[Recovery] TeamWin OpenRecovery [Updated - 08/05]

Guest tilal6991

Guest nathanmarck

Is backup of sd ext good now?

I have no idea if I'm completley honest with you, I finished this all at about 5AM so I only really tested USB mounting and made sure the colours were okay.

Guest unomesmo

TWRP v.2.1.8 (blue version) fails making a Backup. It stopped after system section and restarted itself. Doesn't make the backup of the other sections (cache, recovery,data...)

Install works fine. Mount USB works fine.

Guest nathanmarck

TWRP v.2.1.8 (blue version) fails making a Backup. It stopped after system section and restarted itself. Doesn't make the backup of the other sections (cache, recovery,data...)

Install works fine. Mount USB works fine.

I'll have a look at that now, I swear backups worked for me though.....

Yeah it doesn't work for doing full backups. I'm working with the twrp devs though to fix this problem asap.

Edited by nathanmarck

Guest nathanmarck

It seems there is some problems with TWRP when it comes to backups and sd-ext, One fix for this is to go to settings and set it to use rm -rf over formatting (That fixes the formatting problems. As for backing up? I have no idea yet but I'll have a go at fixing it.

Guest bAzYx

(...) One fix for this is to go to settings and set it to use rm -rf over formatting (That fixes the formatting problems (...)

The fix does not work when using ext4 though. But I solve it after using link2sd anyway...

The real problem is the backup.

• 1 month later...
Guest pctv007

For the backup, you can do separate backups, and then put them in the same folder manually, then you cant batch restore

Not so good, but not so bad...

:D