I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrankieADZ

stop tempting me; I want to get 1 but just not yet....I know its not a question but...more an answer lol

hope everyone who's got 1 is enjoying it :)

Guest zerosignull

Thank you for that :D

I've compared the 2 phones U8800 and U8815

U8815 has an Adreno 200 GPU

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a7227a&c=qualcomm_msm7227a

U8800 has an Adreno 205 GPU

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a7230&c=qualcomm_msm7230

...interesting, it appears that the CPU on this G300 phone is the bare minimum of low end from Qualcomm :unsure:

And it also explains why some people are having problems running things like Adobe Flash, BBC iPlayer and CatchUp TV, the processor is not powerful enough, I can just about use those apps on my phone with only the odd stutter every now and then, after running for a while too.

Now I know where they cut corners on, to get that low price <_<

Its an enhanced adreno 200 not the bog standard one. Haven't actually found out what the difference is between to two.

Also the CPU (cortex A5) is a newer Gen than the cortex A8 and A9. It benchmarks a little lower but power consumption is much better.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest Sere83

This looks ok but tbh i'm waiting for the MTK MT6575 phones with android 4.0 which are about to take china by storm. This is a single core 1Ghz Cortex A9 CPU with POWER VRSGX530.

OK the GPU is a little dated, but these phones will be around $200 (after export bump). And suport 512mb-1GB RAM 5MP-8MP cameras and displays up to 960x540. This chipsets also powers on super fast and can do 720p.

Here's just an example of whats to come...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eiQJpYnz8JY

Edited by Sere83

Guest MLB1949

Paul:

Question: Is there a way for me to backup all my current User Apps, and save the zipped file containing them onto my SD storage card so that -- following a wipe/reset and flashing a ROM upgrade -- I will not have to re-download all my Apps from Android Market/Play Store?

I already own Titanium Backup Pro, but am not sure:

If what I want to do is possible, or:

How I would backup all my User Apps into one large zipped file for later expanding, or:

Where I would save the file, or:

How I would reset, properly, all the User Apps after a wipe/refresh.

Can anyone walk me through this?

A better way?

My alternative is what I've been doing: After the wipe/reset/ROM flash...I wind up going back to the Market/Store and just begin re-downloading all my apps.

Surely, there is a better and more efficient way?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated...especially, "specific" steps in the procedure if I am to use Titanium Backup Pro.

Thanks!

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Paul:

Question: Is there a way for me to backup all my current User Apps, and save the zipped file containing them onto my SD storage card so that -- following a wipe/reset and flashing a ROM upgrade -- I will not have to re-download all my Apps from Android Market/Play Store?

I already own Titanium Backup Pro, but am not sure:

If what I want to do is possible, or:

How I would backup all my User Apps into one large zipped file for later expanding, or:

Where I would save the file, or:

How I would reset, properly, all the User Apps after a wipe/refresh.

Can anyone walk me through this?

A better way?

My alternative is what I've been doing: After the wipe/reset/ROM flash...I wind up going back to the Market/Store and just begin re-downloading all my apps.

Surely, there is a better and more efficient way?

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated...especially, "specific" steps in the procedure if I am to use Titanium Backup Pro.

Thanks!

Somebody more experienced will probably provide more detail, but the basic idea of what you describe is achievable with Titanium Backup Pro. I believe your phone needs to be rooted for TB to work. From the TB homescreen, select the backup/restore tab, which will list all your installed apps. From that screen, press your phone's menu button and select 'batch'. From the next screen you will need to select either 'Backup all user apps' or 'Backup all user apps + system data'. I am not sure about the latter so would suggest the former, but others may be able to advise differently. 'User apps' are the ones you have downloaded and installed while system apps are the ones that were built into the ROM. I have read that it is inadvisable to restore system apps because it can cause issues, but I don't think that is what you are wanting to do anyway.

When you flash/wipe etc. all you need to do is download TB Pro again, repeat the above process but select option to run 'Restore all apps with data' (I think). Providing you tick the option to restore data if/when prompted, all your settings and saved data for your apps will be restored. TB Pro can also backup your Wi-Fi logins, but I forget how to get tot hat option.

Incidentally, if you plan to format your SD card then copy the contents to another storage device, because TB Pro does what you describe and creates an archive on your SD card of all the apps and data, which will be lost when you format the card.

Guest goodfella123

I rooted then accidentally removed the stock calendar thinking it was a vodafone one.

Can i do a factory reset to bring it back?

If so, should i do that via the settings menu or do it via the recovery menu (volume up when powering on)? Does it matter if rooted?

I have backed-up all my downloaded apps via titanium so will just get that from the market when reset is done to reinstall them.

Will i need to re-root?

Edited by goodfella123

Guest goodfella123

Is this of any use?

If you would like a copy of the GPL source code contained in this product shipped on a CD, for a charge of 20$ no more than the cost of preparing and mailing a CD to you, please contact [email protected].

It was in the pdf on the phone.

Guest Ubiquitoustastic

I have been told the Adreno 200 (enhanced) provides better support for modern instructions (kind of like the original 200 being Dx 10 card and the enhanced supporting Dx 11) but without great improvements in performance. I am not technical so I may have been lied too!

Guest Davidoff59

I noticed a post here a while back where someone said that all their devices seem to charge faster off the Huawei G300 charger. For those that saw this post and wondered why, or for anyone that doesnt know, or didnt look, or generally wasnt interested to find out, the G300 comes with a 1 amp charger.

Guest goodfella123

Can anyone tell me how much of the memory is available for apps?

If you get apps2sd from the market you are only limited by the size of your memory card.

Edited by goodfella123

Guest Davidoff59

Can anyone tell me how much of the memory is available for apps?

I think its 2GB of the internal storage that is available for users.

My phone currently says

Internal sd card, total space, 2.05 GB, Available space 2.04 GB

Internal storage, available space 528 MB

I also have a one GB micro sd card which is seperate to the above and I have 821 MB available on that.

I hope that helps.

Guest eLJay

I popped in to the local Voda store in Leeds at lunchtime to take a look... Was only a dummy phone on display but I like the size (compared to my current Blade). Very very tempted by this - I was so close to getting a Nexus S a couple of months ago, but the lack of MicroSD put me off (I have a 32GB card in my Blade).

This is pretty much the same spec as Nexus S (screen size, resolution, CPU speed, camera) but with Micro SD and GorillaGlass.

Think I'll wait until someone gets ICS on it though - going back to GB would feel like a massive step backwords.

Along the same line as my thoughts, tempted to jump but give me ICS first. I have ICS on my grey AMOLED Blade and it's great. I have GB on my Skate and though I tried ICS it really isn't cutting it yet and so went back to GB on it. This in Black (has to be Black anyway as just not a fan of white phones, my girlfriend ended up with my white blade) and ICS is a must as it is so much easier to use.

Edited by eLJay

Guest eLJay

This looks ok but tbh i'm waiting for the MTK MT6575 phones with android 4.0 which are about to take china by storm. This is a single core 1Ghz Cortex A9 CPU with POWER VRSGX530.

OK the GPU is a little dated, but these phones will be around $200 (after export bump). And suport 512mb-1GB RAM 5MP-8MP cameras and displays up to 960x540. This chipsets also powers on super fast and can do 720p.

Here's just an example of whats to come...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eiQJpYnz8JY

Okay I think you have me convinced here. What with only 2 touch points on the screen and the fact I already got the Skate, I know it's not as powerful and doesn't have the version 7 processor but until someone has a fully working ICS and with better things very close that may come out with ICS I'm just not sure I want to jump yet. 960x540, 1GB and 8MP please! Oh and HDMI.

Guest caballeropl

If you get apps2sd from the market you are only limited by the size of your memory card.

Apps2sd doesn't do anything more than system's own "move to sd" option. Not all apps can be moved and not all the data from an app can be moved. To use sd card for installing apps you need A2SD and that requires partitioning sd card and some other stuff.

Guest FrankieADZ

i have a couple a questions:

What USB does it have? same sort as the Zte Blade..or is it different.

&

What has battery life been like with it so far?

:)

Guest FrankieADZ

yes its the same connector as the blade but it puts out 1 amp for faster charging

Ah thats good then...means if i get 1 i dont have to get a new charger :)

Guest punjabi

Hi guys

Sorry to divulge away from the subject but I've only just noticed that I don't have any data connection when away from wifi...?

! I've Taken the phone out this morning and noticed that it says no data connection when opening YouTube or emails etc. any ideas...? I've already selected network carrier as automatic and ticked all boxes for data connection/roaming/always on but still no luck!?

I'm on T-mobile and I keep getting an error message in the notification bar saying something like data connection lost die to roaming...

Any advice would graetly be appreciated.

Thanks