The ZTE Mimosa X in china !! updated 10/05

Guest zhanke

Guest trueno2k
WHAT?????? AUGUST RELEASE NOW????? ooohhhhh those guys in ZTE suck.Those release dates for EAR and MIMOSA X wil be total miss.I will get HUAWEI G300 instead.I can't wait till august for their phones.ZTE has really bad planning and timing it semas.First those phones were suppose to be released in MAY,then JUNe and now AUGUST? No one will wait for them that much.....what a shame :(
Unless the mimosa x comes sim-free, costs cheaper than the SD, & is far easier to hack & mod, then I would also have to agree with you, a totally epic fail!!!...

Guest juno106

I will get HUAWEI G300 instead.And it is much cheaper,and it has almost everything that I need in a smartphone.The only drawback is that it doesn't have front camera,but what the heck.....That is not that important for 100 pounds price smart phone.1GH processor seems enough,4" display it is not that smaller than MImosa's 4.3".........As long it has big display,not that slow proccesor,GPS,WI FI.......it has everything that I need,and the price is RIGHT...............Sooooooooo ZTE,your loss this time (unless they release their phones very very soon and with very nice price tag) ;) ....I'm sure that many other people think same as me at this moment.And that ORANGE SAN DIEGO,it seems a little too expensive to my taste and not that much power for the price.

Guest trueno2k
I will get HUAWEI G300 instead.And it is much cheaper,and it has almost everything that I need in a smartphone.The only drawback is that it doesn't have front camera,but what the heck.....That is not that important for 100 pounds price smart phone.1GH processor seems enough,4" display it is not that smaller than MImosa's 4.3".........As long it has big display,not that slow proccesor,GPS,WI FI.......it has everything that I need,and the price is RIGHT...............Sooooooooo ZTE,your loss this time (unless they release their phones very very soon and with very nice price tag) ....I'm sure that many other people think same as me at this moment.And that ORANGE SAN DIEGO,it seems a little too expensive to my taste and not that much power for the price.
Well then, I've seen at Phones4u online site they are selling Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S for 179.95£ + 10£ topup & it's available for T-Mobile, Orange, O2, & Vodafone carriers/network... I have 2 say that's a bargain... Grab one whilst stock lasts (if you want one) as they won't be making any more as you should have already known this :P

2pence done :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest juno106

Here is what ZTE posted 3 hours ago on their facebook page:

" We've got a whole host of fun lined up to celebrate ZTENxtGen - the new generation of ZTE products - and it all begins Monday! "

So I guess,they are FINALLY releasing their new models.Let's wait and see for the prices :)

Guest tiN-naR

Great news. Let's wait. I was going to order Alcatel ot986 aka TCL s900, but I'll wait now. Maybe ZTE would show us something similar

Edited by tiN-naR

Guest tillaz

san diego has intel platform, which is x86, which may perform better sometimes... btw it also features hyper-threading. also, intel is clocked at 1.6ghz and tegra at 1ghz-1.2ghz. It has better display (1024*600) with gorilla glass (i dont think ZTE will include it, but it would be nice to have it), NFC, dual-led flash, dual mics (which, from the review proved themselves), microHDMI right on the device... it really seems like a better deal for me. On the other hand, the mimosa X could be better for games with the tegra.

tegra2 in the mimosa x has 2 cores running @ 1.3Ghz

the GPU is way better than what the san diego uses

tegra 2 scores way higher benchmarks

( i know this because my lg optimus 2x clocked at 1.3Ghz scores way higher, and this only has 512mb RAM)

it has all the above features apart from (1024*600) display and dual flash

but it has a bigger 4.3 display

when i say better specs i mean CPU GPU wise... single core is the past... even dual core is old now... quad core is the future :)

and the main let down of the san diego is the fact that it has the intel platform, which is x86,

its looking like a big challenge just to get root, never mind clockwork recovery...

its not looking good development wise for that community :(

Guest tillaz

So Tillaz,do you think that ZTE will release MIMOSA X and ERA on monday?

lol, no chance

there's been no advertising or anything for the devices, but that will probably start from Monday...

i think the earliest we see them in the uk will be mid July, early august like the zte skate, witch was also first announced in February

Guest juno106

It seems to me that ZTE has failed again......Most of the monday has allready passed and there is nothing published on ZTE facebook page about their next generation of mobiles........They seem like a really nonprofessional company !!!! Probably their phones are like that too.......Huawei G300 is getting more and more obvious choice as my new phone :) (unless ZTE sursprises me later today )

Guest tillaz

It seems to me that ZTE has failed again......Most of the monday has allready passed and there is nothing published on ZTE facebook page about their next generation of mobiles........They seem like a really nonprofessional company !!!! Probably their phones are like that too.......Huawei G300 is getting more and more obvious choice as my new phone (unless ZTE sursprises me later today )

they just posted this

ZTE Corporation

ZTENxtGen has officially begun! Check out our series of super fun challenges with sweet prizes like the ZTE V9A tablet....Don't wait, play now!

Page: 5,323 like this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not exactly sure how its celebrating there next gen phones.... no info on them at all...

zte need to give a solid release date for the ERA & MIMOSA X before people loose interest...

its just bad marketing skills....

Guest tillaz

Well they have announced the Zte Grand X LTE....still not seen anything on release dates, prices...fail.

yeah, its really bad marketing from zte... zte era & mimosa x should of been released before announcing more phones

any way zte consider there Grand series of smartphones to be there high end devices (most expensive)

here is the Zte Grand X LTE, its not really an option for us in the uk since we wont see LTE networks until 2014, earliest...

[media=]

Guest trueno2k
here is the Zte Grand X LTE, its not really an option for us in the uk since we wont see LTE networks until 2014, earliest...

[media=]

I thought the same when I heard from the Chinese girl said that it's an LTE smartphone...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Sebastian404

I thought EE where going to be launching a LTE network before the end of the year... who knows, it might become Orange/T-Mobiles first LTE device

Guest juno106

Their "spectacular" anouncement on facebook of ZTEnextGen.........came out to be RUBISH!!!!! I thought that ZTE will be releasing their new models including MIMOSA and ERA,but all they did was that they put some game with some PAD to be won.ZTE has failed sooooo much.I was waiting eager for MIMOSA and ERA to come out because I wanna buy some not that expensive new smartphone,but now I'm prevailing more and more for HUAWEI's G300. Zte really dissapointed me,and I guess you guys too and many many more potential customers.Really bad marketing and planning !!!

Edited by juno106

Guest trueno2k

And, pretty soon the Ascend D1 & D Quad will arrive & these will kick ZTE's ass hands down... Alcatel OT-986 or TCL S900 also looks promising as well...

2pence done... :P

Guest tillaz

And, pretty soon the Ascend D1 & D Quad will arrive & these will kick ZTE's ass hands down... Alcatel OT-986 or TCL S900 also looks promising as well...

2pence done... x53bAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

the Ascend D1 will cost alot more thought, and its only difference from the zte era is

the display, you can buy the Ascend D1 here http://www.merimobiles.com/Huawei_Ascend_D1_Quad_Android_Phone_p/meri4406.htm

also, the zte era is not even zte's high end device....

the ZTE PF112 HD is there high end quad core device,

also, the zte athena is supposed to be the new thinnest smartphone in the world at 6.2mm

http://androidcommunity.com/zte-athena-is-the-newest-worlds-thinnest-smartphone-20120530/

Guest trueno2k
the ZTE PF112 HD is there high end quad core device,

also, the zte athena is supposed to be the new thinnest smartphone in the world at 6.2mm

Any words on their arrival to the UK?... The PF112 HD when released will then be able to compete with the Ascend D quad but for the time being D Quad FTW... I doubt that the Athena will be arriving any time soon!... Edited by trueno2k

Guest tillaz

Any words on their arrival to the UK?... The PF112 HD when released will then be able to compete with the Ascend D quad but for the time being D Quad FTW... I doubt that the Athena will be arriving any time soon!...

i think $599.99 is rather expensive for a huawei phone, most people would probably go for a Samsung s3 or HTC one x at those prices

also, i would rather get a tegra 3 quad core device, than a qualcomm that the D 1 uses,

Nvidia tegra 3 is way better, just look at all the new high end games on the market.. they have optimised versions for tegra 3 to take advantage of its

12 core ULP GeForce GPU, also tegra 3 actually has a 5 core CPU, a 5th battery saving core...

info on tegra 3 specs can be found here http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-3-processor.html

next phone i get will defiantly be a tegra 3,

Guest trueno2k

So, no words on the UK release for them as you're only quoting a price in $ atm but I have to agree 599.99$ is pretty steep!... It would make sense to pay the extra & go with a nicer branded handset like the SGS3 or HTC OneX or the LG Optimus 4X HD... Lets just hope Huawei & ZTE are selling these at very competitive prices as if they don't I just feel people would rather pay for something more recognised & better tbh...

2pence done... :P

Guest tillaz

So, no words on the UK release for them as you're only quoting a price in $ atm but I have to agree 599.99$ is pretty steep!... It would make sense to pay the extra & go with a nicer branded handset like the SGS3 or HTC OneX or the LG Optimus 4X HD... Lets just hope Huawei & ZTE are selling these at very competitive prices as if they don't I just feel people would rather pay for something more recognised & better tbh...

2pence done...

i have no idea about the zte pf112 or the zte Athena.. zte say Q3 release witch is the start of august, i think

for the prices of the phones in $ just do a currency convert, and that will be close to the actual uk price,

i cant see that oppo finder been released in the uk though... just wish it was tegra 3... if it was i would be getting it imported right now lol