Huawei loudspeaker issue DEFINITELY software related.

Guest misterleoni

Guest Gary_J_Wright

to flash, unzip the RAR file, copy the step1 dload folder (that contains update.app) onto your sd card root, rename it dload then power on phone holding BOTH volume keys. will auto update ..... BUT READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN RAR FIRST!

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest bumps

Sound is a lot better but you lose the lockscreen and the pull down power widget

feckin you need to flash the vendor file too and you get them back

Guest dbaseii

to flash, unzip the RAR file, copy the step1 dload folder (that contains update.app) onto your sd card root, rename it dload then power on phone holding BOTH volume keys. will auto update ..... BUT READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN RAR FIRST!

mmm, got a pink screen. I'll leave it for 5 minutes

Guest bumps

you need the dload file on your sd card too made the same mistake, just pull your batt out and make sure you have \dload\UPDATE.APP in your sd card

Guest feckineejit

Got a pink screen as well trying to install vendor, should this happen?

Guest FrankieADZ

you need the dload file on your sd card too made the same mistake, just pull your batt out and make sure you have \dload\UPDATE.APP in your sd card

i think you might be best in kinda making a mini guide or something for novices :) ;)

Guest bumps

i think you might be best in kinda making a mini guide or something for novices :) ;)

ha! the rar does contain a very nice guide it even has pics ! :D

Edited by bumps

Guest bumps

found the first bugg with b886 rom. After you use the lock screen for the first time the 3 touch buttons no longer light up (they still work fine) . its fixed after a reboot

seems to have stoped doing it now and is working normally

Edited by bumps

Guest dbaseii

Yes. I found out that you have to take out your sd card and place it into an sd card reader and then copy the dload folder over.

I doesn't work if you copy the folder through the phone to the sd card (usb storage mode).

So I'm guessing that holding down the vol up down keys while powering on is a "get out of jail card" if you mess up the phone

Guest FrankieADZ

ha! the rar does contain a very nice guide it even has pics ! :D

lol....i think even tho some people dont look at guides....;) lol

Guest bumps

Yes. I found out that you have to take out your sd card and place it into an sd card reader and then copy the dload folder over.

I doesn't work if you copy the folder through the phone to the sd card (usb storage mode).

So I'm guessing that holding down the vol up down keys while powering on is a "get out of jail card" if you mess up the phone

i had no problems doing it via the phones mass storage mode

Guest Patrick73

I have mine updated to b886and seems to work ok, does not seem any faster, but at least the sound is good now.

Thanks everyone.

Guest hecatae

Looks like you have just found top secret Huawei property.

The file contents include test cases developed by the U8815 team and passwords for various accounts!

I cant believe that such stuff has leaked out!

did not notice!

Guest Simon O

I have mine updated to b886and seems to work ok, does not seem any faster, but at least the sound is good now.

Thanks everyone.

Patrick, do you have any issues with the lockscreen on that rom?

Guest Davidoff59

Still no info on what is different although people are flashing one or both roms? Some have B884 and some have B886 so can we post what's different in each. We must have one person with each rom by now.

Reg buttons not lighting up, I returned mine due to that and other issues. Just take care that its not a hardware issue.

Guest feckineejit

Mine is B882 and the sound is now working, i downloaded the demo file and placed it on sd card, but when i installed and let it reboot, the power widget and lockscreen were missing so i went to put vendor on but only got a pink screen, so i went into sd card and removed the vendor file and demo, and went back to clockwork to restore to my nandroid backup, but clockwork had reverted back to Paul's stock, so i fixed it back to Sebs and installed my nandroid backup, then when i rebooted the phone my sound seems to be all fixed but i'm on B882

Guest dbaseii

Suddeny had a thought. Not accusing the original poster for this. But how do we know that the files are not compromised