MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X Tegra 3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: more Vanilla, TeamViewer QS + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

1st June

• Added an option to remove HTC Contacts to the kitchen.
  • Stock ICS gallery now includes a patched camera app so the thumbnail button launches the gallery. (more improvements to follow).
  • Added optional secure boot image.
  • Updated Google Plus.
  • Updated Google Maps.
  • Resolved issue with Facebook and Twitter Friendstream support.

Kitchen updated, new prebakes uploading now.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

great work Paul.

any chance you can patch the ics lock screen to go to the HTC camera instead of stock?

Will do, hadn't spotted that!

hey Paul, any luck fixing the PIN lock issue with the keypad not displaying in this version?

Sorry, forgot about that, will work on it shortly!

P

Guest carthesis

This is more of a general question than a specific one, but as I'm going to be reinstalling MCR now Friendstream works, this is as good a place as any:

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the default text size in the messaging app to 'small'? It seems to default to 'medium', and you have to change it on a thread-by-thread basis, every single time you open either the app or a message. It's bloody annoying!

*** EDIT ***

As it turns out, the MCR seems to have fixed this issue by setting the default text size to 'Small' in the first place.

Edited by carthesis

Guest dr_ysp

Hey paul, Sorry to bother again, Can I kindly request again to incorporate HTC ebook reader from earlier sense versions if possible please!!

Guest carthesis

Curious behaviour:

This isn't just something happening in the MCR, but again, as the MCR is what I'm currently using, here goes:

Any idea why, when attempting to set a new ringtone as one of the device MP3s through Personalize, the phone crashes and restarts?

As in you open the 'Personailze' app, click the 'Add' button which takes you to a list of MP3s, you select a track, then the phone hangs, crashes out and reboots.

Thoughts? Dodgy device?

Guest carthesis

Ho hum.

I'm sorry to say I've been forced by various little niggly issues to go back to the stock O2 ROM. This is most vexing.

I was having a few issues with the phone crashing out when pulling data down over HSDPA, most notably in Maps/Navigation, which was particularly annoying on Friday when I wanted to use it to find out where i was headed for a job interview, but a reinstall of MCR after doing a full wipe from the O2 firmware seemed to fix that.

What wasn't fixed however was the issue I was having with the ringtones as described in my post above - dropping the O2 firmware back onto my phone has fixed this issue straight away, no fuss, no muss. I don't know if this is something Paul can have a look at and try to get around (if he can / does, that'd be frickin' awesome as it means the O2 software can vanish!), but this was the only thing that wasn't working with MCR on an O2 branded phone.

Guest carthesis

Score!

I've since rebuilt my HOX back to O2 stock, and discovered that there were not one but TWO OTA updates waiting for me, taking me all the way up to 1.29...

Re-flashed CWM, re-baked MCR, ten minutes later I have a device that (seemingly) does as it's told!

Guest carthesis

Alright - one more quick question for now.

if one wanted to install a custom boot animation on MCR, where would one install it to?

Guest HighJack42

Hi all,

Before I flash the vanilla pre-bake, I just wanted to know how the softkey were mapped. I would like to keep the multitasking button as such, and wondered if that's what I would get with that rom...

Thanks a lot!

Guest 'sein

Talking about multitasking, is there a way of swapping out the HTC multitasking widget for the AOSP one? The AOSP one seems so much nicer, being able to see more than one app on the screen at once!

I also want to ask about swapping out the HTC in-phone-call screens with the AOSP ones - I presume doing this will also fix issues such as being able to see on the screen who is calling without unlocking the phone, and also answering the call with one swipe instead of two (one to unlock the AOSP lock screen, another to answer the HTC phone call).

But otherwise, great rom! Its the easy way of removing a bunch of Vodafone and HTC stuff that I don't need, and it makes me happy :)

Guest 'sein
Before I flash the vanilla pre-bake, I just wanted to know how the softkey were mapped. I would like to keep the multitasking button as such, and wondered if that's what I would get with that rom...

The multitasking button is unchanged btw.

Guest d-droid

Talking about multitasking, is there a way of swapping out the HTC multitasking widget for the AOSP one? The AOSP one seems so much nicer, being able to see more than one app on the screen at once!

I also want to ask about swapping out the HTC in-phone-call screens with the AOSP ones - I presume doing this will also fix issues such as being able to see on the screen who is calling without unlocking the phone, and also answering the call with one swipe instead of two (one to unlock the AOSP lock screen, another to answer the HTC phone call).

This would be awesome if possible. Especially the multitasking :D

Guest carthesis

Paul,

Some questions:

1) Where do we drop bootanimation.zip for customising the boot animations? I've tried in \data\local but it doesn't get picked up.

2) The HTC mail app seems to have difficulty in dealing with emails. It doesn't reliably pull down emails on my POP3 account - it is currently claiming I have no emails, after a manual sync, despite the fact when looking at the webmail portal for that account, I have several. It also refuses to pull down 'old' emails, no matter what i set the download options to (all, 30 days etc.)

3) Is it possible to add a setting where you can change the default text size in both the Mail and Messaging apps, and have them stay as what you set them to rather than them changing whenever you close and reopen the app? In Messaging, the text size keeps defaulting to 'Medium' no matter how many times I set it to 'Small'.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

Some questions:

1) Where do we drop bootanimation.zip for customising the boot animations? I've tried in \data\local but it doesn't get picked up.

2) The HTC mail app seems to have difficulty in dealing with emails. It doesn't reliably pull down emails on my POP3 account - it is currently claiming I have no emails, after a manual sync, despite the fact when looking at the webmail portal for that account, I have several. It also refuses to pull down 'old' emails, no matter what i set the download options to (all, 30 days etc.)

3) Is it possible to add a setting where you can change the default text size in both the Mail and Messaging apps, and have them stay as what you set them to rather than them changing whenever you close and reopen the app? In Messaging, the text size keeps defaulting to 'Medium' no matter how many times I set it to 'Small'.

1. It's in /system/customize/resources iirc - it's not called bootanimation.zip though, so you'll need to double check.

2. That's strange, did it work OK on stock? I didn't change anything in that regard. I'll set up an account and test.

3. D'oh, that's rubbish - i'll check into that too.

P

Guest carthesis

1. It's in /system/customize/resources iirc - it's not called bootanimation.zip though, so you'll need to double check.

2. That's strange, did it work OK on stock? I didn't change anything in that regard. I'll set up an account and test.

3. D'oh, that's rubbish - i'll check into that too.

P

1. Cool - that's the right place. For reference for others, the file name is 'hTC_bootup_one.zip'.

2. It seemed to work OK in stock, but it's always been a bit temperamental. It seems to get notifications OK, but then just starts to misbehave. I noticed it previously, but just assumed I'd done something odd. I've only started structured testing of it today. I'm on MCR Ir1 still btw.

3. Epic. Stock was doing the same thing to be fair, as was ARHD, so it's not like this is purely an MCR issue.

Paul - you're a legend. Many thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that excluding 'PC Sync' removes the popup to select USB mount etc... i'll add this back into the vanilla prebake shortly.

P

Guest endursa

i just wanted to bake a rom with mostly vanilla apps, but the problem is, that i can't select aosp lockscreen even though the htc lockscreen is not checked!