[ROM] MIUI PatchRom RC2

Guest equiliym

Guest Rahulsingh190

Equiliym we have only few lockscreen available for LDPI....so i just tried to apply a lockscreen from the other theme i downloaded.bot then my phone got locked & i have to wipe data to make the phone work....so ....is there something we can do in case....if we apply hdpi lockscreen by mistakely.....to revert to any ldpi lockscreen without wiping data....

Guest equiliym

Equiliym we have only few lockscreen available for LDPI....so i just tried to apply a lockscreen from the other theme i downloaded.bot then my phone got locked & i have to wipe data to make the phone work....so ....is there something we can do in case....if we apply hdpi lockscreen by mistakely.....to revert to any ldpi lockscreen without wiping data....

sadly no, full wipe is needed >.> messed up myself few times so i know that pain :(

for such issues i suggest you try installing latest MiLocker.. im not sure how it will work on miui rom, havent tried but milocker from 1.4.1 (i think) and up resize automatically hdpi lockscreens to fit the screen.. however if you apply hdpi lockscreen via theme manager it will still mess up everything..

Guest Dabbu

hello mates, there is a solution of your problem, if u apply a ldpi screen lock by mistake.Only u have to do is call on your phone(on which u apply a ldpi screen lock) and press answer key (answer the phone) and then press home key with the help of this u will reach on home screen(after that u can dissconnect call).Then go to themes and apply different lockscreen.Good Luck.........................................

Guest equiliym

hello mates, there is a solution of your problem, if u apply a ldpi screen lock by mistake.Only u have to do is call on your phone(on which u apply a ldpi screen lock) and press answer key (answer the phone) and then press home key with the help of this u will reach on home screen(after that u can dissconnect call).Then go to themes and apply different lockscreen.Good Luck.........................................

why didnt you say this few months earlier? :ooo anyway ill release an update soon, im trying to get launcher a bit more in shape, got few fixes and all, working nice actually lol

Guest equiliym

guys, i just released update to rc2.5, changelog and download link are in second post but ill post them here too..

most fixes are new swap script, took it from my cm7 roms, you can enable, ill post how-to i guess, some png files have been translated, strings also so now phone and notes are fully english, compass has been resized, it doesnt look like an egg anymore, also tweaked/removed/added some init.d scripts so now with swap on and v6 applied you can have go pretty smooth..

## RC2 - RC2.5.20120729.195354

Fixed Music player album mask

Fixed FM colors (-= PAC-MAN =-)

Changed READ_AHEAD_KB to 4096

Changed prox_data values

Translated some png's

Translated some Chinese strings

Recompiled Settings

Recompiled Notes

Recompiled Compass

Removed some init.d scripts

Added some init.d scripts

Updated ro.build.display.id

Guest Rahulsingh190

Dabbu I tried that thing long before...didn't worked for me..

Equiliym ur rc2.5 update have a major setback..when I open Google play com.google.process.gapps force closes & something framework also force closes & when I try to call. com.android.phone force closes...plz fix that as soon as possible..& rc2.5 fixes slow boot problem ..that's a great work ...

Equiliym rc2.5 unusable...I am reverting back to rc2.4

Edited by Rahulsingh190

Guest equiliym

Dabbu I tried that thing long before...didn't worked for me..

Equiliym ur rc2.5 update have a major setback..when I open Google play com.google.process.gapps force closes & something framework also force closes & when I try to call. com.android.phone force closes...plz fix that as soon as possible..& rc2.5 fixes slow boot problem ..that's a great work ...

Equiliym rc2.5 unusable...I am reverting back to rc2.4

if you installed 2.5 over 2.4 it should work totally fine.. i did not mess with any of the things you mention with 2.5, i just recompiled 3 apps with english translation and changed few scripts

Guest equiliym

Many apps are not working in this rom.they are just forced closed like viber,mobo player,bs player,etc..

any solution bro

nope, thats MiCode's fault.. those fc'es are quite common, was talking with a guy from blade's forum thats doing miui a few months back, even he didnt find a solution to it

Guest equiliym

buddy is it possible to make a rom in which its launcher is spb shell 3D.because it looks so cool.

um.. why just not install it on a clean cm7 rom?

Guest Dabbu

bro i install your update rc2.5 and many of my softwares are forced closed (specially dialer) .I dont know why this happening with me.

any solution

Guest equiliym

hmm thats odd.. did you install 2.4 first? i tried it on my phone and it was working properly, thats why i released it :o guess ill have to do rev >.>

Guest equiliym

kk ill take a look at it then and make a rev 2.5 update these days

edit: can you tell me exactly what else gets fc beside dialer? and also logcat would be nice if possible

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

lolwat.. i can understand the dialer fcing since i translated contactsprovider.apk but google apps? try re-flashing gapps or something, try wiping data/cache and fresh install, i tried 2.5 on a fresh flash rc2+2.4+2.5 and worked