, here. (Thanks hecatae for

the suggestion in using the shared android id for droidwall, so now, no more annoying SU popups ;) Hi hecatae _o/ )

o Thanks to Blues003 for his suggestion in using the battery mod that was from UOT online kitchen found here (Hi Blues003 _o/ :) ). No need for extra flashing as its built in :)

o Download t0mm13bROM_20.zip from hotfile linky and also mediafire linky.

Guest t0mm13b

I've read, but the new link (7th August) you put to hotfile is to the old version (20, not 21), copy/paste from 4th June?

Ahhhh crap!

Mea culpa!!!!

Apologies for that - tis fixed now :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Have added the mediafire linky too, was on a ISP's address block for a few days, which blocked mediafire, was forced to disconnect and reconnected, now on different IP address which meant can upload to mediafire... odd!!! :D

Guest t0mm13b

to update from t0mm13bROM_20.zip to t0mm13bROM_21.zip what i must do?

The usual - backup apps, wipe cache/data and flash via ClockworkMod :)

Guest d_borghi

hi.

finally i installed the ultimate release.

but why gps doesn't find any satellite?

EDIT: gps must be activated by gps navigator software (copit, sygyc, ndrive, etc.). if i activate gps and then double tap on the navigation software, gps is not recognize. i must, then, reboot zte and all works fine.

bye

db

Edited by d_borghi

Guest bill48er

hi.

finally i installed the ultimate release.

but why gps doesn't find any satellite?

EDIT: gps must be activated by gps navigator software (copit, sygyc, ndrive, etc.). if i activate gps and then double tap on the navigation software, gps is not recognize. i must, then, reboot zte and all works fine.

bye

db

I’ve been busy-busy lately so I’m still working with the same installation of ROM 20 and this is what I’ve discovered so far:

Use setting to toggle GPS “on” and reboot.

Starting and stopping the apps “Google maps”, “My tracks” and “Compass” and they will happily toggle on and off the GPS as needed, and leaving the GPS set to “on” in settings does not drain the battery at all!

My conclusion is that in this ROM at least (I have not tried others yet) GPS will switch “on” only on demand so there is no need to use settings or a “power” widget to switch it “off” – if I do GPS stop working!

How does my hypothesis check out with you guys?

It looks like this is a "feature" then.

Any one disagree??

Bill

Guest bill48er

"System Tuner" might do what you want - plus many many other management tools and tweaks - works great with this ROM.

Just don't use the logcat in this thread though ;-)

https://play.google....mNjYzcxLnBtdyJd

GPS is on-demand, and is IIRC a feature of GB, otherwise having it on all the time would suck the battery.

Well that one is sorted then :-)

(Typo corrected)

Edited by bill48er

Guest bill48er

In relation to HiSurfing firewall, this:

E/HiSurfing_FireWall(  708): iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.

Since you have Droidwall removed try this, plug in cable and from your windows cmd shell or linux terminal:
  • adb shell
  • /system/bin/iptables -F[/code]

That will clear all iptables rules, then try running hisurf firewall again, you may need to reset it and reinitialise it again. If that does not work, then you need to notify the developer to inform the situation, where you tried to run hisurf on a rom that came with droidwall and the two clashed and hisurf is not working.

Hi again.

Update.....

Yeah it has been a while - but I did promise a progress report.

>> iptables -F did not fix the problem :-(

However, with both Driodwall and HiSurfing both un-installed.. ran iptables -X

Downloaded HiSurfing and "bingo" all is right with the world - HiSurfing is fully functional again!

It's been fun working at command level again - it's been a while since my DOS batch file days :-D

Now, do you mind if I make a minor observation... adding a "Filer" to the AOSP was a no-brainer but Driodwall while it is a very sensible app to include (there are alternatives), Fdroid will be useful to some and AWD Launcher is available from Google play. I suggest that adding these does detract from the AOSP principal.

Would it not be better for users to recommend favourite Apps which work well with this most excellent ROM?

Me now runs and hides :-D

Many thanks T0mm13b for your help, understanding and patience.

Cheers

Bill

Guest t0mm13b

Hi again.

Update.....

Yeah it has been a while - but I did promise a progress report.

>> iptables -F did not fix the problem :-(

However, with both Driodwall and HiSurfing both un-installed.. ran iptables -X

Downloaded HiSurfing and "bingo" all is right with the world - HiSurfing is fully functional again!

It's been fun working at command level again - it's been a while since my DOS batch file days :-D

Now, do you mind if I make a minor observation... adding a "Filer" to the AOSP was a no-brainer but Driodwall while it is a very sensible app to include (there are alternatives), Fdroid will be useful to some and AWD Launcher is available from Google play. I suggest that adding these does detract from the AOSP principal.

Would it not be better for users to recommend favourite Apps which work well with this most excellent ROM?

Me now runs and hides :-D

Many thanks T0mm13b for your help, understanding and patience.

Cheers

Bill

Yes, of course, hummm... Filer, FDroid, and Droidwall was put in because of the open-source nature, and in respect to F-Droid, that was to offer some kind of tangible benefit as alternative to market should you so wish not to use as the alternatives is there.

A while ago, someone mentioned about a missing file manager, hence I put in the file manager in there.

Being a advocate of the world of open source, hence my initiative to put in those apps.

Yet, again, having said that, the freedom is there to remount the system and nuke the apps that you don't like :)

Glad to hear that you got your firewall app sorted out :)

Guest bill48er

Hi

Quickie question - does this ROM have optimum/recommended partition sizes?

My phone was reset using a "wbaw Gen 1 to Gen2" TPT to CM7 upgrade to the following:

2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data

Cheers

Bill

Guest Snap.IT

Hi

Quickie question - does this ROM have optimum/recommended partition sizes?

My phone was reset using a "wbaw Gen 1 to Gen2" TPT to CM7 upgrade to the following:

2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data

Cheers

Bill

It'll work on that setup, as will any other ROM that fits on a 160MB system partition, don't worry being "optimal", better to have a too large system than a too small one, for evidence of that see the CM10 threads.

Guest bill48er

It'll work on that setup, as will any other ROM that fits on a 160MB system partition, don't worry being "optimal", better to have a too large system than a too small one, for evidence of that see the CM10 threads.

Hi

Yes, I can confirm 160mb works, I've been using these partition setting since "13B". :-)

As you say as long as the ROM will fit in the system it will run - I've around 36mb of free system ROM the actual figure varies depending on which app is used to measure the actual size :-)

I was really more interested in the size of the cache.

Another Q? Is the ADW launcher in "21" as well as or instead of "stock"?

When I was running CM7.1 I found ADW to be very unstable on my phone.

Heads up: the Google apps linky seams to be broken.

Cheers

Bill

Guest t0mm13b

Hi

Yes, I can confirm 160mb works, I've been using these partition setting since "13B". :-)

As you say as long as the ROM will fit in the system it will run - I've around 36mb of free system ROM the actual figure varies depending on which app is used to measure the actual size :-)

Cheers

Bill

There's two launchers in there, if you wish, you can remove ADWLauncher and use the latter stock launcher (Launcher2) by removing ADWLauncher :)

Checking the gapps linky :)

Edit: Oh http://goo.im/gapps is broken! :huh:

Thanks Bill for the heads up, have it uploaded to MediaFire and updated the linky on the first post :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Snap.IT

Hi

Cheers

Bill

The cache?

Heh, it'll bw fine for rhis upgrade or ANY upgrade.

Guest d_borghi

GPS is on-demand, and is IIRC a feature of GB, otherwise having it on all the time would suck the battery. :)

but then, i must leave always gps on? this would drain the battery. i'm wrong?

Guest t0mm13b

but then, i must leave always gps on? this would drain the battery. i'm wrong?

No.

Not unless you're using a application that uses GPS, as like I have said - it is used on demand when the need arises. :)

For example, you have it active, then load up Maps, then GPS is used. When you exit Maps or put it in the background GPS is de-activated until you bring it to the foreground again :)