How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JackofHearts

I've been stuck in the part that I open install-superrecovery-windows.bat and it says "waiting for device" and does nothing? Any help? What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I have go to the recovery screen rebooted my device but it's not rooted!

PS I have gone to the recovery screen while still saying "waiting for device"

2nd edit: Just did it! Installed Huawei's Hi Suite drivers and it's all good! Rooted!

Edited by JackofHearts

Guest b4da55

Melbourne not sure if this will help but I've never clicked on hisuite

1 go into bootloader

2 plug in usb

3 click on install super recovery-windows

4 Pull battery and boot into recovery

Reboot

You should be able to see superSU

Guest bryfly

Hi, Was going to use this method to root my phone, however im waiting for an network unlock code from Vodafone, should i network unlock first or root first, or doesnt it matter either way.+ would i need to reinstall a rom after root? .....cheers

Edited by bryfly

Guest tonycoates2003

Having a wee problem with this, here is the cmd screen:-

C:\ANDROID\r1-g300-superrecovery>fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.su

perrecovery.img

sending 'recovery' (5074 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

C:\ANDROID\r1-g300-superrecovery>echo Now reboot to recovery to root your device

(pull battery, then hold volume up and press power).

Now reboot to recovery to root your device (pull battery, then hold volume up an

d press power).

C:\ANDROID\r1-g300-superrecovery>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

Any help please, with the message on line 4?

I have upgraded to ICS Ok, but to be honest, i miss the Vodofone apps, and Google Play won't work.

Guest tonycoates2003

Well I waited and waited for a reply. Well while I waited, I played, I found the following.

Someone asked in another post. "Why does their screen go pink when booting with both up and down volume pressed. ANS. Because there is nothing in the dload folder.......

I couldn't get any of the root tools to work. Eventually I got CWM, unzipped it, loaded the image file in the SDCard, rebooted, since then everthing root orientated has worked. So perhaps this might be of some use to others, who get stuck, not being able to upgrade up or down.

Guest JHsaucy

I followed everything in the guide, but i'm on the official ICS, and when i click on the .bat windows file it just flashes up then goes away, i'm a massive noob at this I don't get it :( where do i put the file?

Help out a poor noob :wacko:

Guest wrtease

if you are on ics the rooting is different to that on gingerbread. please use the ics bootloader and root then use the clockwork mod ,make shure you enable unknown devies and usb debugging .

Got it! Thank you very much...!

All credit to Yaff in post 179 and GB-UK in post 180 and those who helped them.

I'm going from boxfresh 2.3.6 and followed their instructions. What follows is shameless plagiarism with some extra bits thrown in:

0- I don’t think this is necessary but can’t rule it out as I did it. Connect phone to a PC and install the drivers on/from the phone.

There's a drivers folder with an .exe in it double-click that and follow screens. For this step (step 0) you want
USB Debugging
unchecked so that the handset will act as mass storage (select the phone screen option to
Turn on USB storage
) and you can navigate its folders on your PC to find the drivers, you'll find them in
adb_drivers
(it's within a green icon or virtual disk as part of the
Devices with removable storage
section of Windows Explorer).

1- Now turn on USB DEBUGGING and uncheck Fast Boot

Go to Settings > Application Settings > Development and check the "USB Debugging" box.

Also, in Application Settings uncheck "Fast Boot".

2- download the superrecovery file in post #1 on to a pc (need software like winrar), once downloaded extract the files in to a folder.

3- Put the phone in bootloader mode: Switch phone off, take battery out, take USB out (if connected) wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Hold the volume down button and press the power buttons for several seconds. The Huawei logo should not disappear, if it does you need to do step three again, but try holding the volume and power button for longer.

4- Connect your phone to your PC. Now go to the folder where the downloaded file was extracted and double click the ‘install-superrecovery-windows.bat' file.

You should see a black command prompt screen, only last a few seconds, says something like ‘waiting for devise’.

This is where i came unstuck - it hung on the
Waiting for Device
message - so now i had to go to

Control Panel
>
Device Manager
expand and right-click
Android
at lowest level,
select
Properties
, then
Driver
tab and
Update Driver
Search Automatically
where it then found
Android Sooner Single ADB Interface
Presumabley something to do with Step 0...

After that when i
double click the ‘install-superrecovery-windows.bat' file it didn't hang!

5- Switch phone off by taking battery out, take cable out too, wait a few seconds, put battery back in. Now hold the volume up button and press the power button until the blue recovery screen appears. The ‘reboot devise’ should be highlighted, select it by pressing the power button.

6- Complete, phone should be rooted. You should be able to see a SuperSU icon/app somewhere and if you try Titanium Backup Free app it should find root access when it tries.

W00t!

Vote up the reputation/post if it helped you...

Edited by ETDJ

Guest justcosmic1

I have tried all the above - and still no joy. The strange thing is that I seem to be having trouble getting/keeping it in bootloader mode.

Often once I release the keys it just boots in to Android - or if it does stay at the logo screen, as soon as I plug a USB cable in it boots into Android.

I tried continuing to hold the down key and that seemed to work, but alas no "SU" in apps drawer - so obviously it failed.

My phone came unlocked and with ICS on (Huawei ROM I believe)

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Isn't a different method required for rooting ICS? And is Fast Boot defo unchecked?

(I can't be sure but somethig named Fast Boot sounds like it might try to speed up the boot process and not give you the chance to go into bootloader.)

This thread, Step 2, Bullet 6 sounds like 'root ics' instructions to me:

http://www.modaco.co..._hl__ root ics

Edited by ETDJ

I have tried all the above - and still no joy. The strange thing is that I seem to be having trouble getting/keeping it in bootloader mode.

Often once I release the keys it just boots in to Android - or if it does stay at the logo screen, as soon as I plug a USB cable in it boots into Android.

I tried continuing to hold the down key and that seemed to work, but alas no "SU" in apps drawer - so obviously it failed.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

What android version does it say in about phone pls

Guest 2saint4u

I am on B936, tried to root the phone, but I can't

Turned off fastboot, USB debugging - on

When I enter bootloader (huawei logo) and connect the USB cable, I start the install-superrecovery-windows.bat ana I get this screen:

root.jpg

I try then to pull batery out, volume UP and power, and (once) there was recovery screen on where I've picked up reboot now option, and,.. after that I DO NOT HAVE SUPERUSER ICON, or my phone is rooted.

Tried to do IMEI backup, and the app says I do not have root privileges.

Whats wrong?

Got it! Thank you very much...!

All credit to Yaff in post 179 and GB-UK in post 180 and those who helped them.

Thank you ETDJ et al, phone finally rooted. Using your advice on a Vista pc it worked fine - only odd bit was that the usual pop-up when I connected the phone usb did not appear (but the pc did make the connecting new device sound & the driver list updated)

Not sure if it made any difference but I also checked phone was in google mode as suggested by warwound before following your guide

I entered the service menu by dialing *#*#2846579#*#*.

Selected 'ProjectMenu' then 'Background setting' then 'Usb ports setting'.

Now to try and install ICS http://www.modaco.com/topic/355583-guide-how-to-install-and-root-ics-403-on-the-g300/

Really new to this, have not used forums before but could use some advice. Did everything as instructed, didnt get a prompt to recovery mode,had to pull the battery booted into recovery got dos screen restarted found the superuser icon, opened that no apps present,if it is rooted how do I remove the vodafone rubbish.