[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest couam

Hi,

First, thanks to Burstlam and all the developers for their incredible work, you rock !

That said here's my first experience with this rom in the 6.1fix version on a "classic" blade with oled screen, 3mp camera and 160mb system partition. (French language)

+the rom is smooth and fast

+No reboot since install (1day)

+No problem with big fat app like game

+-No black screen on call, but the screen awake ~1 second after the ring

+-As advertise, camera and his preview work OK, not the video.

-Wifi has been a little problematic at first, some on/off switch later it work fine. Also it seem there is 2 old ssid already in memory with strange characters (Chinese ?)

-Voice command doesn't seem to work. (gapps_ics_4.0.4-fix.zip)

At the end i was thinking to just give a shot at ICS and finally it's totally usable and I keep it.

Thanks again !

Guest thewild
+-No black screen on call, but the screen awake ~1 second after the ring

Yes, I see that too.

There is also a strange "zoom out" effect when leaving the home screen for the app drawer for intance, or when launching an app. The current screen seems to move a bit away from the user, then the app drawer launches. Very strange.

-Voice command doesn't seem to work. (gapps_ics_4.0.4-fix.zip)

These gapps are a "minimal" version. Some apps are removed, like voice action, voice search, etc...

Guest masterlud

Pre-CM9-AOKP-REMIX-RC6.2-BLADE-full-signed is great everything works perfectly, no more black screen when a call. burstlam you are the best , now remains only to fix the video recording, and this rum will be rock :D

Guest hankhandsome

i've found one issue though. i have some pictures stored in my gallery folder and not all of them are displaying. i've checked the file extension, picture size e.t.c.. and the ones that don't display are the same as ones that do.

i've moved some of the pictures from one folder to another as well and it doesn't seem to write the changes as when i unplug the USB cable and unmount the drive, it just comes up as the same pictures in the same folders..

*edit*

scratch that, i've just solved it - i accessed the pictures through the file manager and gallery now likes them

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest jeddy1

its great rom

when i enabled weather from rom control ,rom control stopped working

rebooted and its not showing the weather

just saying :)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest masterlud

after 3 pictures, the camera is completely broken, freezes and does not work. of Pre-CM9-AOKP-REMIX-RC6.1-BLADE-full-signed the camera works fine but the screen is black during a call. of Pre-CM9-AOKP-REMIX-RC6.2-BLADE-full-signed screen works well, but the camera does not work

Guest vNa5h
Yes, I see that too.

There is also a strange "zoom out" effect when leaving the home screen for the app drawer for intance, or when launching an app. The current screen seems to move a bit away from the user, then the app drawer launches. Very strange.

These gapps are a "minimal" version. Some apps are removed, like voice action, voice search, etc...
Me too noticed the ugly zoom out effect....please fix thisSwyped on my Blade using Tapatalk 2

Guest masterlud

why we do not have luck to get a stable Rom which all his work :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Edited by masterlud

Guest unmukt

The video may never be corrected, because the adrenal has to release some files ...But when I watch a video it still hangs, does not run smooth, that someday will be correct?And I had tested a basic game, the Angry birds and did not work, will have a solution?

I have been playing angry birds space , gun and blood as well as fifa 2012 without any issues.

Guest azidhaka

Having problems with the wireless - i have to enable and disable it twice to see any networks and connect to them. When first enabled, two networks appear with their names a symbol looking like "r", but upside-down and no connection is produced. Disable and re-enable does the job. That's on a Gen2 European Blade with 6.2.

Also with "Auto brightness" on, the screen dims, but never returns to bright state when exposed to stronger light.

Other than that - very fast and smooth ROM, works better than CFX on my blade. Thanks, Burstlam!

Edited by azidhaka

Guest axebarauna
Having problems with the wireless - i have to enable and disable it twice to see any networks and connect to them. When first enabled, two networks appear with their names a symbol looking like "r", but upside-down and no connection is produced. Disable and re-enable does the job. That's on a Gen2 European Blade with 6.2.

I've also got this issue on this ROM

Guest Anchemis

Great work Burstlam!

Great stable ROM, most things work and the proximity sensor cal / callscreen bug is fixed (somewhat... still a second slower to appear when someone rings).

One minor issue I've found is the BT profile appears to be incorrect.

BT pairing works etc. but other BT devices don't seem to recognise the blade as a phone

I've tried it on both my MW600 and computer (where it shows up as other BT device)

Its a minor issue since, A2DP and AVRCP etc. nevertheless works

Thanks again Burstlam and keep up the good work!

Guest Rockas

[Devs] please someone look into this:http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1621808

It may help solve bat drain??

I tried it with 6.2 couldn't make it work... but it was just a quick test.

Anyway... first run it went until launcher start but nothing else loaded... i was able to unlock the SIM card.

restarted and it never passed the boot animation.

Maybe later with more time and patience I can read the whole thread and give it another try.

Guest emajar

I tried it with 6.2 couldn't make it work... but it was just a quick test.

Anyway... first run it went until launcher start but nothing else loaded... i was able to unlock the SIM card.

restarted and it never passed the boot animation.

Maybe later with more time and patience I can read the whole thread and give it another try.

Thats great maybe we need to change something in the code for our device. Pls someone else try?