Huawei Ascend G300 unlock

Guest gregorv

Guest feckineejit

Got my unlock code today but unfortunately i had taken the phone back before i could try it as i wasn't happy with the camera. For a 5mp camera it should have taken decent pictures, my pictures were all looking blurry when i zoom on them, and couldn't make out things to well, maybe just a fault with my camera, now i have to wait till friday for there next batch of deliveries :( so £7.50 wasted on a unlock code that i can't use :(

Guest NeostarNeko

what camera phone takes better photos? it's meant to be blurry when you zoom in, unless it's like that on normal photos in which case yea take it back

Guest feckineejit

what camera phone takes better photos? it's meant to be blurry when you zoom in, unless it's like that on normal photos in which case yea take it back

It just wasn't taking good pics, they even looked blurry and pixely on normal size on the phone, my san francisco takes better pics and that is only a 3.2mp camera

Guest Davidoff59

called vodafone about unlock. Said they have to contact the manufacturer which can take up to 2 weeks. I'm not sure why it's given straight away to some people but not others

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

It just wasn't taking good pics, they even looked blurry and pixely on normal size on the phone, my san francisco takes better pics and that is only a 3.2mp camera

Yep; it sounds as though you had a faulty unit. The example images I have seen on a review looked perfectly adequate and a massive improvement on the San Francisco. Shame about the wasted unlock code.

Guest Patrick73

Been to a local shop that unlocks mobile, he was able to gen a code from my imei but when entered the code the phone would not take it.

He had two different systems to use and it popped up the same code.

Does anyone know if there is any limit to the amount of times you can try a network unlock code?

Cheers

Guest Davidoff59

pretty sure there is a limit. I used an ebay unlock for 7.50. Paid last night, got it today. I had tried 2 free ones that is found during a search that didn't work so you have at least two tries. I'm sure I read a thread before that the number can be reset back to zero.

I'm now unlocked anyway and rocking on giffgaff.

the unlock code was sixteen digits long

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest Patrick73

pretty sure there is a limit. I used an ebay unlock for 7.50. Paid last night, got it today. I had tried 2 free ones that is found during a search that didn't work so you have at least two tries. I'm sure I read a thread before that the number can be reset back to zero.

I'm now unlocked anyway and rocking on giffgaff.

the unlock code was sixteen digits long

I'm wanting to use my giffgaff similar in mine anychance of a photo proof and the eBay item code.

As voda don't allow enough data lol

Cheers.

im keenly watching the xda thread. i tried the apk, same error. i replied to the xda thread, hopefully he will shed some light on why its not working.

edit: im dubious though, the bloke has only made 6 posts ever... and from the description of which phone the apk is for im not sure how he concludes it will work on a list of hundreds.... but fingers crossed

Edited by jt!

im ambitiously holding out. i feel the ebay market isn't at its most competitive yet. and with the current £ to pints exchange rate im not willing to pay at least 2 pints for an unlock code.

Guest dt_matthews

im ambitiously holding out. i feel the ebay market isn't at its most competitive yet. and with the current £ to pints exchange rate im not willing to pay at least 2 pints for an unlock code.

i like your optimism, however I'm not sure anyone is actually working on calculating a free unlock given the lack of info on this thread, might be worth foregoing those couple of pints ;)

Guest FrankieADZ

i like your optimism, however I'm not sure anyone is actually working on calculating a free unlock given the lack of info on this thread, might be worth foregoing those couple of pints ;)

Never say never :)

People might be working on it.....we must remain hopeful ;)

its the only thing really stopping me getting 1...oh and the lack of the about atm :)

Guest muppet&chums

Am I being dumb ?

I'm used to O2 who don't lock their phones.

So the G300 arrived today after Vodafone's own software glitch at cancelling the 1st order.

It is just a phone...I have no vodafone contract (nor any signal here, for that matter). I just use O2 Simplicity.

Can someone please explain why the OS requires an unlock code to accept the O2 SIM on a phone that I own?

Where do I go from here ?

Muppet&Chums

Guest dt_matthews

Am I being dumb ?

I'm used to O2 who don't lock their phones.

So the G300 arrived today after Vodafone's own software glitch at cancelling the 1st order.

It is just a phone...I have no vodafone contract (nor any signal here, for that matter). I just use O2 Simplicity.

Can someone please explain why the OS requires an unlock code to accept the O2 SIM on a phone that I own?

Where do I go from here ?

Muppet&Chums

erm, because it is a Vodafone subsidised handset and they want future revenue from you and not to use it on another network.

verified ebay seller provides an unlock service, see earlier in thread...

Guest bumps

the phone is exclusive to vodafone for 3 months so for you to use another networks sim you need the unlock code. many post here explain how to obtain one.

Guest Daddy Tickles

the phone is exclusive to vodafone for 3 months so for you to use another networks sim you need the unlock code. many post here explain how to obtain one.

Another successful unlock from specialize here.

I must say I am impressed with this little phone (which I bought for the wife), its so much better than my OMC - I shall have to get one for me too!

Guest muppet&chums

erm, because it is a Vodafone subsidised handset and they want future revenue from you and not to use it on another network.

verified ebay seller provides an unlock service, see earlier in thread...

Vodafone are going to get a SLAP.

They need to read & reread the Sale of Goods Act.

I have double checked with Consumer Direct. BAD VODAFONE.

If Vodafone wanted revenues from future airtime charges they would of course sell it with a Contract or UNLOCKED with a £20 SIM.

Because they are just thieving scum they don't.

Moreover, they cannot be even bothered to draw their customers attention to their sales model & processes.

I'll keep you posted (Vodafone with be spending 10 x the cost of this phone to sort this out)