Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

Guest misterleoni

Guest Frankish

We can live in hope. Just hope it's pretty much stock ICS. I don't want too many changes although I don't mind their gingerbread roms too much.

Guest Davidoff59

Yeah I have been torn whether to buy another given my first phone issues. Would have bought one today but couldn't so may just wait for the Orange Santa Clara now which should be around the same price point or a bit more but with a 1.6 ghz processor.

That and Huawei being slow to release a fix, just telling people to keep checking their Facebook page for updates. Huawei have visions of being in the top 3 phone manufacturers. Lets hope they learn from this.

Guest FrankieADZ

Yeah I have been torn whether to buy another given my first phone issues. Would have bought one today but couldn't so may just wait for the Orange Santa Clara now which should be around the same price point or a bit more but with a 1.6 ghz processor.

That and Huawei being slow to release a fix, just telling people to keep checking their Facebook page for updates. Huawei have visions of being in the top 3 phone manufacturers. Lets hope they learn from this.

when does the Santa Clara come out?

Guest Davidoff59

Orange has put up the expression of interest page so it should not be too long. 4 inch screen also with ICS update to come. A similar phone although slightly different, essentially the same phone is currently on sale in India. It looks to be a fairly thick phone though but looks ok.

Guest FrankieADZ

Orange has put up the expression of interest page so it should not be too long. 4 inch screen also with ICS update to come. A similar phone although slightly different, essentially the same phone is currently on sale in India. It looks to be a fairly thick phone though but looks ok.

tbf...it looks quite good to me, doesnt look too thick tbf...about the same as the iphone as ive seen. what phone is it in india?

on the Huawei issue. I think they need to be quicker to release fixes...also..i think apart of the problem here was Vodafone in not checking everything was 100% perfect to release.

Guest tilal6991

I'm not sure but personally based on my experiences you don't want to make dev ving more difficult than it is. And when all other devices are arm you're going to find it difficult. Think of the arm6 vs arm7 incompatibility problems and multiply that by 10.

Guest FlatPackPete

90% of any apps should work fine as long as the dalvik engine is ported ok, and I'm sure Intel have done a good job in that. The issue is anything that uses machine code for speed, and things like cyanogenmod.

Most people won't even know it's a Intel processor.

Guest coupedummy

cheers guys,updated the software today with stock roms and sound now works fine..it also ditched the voda bloatware which is a bonus

Guest zerosignull

The phone has been out for two weeks and the issue has been fixed. Not sure what your expecting but you wouldn't get next day service from premuim device providers like Apple.

Guest Davidoff59

The issue has not been officially fixed. The fix is a leaked version. Unless a purchaser visits here, then they will know no different and many devices have been returned.

I would expect a phone to notify me of incoming calls and notifications, yes as first and foremost, its a phone and it's not too much to expect. If shipping products and missing glaring faults whether they be software or hardware, then of course they will get stick for it.

I have not heard a single report of tech sites who were given devices to test reporting sound issues so something changed between that time and the Vodafone release. The fact that both Huawei and Vodafone missed it is inexcusable. Vodafone have been silent on this issue.

Huawei are giving a possible time scale of a further 2 weeks. Vodafone stock has been returned according to the store I went to today. If it was no biggie, they would have continued to sell but the complaints have been big enough and public enough to warrant their return. Vodafone should be taking advantage of their 3 month exclusivity deal but have embarrassed themselves.

Having spent 6 years in Quality Control, I would never expect a customer to accept 'we are working on it, check back in a week or so'. That sort of attitude would have cost me my job and would have cost the company money in fines for any downtime incurred.

Customers should not be Beta testers.

Guest zerosignull

The issue has not been officially fixed. The fix is a leaked version. Unless a purchaser visits here, then they will know no different and many devices have been returned.

Customers should not be Beta testers.

Returning a device is the quickest way of putting a rocket up the ass of a company for faulty units and yes the end users shouldn’t be the beta testers. Personally I had only experienced the low speaker volume issue was not aware about the phone not reviving call.

Guest Frankish

There is no issue receiving calls I think he was exaggerating the issue. I've not missed any calls or texts prior to installing the leaked rom although I did sleep through one alarm out of about 11.

Guest FrownBreaker

90% of any apps should work fine as long as the dalvik engine is ported ok, and I'm sure Intel have done a good job in that. The issue is anything that uses machine code for speed, and things like cyanogenmod.

Most people won't even know it's a Intel processor.

That might be true for Apps. But the drivers and kernel patches etc will need to be ported to Medfield (the intel Atom CPU) and remember this is a Generation One Intel Mobile CPU...

Pricewise the one on sale in India costs quite a lot (£190 or £240 from memory) so the Orange version might cost more than the Monte Carlo. Having said that Orange are Selling the HTC Windows phone for £100 PAYG with a £1.50 unlock on ebay that has a good spec and aluminium body. - Shame about the OS ;)

Guest FlatPackPete

I can imagine from a devs point of view it might be a pain in the arse but if intel / google do a good point intergrating it into the sdk then it may just be a point of just changing a flag during compilation. http://www.android-x86.info/ has got a bunch of info for the curious.

The HTC HD7 is only £100? Can't find it on their site so must just be clearing stock.

Guest FrownBreaker

I can imagine from a devs point of view it might be a pain in the arse but if intel / google do a good point intergrating it into the sdk then it may just be a point of just changing a flag during compilation. http://www.android-x86.info/ has got a bunch of info for the curious. The HTC HD7 is only £100? Can't find it on their site so must just be clearing stock.

You are right clearing stock IN STORE ONLY nothing on line. Windows Phone 7 has issues as you cannot add memory via SD card, even though some phones have SD card slots ?!! This unit ships with 8Gig only so you cannot upgrade. Folk who have tired report problems even with high end branded MicroSD cards. Not sure why Microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot. The release rate for patches and updates is really slow. Makes the G300 sound issue patch fiasco look fast! 9 months + for minor fixes to the camera. Also Microsoft have not confirmed these pre apollo phones will be upgradeable so the Mango units might be cul-de-sacs but for around £109 and the cheap unlocks via ebay (£1.50!!) then it might be a good buy for a solid bit of kits with a new OS.

http://www.hotukdeal...-orange-1211250

- Windows Phone OS 7.5 Mango

- 1GHz processor

- 3.8 inch touch screen

- 5 megapixel camera

- F2.2 lens, LED flash, BSI sensor

- 720p HD video recording

More info here http://help.orange.c...personal/640739 there is a phone simulator link at the end (did not work in my browser - unless the simulator is pants like the phone ;)

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest zerosignull

There is no issue receiving calls I think he was exaggerating the issue. I've not missed any calls or texts prior to installing the leaked rom although I did sleep through one alarm out of about 11.

Do you know how to change the alarm timeout? Its really annoying that it times out after a minute.

Guest Davidoff59

I use DX Clock. Great app with loads of options.

Reg Medfield, Intel are trying to create market share. If its too expensive or at a price point of similar phones, people will go for the known manufacturer. It is also made by an unknown manufacturer. Benchmarks look good although it is an old chip architecture.

Guest dbaseii

You are right clearing stock IN STORE ONLY nothing on line. Windows Phone 7 has issues as you cannot add memory via SD card, even though some phones have SD card slots ?!! This unit ships with 8Gig only so you cannot upgrade. Folk who have tired report problems even with high end branded MicroSD cards. Not sure why Microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot. The release rate for patches and updates is really slow. Makes the G300 sound issue patch fiasco look fast! 9 months + for minor fixes to the camera. Also Microsoft have not confirmed these pre apollo phones will be upgradeable so the Mango units might be cul-de-sacs but for around £109 and the cheap unlocks via ebay (£1.50!!) then it might be a good buy for a solid bit of kits with a new OS.

http://www.hotukdeal...-orange-1211250

- Windows Phone OS 7.5 Mango

- 1GHz processor

- 3.8 inch touch screen

- 5 megapixel camera

- F2.2 lens, LED flash, BSI sensor

- 720p HD video recording

More info here http://help.orange.c...personal/640739 there is a phone simulator link at the end (did not work in my browser - unless the simulator is pants like the phone ;)

I wouldn't touch one of these with a barge pole

Guest FrankieADZ

on the speaker issue. I remember there was an issue with the ZTE Blade/Orange San Fran's when they came out didnt they.

Im surprised there isnt an update prompt when you get it new, as the speaker issue now seems to be fixed...I guess it could be something to do with Vodafone there I guess

Guest dbaseii

Can anyone understand why flashing the b886 rom fixes the speaker problem even after flashing back the original vodafone rom?

Guest toge64

Can anyone understand why flashing the b886 rom fixes the speaker problem even after flashing back the original vodafone rom?

really?!