Protective cases

Guest teacake

Guest eirlysbill1

sorry lads, but how do you upload photos? First time in doing it. Just had a look and can't figure it out. Thanks

Guest eirlysbill1

here you go (finally) :unsure:

the first one shows the work that I did to make the power button more accessible.

Only one criticism on the Nillkin hard case: the sides are smooth, and its only the back that has texture. So, it still can a be bit slippery, better than without the case by far. But, had I known this before, I think I'd go for the ROCK cover that's on the sofiz site. I think the texture finish covers the whole case on that one and @ 50% off how could you go wrong?

Hope this helps

Edit: if you enlarge the third photo, you can see where the texture ends

post-907778-0-92465300-1338461553_thumb.

post-907778-0-91451800-1338461575_thumb.

post-907778-0-60976600-1338461593_thumb.

post-907778-0-90598900-1338461612_thumb.

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Smiff2

so umm.. what's a good cheap jelly case that doesn't cover any buttons etc?

also the CASESSSssssss deal even with 50% off isn't that great as postage is so high.

Guest eirlysbill1

Only one criticism on the Nillkin hard case: the sides are smooth, and its only the back that has texture. So, it still can a be bit slippery, better than without the case by far. But, had I known this before, I think I'd go for the ROCK cover that's on the sofiz site. I think the texture finish covers the whole case on that one and @ 50% off how could you go wrong?

so umm.. what's a good cheap jelly case that doesn't cover any buttons etc?

also the CASESSSssssss deal even with 50% off isn't that great as postage is so high.

Just a quick update, not too pleased at how difficult it is to use the volume buttons. This really shows up when you're using them for navigating CWM. I had to stick my fingernail in to make it go, and then I kept skipping past stuff that I wanted to select. Tried to open it more on the bottom side, with a knife, like I did with the power button. Got a pretty big hole now, but it didn't help that much. I may try to sand a taper around the hole to make the opening concave. In my mind that's how it should have been made in the factory. The thickness of the case is just too much for the height of those buttons.

This could be the same for all hard cases, so Smiff I'm curious as to why you ask about a gel case with openings? Is because the soft/gel/tpu covers hinder the buttons as well, but in a different way?

Good point about the shipping too; that's probably not half price!? It might the best pricing out there though?

Later

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Smiff2

it's a problem of many soft cases too that they are quite hard plastic and make pressing buttons they cover (usally volume/power) difficult - have had this with other phones and various soft cases. anyway, ordered the frosted soft case from UK supplier as singapore site will take up to 3 weeks, too slow!

edit: can confirm the one from liliamfashions is ok, buttons work ok through case, not sure if enough protection of glass screen edges we'll see. good service, bit expensive for what it is but that's fair enough from a real UK seller!

Edited by Smiff2

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

50% discount offer for all Ascend G300 cases when you enter g300modaco on checkout. :D

Tried to order, but the discount isn't valid anymore? How long was it valid :-)?

Guest Rico_89

Hello,

I got this Soft Jelly Meifeng Cover Case + screen protector from eBay for £5.49. The seller is from China but the item was posted from Singapore and it only took 8 days to arrive :) . I have purchased other stuff from Hong Kong and it usually takes about 2 weeks, so I was really happy with the speedy delivery. I can't guarantee your delivery will be as fast as mine but here's the link: http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_8117wt_1066 .. Make sure you order the right colour.

Also it feels like part of the phone and it looks awesome too.

1_r11_c1.jpg

I have this one from uk seller,arrived in two days:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-Ascend-G300-U8815-U8818-Gel-TPU-Case-Cover-FREE-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-/130700486867?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item642220f410

It fits perfectly,the buttons are easy to push through case.I like so much that I now bought another one in white,which looks very good.

Guest pritsey

My Nillkin hard case arrived today - pretty decent, but as has been said before it does make pressing the power button from behind a little trickier.

Guest Timeblast

Hi,

New stock of our bestselling black cases for the G300 have arrived and listed on Ebay and Amazon. Also new exciting designs will arrive tomorrow, so watch this space!

regards,

Guest weckl

I have good friend working in aliexpress.com

I purchase him the g300 u8818

Contact me so I can lead you to him so you get good price and confident shopping

Guest RussellS

Hi,

New stock of our bestselling black cases for the G300 have arrived and listed on Ebay and Amazon. Also new exciting designs will arrive tomorrow, so watch this space!

regards,

These are excellent cases. I got the black one for my phone a few weeks ago. Then, when I bought another G300 for my wife, I wanted a pink one for her. Unfortunately you don't do them in pink so I had to purchase elsewhere.

The eBay seller I used for the pink one was here http://www.ebay.co.u...9417990&afsrc=1 which is exactly the same case.

I have to say that both sellers were absolutely excellent. Excellent service, great communication and very quick delivery.

Guest FrankieADZ
Hi,

regards,

don't forget to post here to tell us when u have them up so i can look :)

Sent via Tapatalk & half asleep

Guest Smiff2

The 1st gen cases for this phone are lots better than the early cases for the Blade, which usually had holes in wrong places, buttons that can't be pressed, charger pops out because hole to small for most cables etc etc.. looks like the case designers are getting their act together :)

Putting textured sides is such a massively good idea i can't believe it wasn't done years ago (all the cases i got for Blades have smooth sides).

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Timeblast

Hi,

As promised, we are happy to present to you Glossy cases for the G300!

Some pictures here, for more check my sig. We have 4 colours at the moment:

post-784288-0-51080000-1339870009_thumb. post-784288-0-78170500-1339870020_thumb.

post-784288-0-89782900-1339870031_thumb. post-784288-0-42206900-1339870040_thumb.

These cases do not have the power or the volume buttons mapped onto the case, but the buttons are still accessible and easily pressed with the case on.

post-784288-0-88665200-1339870467_thumb. post-784288-0-95800200-1339870476_thumb.

They are on Ebay only at the moment but will be added on Amazon later.

regards,

Edited by Timeblast

Guest Smiff2

haha. just as i say cases with textured sides are a brilliant idea you give us a smooth glossy case :huh: hmm no offence i think the older cases look better and work better!

Guest rafaelkaiz

Just got iPhone 4 Soft Silicone Case From the £1 shop it fits Will do until there is a better one on the market.

Where I live there is an Asian store (actually many, in Spain there are many)

You think it will be an iPhone 4? :P

Guest FrankieADZ

haha. just as i say cases with textured sides are a brilliant idea you give us a smooth glossy case hmm no offence i think the older cases look better and work better!

i think that too. tho I wouldnt know useless I was given a glossy 1 to try ;) hehe

Guest fr0do

Yeah I hate the glossy! :D I'd like the matt/ grippy ones to be matt on the front too. you have any pull with these manufacturers? No? Ah well :D

Guest weckl

I have a good an reliable contact in chinese site www.aliexpress.com. I bought them the chinese g300 and he have told me today that he can get indivudal cases. Watch price there, youll very surprised cause price is on the gross but he can get only 1 . Send me private message and Ill lead you to him if you want to buy cases.

Edited by weckl

Guest gifgaff
Guest FrankieADZ