TWRP ?

Guest domenico lamberti

Guest Sebastian404

Hello, what's all this shouting about?

The touch screen is quite dodgy on sf2 but not the vicacity (or is it the other way around). It works but it won't line up with the onscreen buttons, this is the problem we had with the kernel source, I went looking for a solution but unless I missed it, I couldn't find a solution.

Its not compatible with CWMR backups since they use thier own format.

Once I'm back in the US next week I'll push out some newer builds of anyone's interested

Guest Sebastian404

Oh also, I ported it to the Huawei G300 first, tilal encouraged me to try other devices, it's not allways possible to port to all devices, the v0' kernel source has totaly stuffed up the touch screen.

I working on cleaning up all my recovery stuff hopefully once I'm home I'll have time for more devices

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

We tried it before, doesn't seem to work all the time, I couldn't flash a couple of roms with it even though they worked perfectly fine with CWM

Guest fr0do

The touch screen is quite dodgy on sf2 but not the vicacity (or is it the other way around). It works but it won't line up with the onscreen buttons, this is the problem we had with the kernel source, I went looking for a solution but unless I missed it, I couldn't find a solution.

It seems to work fine on both touchscreen types, atmel & synaptec (found on both phones). Problem is nandroids just don't work. Was expecting it not to work with CWM nandroids.

Guest Dazzozo

Once I'm back in the US next week I'll push out some newer builds of anyone's interested

Both touch screen alignments require separate kernels though frankly on an SF2 I didn't notice the problem. The problem many are having is that it just doesn't act like a recovery. Some can't get it to install anything or even restore its own backups.

Edit: not sure if you're aware of this but fuzzra figured out the touch screen config values for the SF2, though it is toggled by a kernel config setting at the moment.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Titas

Well thanks for all the advice/comments. Daz; I downloaded fastboot-windows + cwm.img then (after Googling How to..) opened command prompt in folder but I get something like "fastboot is not recognised as a valid command or file....

Actually I'm not even sure I'm in bootloader mode - I selected it in TWRP & got green android/solid red led but no there's no indication that the PC has recognised the phone. :wacko:

Having come to a grinding halt once more I thought frodo's suggestion (Tx again!) of using the ZTE update utility would be more straightforward & it all seemed to be going well until I was asked to put phone into FTM mode :(. Mine goes to TWRP of course; does that mean I can't use this method or is there a fairly staightforward way of getting back to FTM? Seem to be stuck again now so would appreciate your help.

Edit: frodo - re-read your post about not using USB - do you mean I could flash the utility to the SD card & somehow run it from there? I think my brain's getting scrambled now

Edited by Titas

Guest BLu3HaZe

You could copy fastboot to /Windows or use the command prompt from where your installed fastboot is?

If you're in the bootloader, you can check in Device Manager whether the phone is there and what it's listed as. Shouldn't be an unknown device without drivers, I've used it only once though, will check and report back. I was hoping to use TWRP if it works properly from now on.

Guest Titas

You could copy fastboot to /Windows or use the command prompt from where your installed fastboot is?

If you're in the bootloader, you can check in Device Manager whether the phone is there and what it's listed as. Shouldn't be an unknown device without drivers, I've used it only once though, will check and report back. I was hoping to use TWRP if it works properly from now on.

OK - I did open the command prompt in the same folder (Downloads) where fastboot + CWM.img are. I'm guessing fastboot application simply needs to be there? (I tried to open/run it but it did nothing)

The phone did not show as a drive on computer hence my doubt about whether it actually was in bootloader mode. Immediately after command prompt I typed fastboot flash recovery CWM.img but it wouldn't run.

Guest BLu3HaZe

OK - I did open the command prompt in the same folder (Downloads) where fastboot + CWM.img are. I'm guessing fastboot application simply needs to be there? (I tried to open/run it but it did nothing)

The phone did not show as a drive on computer hence my doubt about whether it actually was in bootloader mode. Immediately after command prompt I typed fastboot flash recovery CWM.img but it wouldn't run.

Yes, it won't run if you double click it, access it from cmd. Or I keep all files copied to my Windows folder so I can access them from anywhere, both adb and fastboot.

No it shouldn't be shown as a drive, but ZTEHW USB Device or something similar, but that name may be for another mode. You get the point anyway, should be able to detect by /devices or similar switch (on my phone now)

Guest Titas

Quote Today 1.58 PM "Edit: frodo - re-read your post about not using USB - do you mean I could flash the utility to the SD card & somehow run it from there? I think my brain's getting scrambled now"

Ahha! frodo - I have finally realised that it may be possible to run the tool from SD card instead of the PC based online upgrade that I had originally downloaded. Fresh hope!

Edit/update Groan - still groping in the dark. As required, flashed image.bin to SD card. I'm supposed to select System Updates on phone & it automatically installs BUT 1. I can't access that menu 2. I can see image.bin file in TWRP File Manager but I don't see it when accessing SD Card from "TWRP Install menu

OK - SOS frodo! As you seem quite familiar with this can you shine a light into my darkness? Am I on the right track here? How do I run the update tool?

Edited by Titas

Guest Sebastian404

Those of you who had issues with making a backup, did you check you had spaced on your SDcard? I did test that and it worked for me... tho I'm using a standard device, not sure if you mess with the partition tables that might upset it too.

I've FedEx'd all my devices over the US so I'm not going to be able to test it till next week at the soonest, but I'm 99.9% sure it was working for me:)

Guest Titas

I have an 8Gb card with not a lot on it so space shouldn't be an issue. I re-partitioned (1Gb ext partition) for use with A2SD. internal/system partitions are stock layout.

Guest Titas

Daz I downloaded fastboot-windows zip & extracted fastboot folder. Downloaded CWM.img. to same folder Opened command prompt in that folder. (I have also tried moving both files to Windows & opening command prompt on Desktop but got same result which is :

C:\Users\David\Desktop>fastboot flash recovery CWM.img

"fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Before doing the above I opened TWRP Reboot / Recovery. That takes me to solid green android + solid red led. Then connected phone to PC via USB - it shows under Devices as "Android"

I've done my best to follow the procedure but it's totally unfamiliar to me & I've probably made some stupid simple mistake. I just hope you can spot what / where! Thanks again.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Titas, there was a package on the net which did everything and flashed CWM using fastboot automatically, you only had to connect the phone while in bootloader and install the *correct* drivers. Will make your life easier, must be at sanfranciscoandroid. If you can't find, let me know and I'll upload it. Just a simple automated script which does it all for you.

IIRC - Yes, "Android" must be the correct

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest b4da55

I also have file that you click to open,click install windows and it flashes cwm auto but only used it when phone was on don't know if it will work for you. Its called osf-ii but not sure how to upload it for you

Edited by b4da55

Guest Titas

Daz, The file I downloaded was fastboot-windows.zip. It contained "fastboot" which I extracted to the folder (it's not an.exe file - under Properties it says it's an application).

Blu3Haze - Thanks - I will have a look for it & let you know.

b4da55 - Thanks - sounds like we're a little hazy on how/whether it would work but good to have options. Maybe safest to try the above first but I'll keep this in mind too.

Thanks to all who are trying to help me out here! (gotta go now but will be checkin this stuff out later)

Edited by Titas

Guest BLu3HaZe

Well if it's not a .exe file but under properties it says Application, you don't have "Hide file extensions for known file types" disabled, but it is actually fastboot.exe

I'll just upload all the files you'll need in a zip after testing then, just extract zip and double click the executable.

Feel like playing around with TWRP, never got around to checking it out though downloaded, wish me luck :)

Guest Titas

BLu3HaZe - OK, sounds good. I appreciate ur help. Well, you know TWRP can refuse to play ball & I guess ur prepared for that. ;) Enjoy & good luck

EDIT: Whoa!! Found the OSFII file & ran it - thought it had failed when I got error "device not recognised"but when I tried to re-open TWRP there was CWM Recovery again!! Yipee!!

Not quite out of the woods yet but I'm back on familiar ground now & (fingers crossed) it should be plain sailing from here.

Blu3Haze & 4da55 thanks a million. Will confirm when fully operational again :D Restoring backup.....Restore complete.....Yay!! Thanks again guys - I couldn't have done it without you!

Off to open a bottle of something now & celebrate ;). I love happy endings :D

Edited by Titas

Guest BLu3HaZe

Great to hear everything worked well Titas! :)

I think you found adb push and fixed the issue?

I'll look for the fastboot one too on my other hard drive. For future emergencies.

Guest Titas

Thanks guys - really good to know that you've got the support of the community when things go Tit(a)s up!

frodo - good to know ur still around - thought you might have gone Huawei for good :P

Guest BLu3HaZe

Touchscreen gives totally wrong input on OSFII with Synatics 3000, reverted back to CWM through bootloader as TWRP couldn't flash anything.