[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest Droopy_be

I have installed 6.3 on my ZTE Blade, all works fine except the wifi ! I can't enable wifi.

If I reinstall a previous CM7, wifi works fine

Edited by Droopy_be

Guest markitj

h/w vedio decoding..anyone..is it working on this rom..

Youtube HQ is still the same..I think that there is a little improvement but still need improvement.. :) but 6.3fix is a very good rom.. ;)

Guest Droopy_be

I have installed 6.3 on my ZTE Blade, all works fine except the wifi ! I can't enable wifi.

If I reinstall a previous CM7, wifi works fine

If I install the 6.1fix, I can enable wifi, but I can't connect a secured wifi (not tested to an open wifi).

Is it possible to disable the sound during 6.3 startup.

Guest d_borghi

i'm very happy for this ics version on my chinese zte blade.

some question:

1) 2g toggle don't work: i must always check manually into preferences;

2) tweak up: every settings i do, after a reboot disappear;

3) i use link2sd; every reboot link2sd doesn't mount sd and ask me too choose "fast reboot": after that all works fine.

tnx

db

Update:

1) i'm waiting for some answer

2) idem

3) i re-create script and all works fine

Bye

Db

Guest shaanbhaya

thanx markitj...dnt think i will change frm coldfusion then ....as the smoothness of cfx is far better than 6.1 havent tried 6.2 or .3 though....

Guest matcho13579

my OSF cannot connect to my home Wi-Fi network...what's wrong?

EDIT//after few restarts my phone finally connects to wi-fi, so forget it

Edited by matcho13579

Guest staud

@jeddy: the tik can be disabled in the audio settings.

I've been running RC6.3 for almost a day and these are some issues I've encountered:

- wi-fi sometimes stops working though the status bar symbol shows up as active

- 2 reboots when I did some system settings. I guess one was related to trebuchet launcher settings. But when I tried to enter those settings later it worked.

- bug: the softbuttons navbar height cannot be set to 0 when ROM control language is German. I coincidently found out that 0 only shows up as an option when English is chosen.

- app installation "over the air" via desktop play store (pretty handy thing) doesn't work. download does not begin on the phone.

My major problem at the moment: yesterday night google account sync worked without problems . Today I had immediately an error which doesn't go away. "Sync is currently experiencing problmens. It will be back shortly." In the sync settings, next to the com.calendar entry the sync symbol has an exclamation mark. I tried to delete the calendar storage as known from gingerbread but it doesn't show up in the "all" tab under "manage apps". Is the calendar storage app not part of ICS? Neither force sync nor clear data in the calendar (not storage) app helped. Any ideas? I DO miss my calendar :(

EDIT: Even now, after restoring a nandroid backup which I had made 12 hours ago, the calendar is still broken! But I'm sure that it had worked when I made the backup. How's that possible? Please help me!

Apart from that, everything seems to be fine!

Smooth UI. Camera works, bluetooth and gps as well.

Battery drain seems to be awesome! I only had a huge drain of about 20 % when testing the stock nav app with gps during a short 20 minutes car drive.

Question to burstlam: The new CM9 nightlys contain the theme engine. Are you planning to embed this to one of your next updates?

Edited by staud

Guest hankhandsome

i realised that when i tried to take 1080p pictures in the camera, this is what caused the force closes - it appears to work ok with 720p and 3mp at least so i'm ok with that.

i also managed to get the stock email client and clock working fine as well - i think my mistake was trying to restore the email and alarm data from CM7 - i think the conflict caused it to FC

Guest .Xam

- bug: the softbuttons navbar height cannot be set to 0 when ROM control language is German. I coincidently found out that 0 only shows up as an option when English is chosen.

- app installation "over the air" via desktop play store (pretty handy thing) doesn't work. download does not begin on the phone

App "over the air" installation works fine at my blade.

Why should you set height to 0?

Edited by .Xam

Guest markitj
thanx markitj...dnt think i will change frm coldfusion then ....as the smoothness of cfx is far better than 6.1 havent tried 6.2 or .3 though....

I can tell you that there is no difference in smoothness now btw cfx and 6.3fix..they are prety much the same now except costumisation with this rom..;) because of that i prefer now 6.3fix over cfx..:)

Edited by markitj

Guest staud

App "over the air" installation works fine at my blade.

Why should you set height to 0?

To get rid of the navbar ;-)

Anyone else having problems with Google calendar sync? Maybe my issue has nothing to do with the ROM or my device but is Google related ? Even a nandroid backup did not help me, that's why I guess so... Any ideas?

Guest d_borghi

To get rid of the navbar ;-)

Anyone else having problems with Google calendar sync? Maybe my issue has nothing to do with the ROM or my device but is Google related ? Even a nandroid backup did not help me, that's why I guess so... Any ideas?

no,, for me all work fine.

chinese zte blade

db

Guest jerrin

Had to switch to Nova launcher on my Idea Zte Blade as default one is too laggy. Also battery doesn't seem to last enough. But quite usable, great work man.

Guest Steve Jobs

The 6.3 ROm is Awsome! But I only have 2 issues:

1) The Phone randomly reboots sometimes..

2) Battery goes as fast as a taxi fare meter!

But the AOKP is awesome! nd awesome job getting camera and other fixes! If u could do sumthing abt these issues it would be gr8!

Guest markitj

6.3 fix..

there is a new menu;THEME but its FC when click.. this is here by mistake?? anyone else got this??

Same here..

Guest Rockas

My KANGs already got similar tricks in sysctl.conf (not everything include but I think it is fine.)

oh... I was hoping that could improve the battery duration.