Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

Guest misterleoni

Guest srgi

I return mine today, ringer volume far too low, useless.

If you have the phone, Just try spirit FM, I'm sure you find the big difference.

Guest Rednose01

Mine was bought in the first few days of them going on sale, i can not hear the phone ring if im out, yet i can hear everyone elses, so there is definatley an issue. The FM radio trick does indeed increase the volume but:

a. It looks stupid having a jack sticking out perminently and:

b, when you receive a call it auto shuts off the radio, so the volume returns to err,(normal)!

Other than that i realy like it.

Guest The Silent Man

I've experienced similar issue with volume level but only with ringer. When somebody calls me phone starts ringing loud enough but after a couple of seconds ringer level suddenly drops by approximately 50% and it sounds like it is dumped. This doesn't happen always, sometimes phone rings without a problem but sometimes this issue occurs.

I have no problems with media, alarm or notifications, only with ringer.

My phone is unbranded G300 which I received as a gift from a guy that works in Huawei.

Guest eirlysbill1

I'm wondering if there are louder ringtones (MP3) out there, that might help the situation in the short term, until we get a fix. On the Blade, I was using ringtones from an app called nostalgic ringtones (or something like that), and I seem to remember that some where much louder than others. Thing is, my Blades dead and I don't have the G300 yet to try it. Just an idea...

Guest Frankish

What's rom dump?

This is build number:

U8815V100R001C00B884

Have you rooted it at all? Just want a dump of your system partition etc that's all. It's a different build to the Vodafone one.

Vodafone build ends C02B882.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Simon O

If you can, root the phone, install Sebastian404s Clockworkmod recovery and make a full nandroid backup please :D

Guest kradcliffe

Read another two (quite comprehensive) reviews this morning and no mention of the low headset or speaker volume!

Guest Simon O

I'm thinking that the review phones have come from Huawei directly which would explain why the reviews haven't mentioned the issue. Unbranded have different software on them.

We need that software to compare it with the Vodafone.

Guest hecatae
I've experienced similar issue with volume level but only with ringer. When somebody calls me phone starts ringing loud enough but after a couple of seconds ringer level suddenly drops by approximately 50% and it sounds like it is dumped. This doesn't happen always, sometimes phone rings without a problem but sometimes this issue occurs.

I have no problems with media, alarm or notifications, only with ringer.

My phone is unbranded G300 which I received as a gift from a guy that works in Huawei.

Hang on, could you asked your friend for the rom?

Guest jezwelshmun

My speaker volume is terrible, been searching and found this forum. My first android and well impressed apart from the volume, so cheers to you guys working on a fix. What is the best Premium app that i can buy that will make a difference as a temp fix till a fw update comes out?

Guest FrankieADZ

I'm thinking that the review phones have come from Huawei directly which would explain why the reviews haven't mentioned the issue. Unbranded have different software on them.

We need that software to compare it with the Vodafone.

So from what ur saying then its Vodafone's fault :ph34r: ^_^ :P lol

Guest Modifoid

My speaker volume is terrible, been searching and found this forum. My first android and well impressed apart from the volume, so cheers to you guys working on a fix. What is the best Premium app that i can buy that will make a difference as a temp fix till a fw update comes out?

The Temp fix is :-

Install the Spirit FM app http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1059296 (click the top April 23 mediafire link)

then load the app, turn it on then and go to settings / Audio / Volume Scale / then put in a value of 0.01. Press home button.

You will need the restart the app if you turn your phone off or reboot it.

Guest Frankish
If you can, root the phone, install Sebastian404s Clockworkmod recovery and make a full nandroid backup please :D

Yes silent man do this.

Guest hecatae

where did you find these?

used Google, searched for "U8815 V100R001C00B884"

very slow to download, B886 is a Demo rom?