Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest JHsaucy

Have no idea how to get clockworkmod, i've already installed the official ICS through bootloader and the "CMWEasyInstaller.zip" won't flash in bootloader.

Thanks in advance.

Guest wrtease

okay

okay from the start you use the bootunlocker when its powered on and in ics .in ics main screen.

second enable usb unknown then usb debugging ..

then use the bootunlocker to root then reboot .

after reboot go to superuser app and go to auttomatic response. choose allow

then unlock the boot loader .

then install clockworkmod .

Guest colin.bate

Hi guys, I'm currently waiting for my "brand new straight from the manufacturer unlocked Huawei G300" (that's what the advert said so it better be!) to arrive, I want to update it from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich but I'm a bit confused about a couple of things.

1) I looked around and found this update on Huawei's website, but I've also seen people complaining that there's no sign of the update, but that update has been available for a month now :wacko: Am I missing something? Can I use this update?

2) If I can use that update will it lock my phone again? As far as I know only Vodafone UK have this phone and I'm not on Vodafone

Thanks in advance

Guest veryold

It's my first post, so please go easy on me........I've just bought the Huawei G300 from Tescos with the double up vouchers and although it is a Vodafone PAYG , I put in my Tesco sim and it worked straight away, so I'm assuming I don't need to unlock it.

I've been an OAP for a few years now and this is my first smart phone..............I've had a read of this thread to fix the sound problem and get rid of all the Vodafone stuff but to be honest I may as well have been reading a foreign language.

Please can someone with some sypathy for the aged tell me in very simple step by step terms how to do what's needed.

Do I need a cable to plug the phone into my computer or is it done wirelessly.

Please help ..............Thanks for taking the time to read this plea !

PS........Do I have to buy and fit a small SD card into the phone at all ?

Edited by veryold

Guest wrtease

yes do buy a micro sdcard for it will be used in your mobile.if you read the pinned threads you will no what to do with your mobile.ask many questions and you will get a reply from any member .okay ps take your time have a good reead up first.

Guest johnpeterman

Hi. I purchased the phone from Vodafone UK, unlocked it, and now I'm using it outside UK (Orange network). It runs stock 2.3.6 B892.

Will I be able to update to ICS via OTA?

Thank you.

Guest johnpeterman

I'm in EU.

For the sake of it, let's say ICS is launched tomorrow via OTA in UK.

Does my phone still receive the update from the UK servers, or from somewhere else?

If from somewhere else, where?

Guest wrtease

no problem just keep looking on here .we should get a taste of what the uk one should look like.with the nz version once wee get the link ,some users will test it out to see what it does and bugs.

Guest veryold

It's my first post, so please go easy on me........I've just bought the Huawei G300 from Tescos with the double up vouchers and although it is a Vodafone PAYG , I put in my Tesco sim and it worked straight away, so I'm assuming I don't need to unlock it.

I've been an OAP for a few years now and this is my first smart phone..............I've had a read of this thread to fix the sound problem and get rid of all the Vodafone stuff but to be honest I may as well have been reading a foreign language.

Please can someone with some sypathy for the aged tell me in very simple step by step terms how to do what's needed.

Do I need a cable to plug the phone into my computer or is it done wirelessly.

Please help ..............Thanks for taking the time to read this plea !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks wrtease, but I was hoping that someone could give very simple plain English step by step instructions for what I needed..... The pinned instructions are way over my head.............Thanks

PS........Do I have to buy and fit a small SD card into the phone at all ?

Guest Dellboy2012

On huawei official site there are stock firmwares gb and ics. Ics is given as dload folder and that is fine, but for gb there are bunch of folders that I don't have a clue how to use. Can anyone help?

Hi… looking for some advice before attempt this.

I'm currently on Vodafone b892 rooted with Pauls method

First:-

Install b886

Do I need to root again now

install cwm

install b926

install b936

cheers bryfly

Hi… looking for some advice before attempt this.

I'm currently on Vodafone b892 rooted with Pauls method

First:-

Install b886

Do I need to root again now

install cwm

install b926

install b936

cheers bryfly

If you're on 892 then go straight to 926 then 936

Guest degady64

I am trying to do the reboot to install the clockmodrecovery but the screen just stays there & there is no change after that ... PLS HELP

I have some problem. When I want to reboot the phone present logo Huawei and after logo disapear, and the logo reapar and after disapear. The phone don't work. Only the logo flash on the screen. Can I fixed or the phone is dead?

I make the following steps:

intsall ICS var. b927 : http://www.modaco.co...u8815-b927-rom/

• „Download 'unlockbootloader.exe' and Run 'unlockbootloader.exe' and click 'ROOT Your Phone' - a console will appear and then close, after this open the app drawer and check that Superuser.apk has been installed OK, if so, you now have root.
  • Run 'unlockbootloader.exe' again and this time click 'Unlock BOOTLOADER'
  • power off your phone, remove battery for a few seconds and replace, then power on, and the phone don't open and he is not recognize by PC. I tried with Sound down or saound up, nothing. Only the logo Huawei which disapear after 5 sec and come again on the screen

Please help!

Sorry for my bad english :(

solved. Thanks Dan!!!

Edited by degady64

Guest BillBong

Just got my G300 yesterday so trying to get up to speed with things. It's still locked to Vodafone but while I wait for an unlock code, I'm going to root and change to a new ROM. I've got a 16GB micro SD card that I'm going to reformat for the G300 - what's the best approach for this in terms of the EXT partition?

Guest Jaisan888

install cwm

install b926

install b936

Please confirm if this is correct and not a typo; if it is correct, then can you link it please................

Secondly, has anyone have the CWM image folder date error ? All my CWM image folders are dated Year 1980-01-06.................

NB: This issue occurs on both of my HAG300s..............................

Edit: It seems CWM does not like the Date & Time settings of the devices the in 24 Hour format................................

Edited by Jaisan888

Please confirm if this is correct and not a typo; if it is correct, then can you link it please................

Link is here for b936

Edited by bryfly

Stuffed here need some help please, had it working fine from details page one, started expeimenting with Dazzozo repack , did factory restore, now have build u8818v100r001c17B926, this has 2chinese apps on, no facility for google in "accounts and sync", no play etc and when i try to update to the new zealand build from sd card with anything it comes up aborted, tried holding down + and - keys to force update this fails half way through stage two..........can anybody assist to get back to where i was?.........ps when go to and sys recov utility green man down with red triangle and black exclamation...everything says signature verification failed

Edited by bryfly

just force the clockworkmod back on and you can use any zip.are you on win 7 32bit yes.

no win7 64 bit, tried to put clockworkmod back on, didnt seem to alter anytthing, everything i try says failed signiture verification

Edited by bryfly