I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

+1

Camera pics to follow!

I believe 1500 mAh. Paul - please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct, 1500mAh.

It'll be like the Blade all over again. Cheap phone with decent specs.

Looking forward to the Perfect Wednesday ROMs :lol:

Not getting one Simon? FLB ROMs live again? :D

P

Guest FrankieADZ

It'll be like the Blade all over again. Cheap phone with decent specs.

Looking forward to the Perfect Wednesday ROMs :lol:

I hope your right about it being the Blade all over again....

hopefully we'll see some stella ROMs then :)wink.gif

Guest tilal6991

Adobe Flash support? BBC iPlayer working?

(thanks for the quick answers - really appreciated!)

Since it's an ARMv7 phone I'd be highly surprised if both of them didn't work.

Guest Dr Who

Yep, it's a decent CPU/GPU. MSM7227A, Cortex A5 ARM7 with NEON. CAF already supports the platform so it shouldn't be that difficult to bring ICS to it.

Does that mean it can do native Flash?

Whoops - a bit slow, serves me right for leaving page open. Can you confirm Paul re: Flash and iplayer?

Edited by Dr Who

Guest hecatae

what colour is it, the image on the box is the black version, but I thought it was the white version that was available through Vodafone?

Guest tdroza

I popped in to the local Voda store in Leeds at lunchtime to take a look... Was only a dummy phone on display but I like the size (compared to my current Blade). Very very tempted by this - I was so close to getting a Nexus S a couple of months ago, but the lack of MicroSD put me off (I have a 32GB card in my Blade).

This is pretty much the same spec as Nexus S (screen size, resolution, CPU speed, camera) but with Micro SD and GorillaGlass.

Think I'll wait until someone gets ICS on it though - going back to GB would feel like a massive step backwords.

Guest fattybacon

Think I'll wait until someone gets ICS on it though - going back to GB would feel like a massive step backwords.

My thoughts exactly. Must be because we are both in Leeds :)

I must admit I've got the 'fear' because Huawei have said that ICS will be available in the summer, to me sounds like it'll never happen because they'll have squeezed out a new phone in the meantime and will not be interested in supporting an 'old' phone.

Guest tdroza

I must admit I've got the 'fear' because Huawei have said that ICS will be available in the summer, to me sounds like it'll never happen because they'll have squeezed out a new phone in the meantime and will not be interested in supporting an 'old' phone.

You could be right, but tbh I'm not too bothered about an official ICS build - I'd rather have CM9 ;-)

Guest Simon O

Has anyone started asking Huawei and Vodafone for kernel source yet?

If he's still around then I fully expect wbaw already asked them yesterday ;)

Guest MrPuddington
I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

How good is the camera? I have the ZTE Blade, and the camera is my main disappointment - the pictures are just consistently terrible. Is this one good enough for pictures on the web or even some real snapshots?