Multitouch on the G300

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

How many points of touch can the Huawei Ascend G300 register? Is it also accurate, for example the ZTE Blade had a very inaccurate touchscreen when doing multitouch. it handled pinch to zoom okay, but when using apps or games where the touch had to be more precise, it didn't handle it too well. You can see how many multitouch points it has with this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=multitouchpro.tests&hl=en

Thanks.

Guest trueno2k
It supports 2 points, so that's pretty much all though i'm not sure if it's a rom limitation or hardware limitation
Well, that's a surprise!... My OMC can do 5 points, and it's pretty accurate ( not sure how accurate though )... Is this feature a deal breaker or not, it's made my decision, I'll be waiting for one the next 720p handset that's coming out other than the OneX and XperiaS that is... ;P

Guest FlatPackPete

My Xperia Arc S does 4 points and I can honestly say I have never used more than 2 (other then checking how many points it has of course laugh.gif)

Guest Patrick73

How many points of touch can the Huawei Ascend G300 register? Is it also accurate, for example the ZTE Blade had a very inaccurate touchscreen when doing multitouch. it handled pinch to zoom okay, but when using apps or games where the touch had to be more precise, it didn't handle it too well. You can see how many multitouch points it has with this app:

https://play.google....pro.tests&hl=en

Thanks.

HI

if you really want to know how it works, Here is a youtube video done by me,

Don't forget to watch or click on the ad it gets me a few pence, and no you don't have to buy what they are selling lol, or just skip the ad

Cheers

Guest trueno2k
The touchscreen controller may be capable of handling more than 2 points. It's something I can look into if and when I get a device.
I didn't realise you can hack a device to give it more multi touch points?!... If it can be done, it will add that extra value foe the price you G300 owners ;P ... Just wondering whether the OMC originally had a 5point touch screen on the original Orange stock rom?!... mmm?...

Guest Simon O

I didn't realise you can hack a device to give it more multi touch points?!... If it can be done, it will add that extra value foe the price you G300 owners ;P ... Just wondering whether the OMC originally had a 5point touch screen on the original Orange stock rom?!... mmm?...

It's usually disabled in cheaper phones at the operators request. The drivers for the touchscreen may support more but we won't know until Huawei release the code for the kernel so we can look at it.

• 1 year later...
Guest grosbedo

The kernel source code of the Huawei Ascend G300 is now available since June 2012:

http://www.modaco.co...source-now-r591

If someone could take a look in the sourcecode and tell if at least it's possible to add more touch points, that'd be great!

As an example use case, more than 2 touch points can be useful when using instruments OSC/MIDI apps, or just plain keyboards apps.

Edited by grosbedo

• 4 months later...