Huawei Ascend G300 unlock

Guest gregorv

Guest Patrick73

Vodafone are going to get a SLAP.

They need to read & reread the Sale of Goods Act.

I have double checked with Consumer Direct. BAD VODAFONE.

If Vodafone wanted revenues from future airtime charges they would of course sell it with a Contract or UNLOCKED with a £20 SIM.

Because they are just thieving scum they don't.

Moreover, they cannot be even bothered to draw their customers attention to their sales model & processes.

I'll keep you posted (Vodafone with be spending 10 x the cost of this phone to sort this out)

Mines unlocked too and I'm on giffgaff now, also Vodafone told me if i don't like the faulty speaker I can sell it back to them LOL

Guest irishpancake

If Vodafone wanted revenues from future airtime charges they would of course sell it with a Contract or UNLOCKED with a £20 SIM.

Moreover, they cannot be even bothered to draw their customers attention to their sales model & processes

snip....snip....

Man....haven't you ever bought a subsidized PAYG...handset before????

You need a slap for being stupid!!!

You expect a £300-£400 handset for £100and use it on any rival Network??

What Planet are you on??

Guest Pondlife
You expect a £300-£400 handset for £100and use it on any rival Network??

I agree with much of what you say but best will in the world as nice as this is no way is it a £300-400 handset.

Guest Ubiquitoustastic

I agree with much of what you say but best will in the world as nice as this is no way is it a £300-400 handset.

Well if it was released 3 years ago it might be 400 :P.

My GF has just got a HTC One S last week. That is a top/mid range phone and the difference in quality and power is massive. However for what I use phones for this is more than adequate. I just resent paying 30 a month for 2 years.

It has been a model for years for phones to be locked. It should be remembered that handsets like this are sold with no mark up by the networks. They assume income from airtime and sales from their music stores etc.

Edited by Ubiquitoustastic

Guest irishpancake

OK...maybe £250'ish .....

but in Ireland.....

add about 50%....:lol:

But y'know what I mean!!!

Guest Ubiquitoustastic

Actually Apple still sell the 3gs at £320. That features a 480x320 3.5inch screen, 3mp camera, a 600mhz cortex A8.

In comparison the u8815 must be worth 450 :P

Guest Patrick73

Actually Apple still sell the 3gs at £320. That features a 480x320 3.5inch screen, 3mp camera, a 600mhz cortex A8.

In comparison the u8815 must be worth 450 :P

but the iPhone 3gs speaker works PMSL.......so Priceless

Guest Patrick73

Twiddling my thumbs waiting for an unlock...

They are in eBay mine was £7.48 and ordered last night got just before 12 today.

Works a treat in giffgaff. Even Apn settings app on Google play...

Edited by Patrick73

Guest Davidoff59

Vodafone must make money off the sale of a locked handset. To rely on the naivety of a pay and go customer to stay with them and not unlock the phone by other means is a bad business plan when the Likes of giffgaff have so much more to offer. most probably do stay in fairness but I as do others here know that there are much better deals to be had.

If you think buying a locked handset is bad, how would you describe Sony releasing the ps3 with certain abilities and functions as part of that sales spiel and then locking down those functions in the name of piracy protection. They got awAy with it Scott free

Guest feckineejit

Twiddling my thumbs waiting for an unlock...

Waiting patiently for mine as well as i didn't get to use my last code, because i needed to take the phone back :(

Guest paulus22

Got mine unlocked (ebay £7.48) worked a treat on O2. My only problen is setting the o2 APN - cannot find it in the menu structure at all. For those that have set theirs (ignoring the giffgaff app) How did you do it? When I go Settings / Wireless Networks / Mobile Networks I just get three switches (tick boxes). Where have they hidden APN's??

Guest Simon O

Moreover, they cannot be even bothered to draw their customers attention to their sales model & processes.

I'll keep you posted (Vodafone with be spending 10 x the cost of this phone to sort this out)

Erm what?

Vodafone, in fact any network operator, is perfectly within their rights to sell a phone subsidised by themselves for use on their own network locked. If you honestly think they have done something wrong or you can sue them (which I assume you are planning by your comment on Vodafone spending 10x the cost of the phone to sort this out) then you really are exactly what your username suggests.

Guest anglo

Worse, it's a renamed html file. I have reported it to the mods.

You got your wish.

That thread seems to have been pulled now. :)

My sons Ascend arrived late afternoon, time to have a play with it before he gets back home.

Edited by anglo

Guest Davidoff59

anglo, be forewarned that playing with it will make you want it.

'Sorry son, your phone hasn't arrived. I will get you another one tomorrow'

Guest anglo

anglo, be forewarned that playing with it will make you want it.

'Sorry son, your phone hasn't arrived. I will get you another one tomorrow'

Ha! I made the mistake of telling him already. It's for his birthday in early May. Both of us have San Frans at the mo.

He's a skint student and it's his BIG birthday, 2&1. So he gets an Amplifier as well for his digs. I haven't found a deal on that yet though. :)

Guest Frankish

Waiting patiently for mine as well as i didn't get to use my last code, because i needed to take the phone back :(

I ordered mine at 2pm this afternoon...wish it would come tonight so i can unlock!

Guest FrankieADZ

I ordered mine at 2pm this afternoon...wish it would come tonight so i can unlock!

you caved in and got 1 then ;)

do tell us how good it is when you get a proper go over :)

Guest punjabi

Hi guys

Been watching this forum for a while.

I got one for the wife and unlocked it using Specialze from eBay. Unlocked as expected it to!

I'm on T-mobile and all settings are intact, working just fine.

Guest anglo

Hi guys

Been watching this forum for a while.

I got one for the wife and unlocked it using Specialze from eBay. Unlocked as expected it to!

I'm on T-mobile and all settings are intact, working just fine.

How long did it take from ordering for specialize to send you the unlock? Thanks. :)