ClockworkMod Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

If fastboot does not work how are you guys getting clockworkmod on,as pauls super recovery gives you a stock recovery ?

edit: Its ok now,just realized frankish made a one-click recovery :D

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrownBreaker

Stupid question - can I remove CWM?

What if i need give a Phone to Service? Varranty is out?

Sorry for bad EN.

When you apply the stock ROM the stock recovery is put on.

Same when running Paul's root (That applies the stock recovery)

Guest nylacika

Hi! I need some help. I try to flash the recovery but I can't Would somebody give me the first command line? I mean from the beginning, like C driver and so on. My device is rooted, I have adk installe but I can't do it. Help me, please! It is my wife's phone and she will kill me!!!

Guest Smiff2

sorry, the blog suggests i can use SuperRecovery update.zip method (from SDcard) to install this, is that correct? would rather not install ROMManager if it's dangerous.

1) new phone

2) rooted with SuperRecovery from this forum

3) update.zip to install this CWM? Not sure if this would work but i flashed it using fasboot/recovery same as with the SuperRecovery.

4)Make backup

5) start messing with Root Uninstaller/Custom ROMs

Edited by Smiff2

Guest toge64

when i use nandroid, should i see a yellow indicator bar which shows the progress of the backup? because its not appearing on my cwm - it seems to be working, but no progress bar. any thoughts?

edit: ok just tried to restore the backup i just made and i got a error message

E:format_volume failed to unmount "/system"

:(

Edited by toge64

Guest Sebastian404

edit: ok just tried to restore the backup i just made and i got a error message

E:format_volume failed to unmount "/system"

thats a bug in CWM, unfortunately, what you need to do is goto advanced / reboot recovery and then try it again.

would some1 be able to answer some questions about CMR and TeamWin 4 me please? :)

What are your questions?

Guest FrankieADZ

What are your questions?

Will my back ups ive done on CWR work on team win?

theres another thread dont saying that back ups in teamWin dont save to the external sd...but there internal, is that true?

will changing to teamwin then back to cmr affect my back ups in anyway?MD5 sums and all that?

do i just use the update.zip for teamWin(already have CMR) and if i want CMR back use the update.zip for CMR?

thanks. :)

*sorry bout the idiotic questions.

Guest FrankieADZ

went ahead and installed TeamWin, can see why people talk about it, its really good. :)

unsure what to tick to back up my rom tho. lol

anyone advise me there?

Guest Sebastian404
Will my back ups ive done on CWR work on team win? theres another thread dont saying that back ups in teamWin dont save to the external sd...but there internal, is that true? will changing to teamwin then back to cmr affect my back ups in anyway?MD5 sums and all that? do i just use the update.zip for teamWin(already have CMR) and if i want CMR back use the update.zip for CMR? thanks. :) *sorry bout the idiotic questions.

The backs are in a similar but disparate format, and they are written to a different directory on the SD card, so best to consider them inoperable with CWMR

It should write to the external SDcard, Ive not checked out that code that closely but I belive it will default to the internal SDcard if and external one is not present (or is not detected)...

you can use the udpate.zip file for TeamWin recovery with CWMR and visa-versa, install it as if it where a rom.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest salah_heart

first i have to thank you about your great work

but i have a Problem with charging battery when i turn off the mobile and want charging it it turn on with recovery mod

hope you help to fix this

Guest schkinx

Sorry if this has been asked before , but could anyone point me in the right direction to install CWM in ubuntu ( linux )

Thanks in advance :)

Guest schkinx

Sorry if this has been asked before , but could anyone point me in the right direction to install CWM in ubuntu ( linux )

Thanks in advance

Silly me .. found it in the .. Help I'm New And I Can't Do... thread :)

Guest chohan01

Hi guys i'm a complete noob at this, i've rooted my phone following paul's instructions but i'm unsure on what to do. Can someone completely dumb it down for me?

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, i have a G300 which i have flashed CMRecovery on & also the modaco custom ROM, but i am still getting the low speaker sound issue....

I have tried restoring the original voda ROM back onto the G300 and this then sees that a firmware update is available but then it wont install the firmware update - i think its clashing with CM Recovery somewhere... so is it possible to uninstall CM recovery, i want to take the phone back to voda as its not working properly but the first thing they will see is i have CM recovery installed....

Its my first Huawei device, but i have had HTC in the past - so be gentle :)

Cheers

SF