[2012 Nov 4th][ICS] BETA ROM: AOKP-CM9 Remix RC 7.1.0

Guest burstlam

Guest Cata_Simi

Yeah I've tried 6.4 too and I experienced a lot more FC's than 6.3, auto brightness didn't work camera FCing alot, one unexpected reboot and reflashed back 6.3. good luck!

Edit: it wasn't a fresh one, just wiped dalvik cache same way as 6.3 and worked well there

I see no diference between them, i dont use theme manager or sth, and i didn't hesitate just flshed back what seemed better

Edited by Cata_Simi

Guest jeddy1

Yeah I've tried 6.4 too and I experienced a lot more FC's than 6.3, auto brightness didn't work camera FCing alot, one unexpected reboot and reflashed back 6.3. good luck!

that was a fresh install or just u updated ?

Guest emajar

Am running 6.4 so far stable no FC on laucher as was on 6.3. I seem to have better luck even though bootlooped 1st flashed so reflashed!

Guest d_borghi

Edit: it wasn't a fresh one, just wiped dalvik cache same way as 6.3 and worked well there

sorry for my ignorance, but what does it mean "FC"???

tnx

bye

db

Guest hankhandsome

i think there's a problem .. i've tried to connect via USB mass storage mode to copy some music on to the phone and each time i press the button to turn it on, it FC's with "Unfortunately UI has stopped"

i'm just in the middle of rebooting to see if that fixes the problem so i'll update if so

*edit*

rebooted, cleared dalvik + normal cache (just for the hell of it) and it has indeed fixed the problem.

Edited by hankhandsome

Guest makm777

Just flashed the 6.5 without full wipe (just cache and dalvik). Everithing works fine, the major part of existing FCs and rebootes was fixed, the UI is much smoother, call wake up screen fixed as well, Themes now work! Thank You, Burstlam, very nice work! Please, don't stop, we're still waiting for updates. Good luck!

Guest Rockas

Can you guys give some feedback about battery usage as soon as you have some experience with it and if possible, a comparation with CM7?

Guest mitchde

to CM7:

- Videorecorder + Videoplayback(HQ) dont work(very slow). OpenGL(games) little slower but working. Camera sometimes limited to 3MP. You need much bigger system partition , best is standard 220MB. 160 MB no way, some running CM9 on 190 MB with slimmed(uncomplete) gapps. Better use 220MB standard part + Link2SD or A2SD (with ext3/4 extra part on SD) to save some Data MB on internal memory.

+ Browser 4.x faster than Browser CM 7 - battery usage same (if no bug) as CM7.

+ I like CM9 as allday usage since a few weeks.

Guest makm777

Can you guys give some feedback about battery usage as soon as you have some experience with it and if possible, a comparation with CM7?

For my point, the same...1-2 days normal usage or around 4-5 hours of active WiFi internet surfing or about 4 h GPS...but everything depends on how do you torment him:)

Guest emajar

Just flashed the 6.5 without full wipe (just cache and dalvik). Everithing works fine, the major part of existing FCs and rebootes was fixed, the UI is much smoother, call wake up screen fixed as well, Themes now work! Thank You, Burstlam, very nice work! Please, don't stop, we're still waiting for updates. Good luck!

+1

using 6.5 3 hours now. more stability achieved! this Rom rocks by the time we are 8.0 I think its should drop the RC prefix. we only need FM to work and Its close to Official ZTE ICS.

Guest hankhandsome

160 MB no way, some running CM9 on 190 MB with slimmed(uncomplete) gapps.

I had this running on a 160mb partition with zero issues and MORE free space than I had with CM7.

i've nudged it up a bit with TPT Helper to a 170mb partition and it's still fine so it's definitely 160mb yes way :)

Guest Droopy_be

Just flashed to 6.5, but I can't obtain IP address !! Is it possible to have different hardware for ZTE Blade series with different wifi & BT?

Guest droidolution

Guys im using a chinese blade from indian service provider - IDEA. It has 256 mb RAM which is cannot be upgraded to 512 mb RAM. All the blade compatible roms run on this smooth without any lags. But when i try any ICS rom, every thing is fine again except it lags a bit. Each time when I open any app and return to the homescreen, the whole launcher restarts which is really annoying. Is there a work around for this??

PS: no suggestions to stick with gb pls... coz ICS allures me a lot especially when it runs on my phone :P

Guest jerrin

Guys im using a chinese blade from indian service provider - IDEA. It has 256 mb RAM which is cannot be upgraded to 512 mb RAM. All the blade compatible roms run on this smooth without any lags. But when i try any ICS rom, every thing is fine again except it lags a bit. Each time when I open any app and return to the homescreen, the whole launcher restarts which is really annoying. Is there a work around for this??

PS: no suggestions to stick with gb pls... coz ICS allures me a lot especially when it runs on my phone :P

i also have an idea blade and using version 6.5 of the rom. while their is lag some times i had no problem with the launcher. you could also install nova launcher which i found to be faster.to reduce lag i overclocked to 691mhz and also made a swap partition hope it helps.