[ICS] CyanogenMod 9 for the Ascend G300 [LINK UP]

Guest tilal6991

Guest FlatPackPete

It's not smooth, trebuchet crashes when you access the aplication menu and still no bloody logcat :angry:

I'll try another launcher and see if that helps

Edit: I found ICS launcher floating around and that seems more stable, but there's no mobile data or wi-fi and it can't find camera.

What people mean by the backlight always on is the screen does not switch off, it just goes black, so that sounds like just a power saving issue

Edited by FlatPackPete

Guest Davidoff59

how do I fastboot the boot img?

fastboot flash boot /path/to/<boot>.img

The boot img is on my desktop so its the /path/to that im unsure of

fastboot flash boot /desktop/<boot>.img correct?

Guest FlatPackPete

easiest way is to copy boot.img to the fastboot folder and then go into the command line, go to the fastboot folder and then

Fastboot flash boot boot.img

I added the path to the adb / fastboot folder to PATH variable so I can call it from any folder

I've also rebooted several times and it does not change anything.

Tial is there any other way I can give you some other technical feedback other then logcat?

Edited by FlatPackPete

Guest Davidoff59

i will let mine sit for 5 minutes to see will it settle down as was advised for the blade.

So adb logcat isnt working for you pete?

I can only see one boot.img on goo ?

Where is the correct boot.img tilal ?

Thought I would join in the fun,now I have pc access :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Davidoff59

flatpackpete did you try another launcher?

you can drag down the notification screen and go into settings if that helps Tilal? was the log ok?

Guest Davidoff59

you can go into settings and switch on adb debugging. drag down the notification screen and go to developer options

Guest tilal6991

The gpu drivers don't seem to initialise so its running on pure sw rendering. The crash is because of an out of memory error. More fixes coming up but only tommorow as its late today.

Guest FlatPackPete

Thanks for the new boot.img but I still can't logcat *shakes angry fist at sky*

Starting to think it's my phone.....

I've got "ICS 4.0 Launcher" installed and that works, but the whole phone seems shaky, probably because of the lack of HW acceleration.

App's seem to launch OK, no FC's but I have noticed it rebooting if left alone for 10 mins or so.

Off to bed, back tomorrow....

Davidoff59 - If you didn't know, you can install apk's by using ADB install <<filename.apk>>, that's how you put new launchers, file managers or anthing else on there for now

Edited by FlatPackPete

Well this is great progress.....we are booting,which was better than yesterday.

Good work tilal,and you guys for pulling together and testing :)

Guest Davidoff59

Yes i installed apex launcher cheers anyway. I am getting 0dbm on the radio, cant see sd card,camera force closes etc just for future reference.

Reboots here also every few minutes but most apps seems to work ok. I set background process to 2 so will see how it goes with apex.

Edit still reboots.

Imei and all that stuff is showing no information. Im not sure if its connected to not getting a signal or whatever.

Edited by Davidoff59