MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One X Tegra 3 (Sense + Vanilla) - NEW: more Vanilla, TeamViewer QS + more

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest elaget

Weird, same here. I'll look into it!

P

Great!

Also the dialler is not behaving well... If opening a contact card the People application crashes. A missing SQLite function apparently ; UCS2_LOWERASE. Attached is stack trace (as image from the HTC error reporting)

Edit: I did not use SQLite with the nosync patch.

Edit 2: Added LogCat log, errors start on line 584

-e-

post-131640-0-16267300-1345206089_thumb.

People crash.txt

Edited by elaget

Guest PaulOBrien

Hey Paul,

is it possible to share the apk so that we could also use it on other roms?

Thanks for your awesome work!

It's not a patched APK i'm afraid.

re: the places issue, have you excluded 'locations' from your bake?

P

Guest SurfHost

Great work Paul! Thank a lot.

Confirming the crashing People app and also cannot choose current location in the Weather app.

Also screenshot with Power + Home doesn't seem to work.

Edited by SurfHost

Guest EddyOS

My 2p...

I don't have any apps crash and I can add weather locations as well as delete them. I did delete a LOT from the kitchen as well as some other bits once the ZIP was on my PC but this is rock solid for me

Guest elaget

Great work Paul! Thank a lot.

Confirming the crashing People app and also cannot choose current location in the Weather app.

Also screenshot with Power + Home doesn't seem to work.

Good to hear it is not only me. Screenshot with Power + Vol Down works here...

Guest elaget

My 2p...

I don't have any apps crash and I can add weather locations as well as delete them. I did delete a LOT from the kitchen as well as some other bits once the ZIP was on my PC but this is rock solid for me

Do you use the patched SQLite DB? Did you do any other changes related to that? My initial look at the stack trace and logs suggest that the issue is related to SQLite, but this could of course just be a result of something else...

Guest Br1an_g

installed the pre bake vanilla.

i have contacts FC when trying to join contacts.

stock browser FC on open as well but not too bothered as i use chrome.

Guest Brembo109

To the people with issues, did you try a full wipe? In the ARHD forums it's strictly recommended when coming from a previous version and this is based on the same ROM as the modaco one

Guest elaget

Okay, full wipe + never had issues = maybe the solution? *ironic* :-D

Just to be certain, I did a wipe (data/factory reset + cache) with CWM and installed. Same problem I'm afraid :-(

Edited by elaget

Guest Novco007

Looks I have the same problem, where is the larger boot.img, do I need to extract it from the original zip file?

Hi all,

I'm very newto all this.

I have rooted my device via htcdev and downloaded recovery tool and the flashed te Superuser.zip.

Installed titanium, supers and rom manager.

Backed up everything via titanium, done and system backup via the power+vol down mode (?) and done a backup using Rom manager.

I then used rom manager to flash the vanilla.zip from post 1. All looked OK. The unit rebooted and then I got to the unlock screen, but I couldn't unlock it, the it rebooted. Nthis occurred another 15 times before I forced ut back to recovery and restored a backup.

When I used the rom manager, I only ticked the option 'wipe Dalvik cache', should I have used the 'wipe data and cache' also"

Any advice welcome

Cheers

C.

Edited by Novco007

Guest raph santerre

I then used rom manager to flash the vanilla.zip from post 1. All looked OK. The unit rebooted and then I got to the unlock screen, but I couldn't unlock it, the it rebooted. Nthis occurred another 15 times before I forced ut back to recovery and restored a backup.

When I used the rom manager, I only ticked the option 'wipe Dalvik cache', should I have used the 'wipe data and cache' also"

from the zip file, extract the boot.img that is at the root of the zip file

then

reboot your hox in fastboot mode

then execute the command from the command line

fastboot flash boot boot.img
and
fastboot erase cache[/code]

then reboot into recovery mode

when in recovery : wipe cache partition + data/factory reset + format system system (in mounts and storage) + wipe dalvik cache

then flash the zip file

reboot

it should work ; the hox may reboot a couple of times before booting android

Guest EddyOS

The ZIP in the root is the WRONG one - I've already highlighted what you need to do in an earlier post

With regards to the rubbish ROM Manager - don't use it. Learn to do it all manually

Guest Br1an_g

Let's me select picture from gallery or camera which it converts to mms, then I hit send and the message disapears but nothing happens . If I go out i can see a draft, back in it come up showing again ready to compose. If I send a txt straight after I hit send on the mms, the txt sends but the mms doesn't come back as a draft and dissapears without sending. Can put some screens up later if it helps?.

Guest maedox

I think it has been mentioned before, but I'll report it anyway. People crashes when trying to view a contact card from the dialer. The only way to see numbers on a contact is to edit it and copy/paste it. Annoying as hell. I've tried clearing data for People and Contacts storage and rebooting with no luck.

I/SqliteDatabaseCpp(  647): sqlite returned: error code = 1, msg = no such function: UCS2_LOWERCASE

E/DatabaseUtils(  647): Writing exception to parcel

E/DatabaseUtils(  647): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: no such function: UCS2_LOWERCASE: , while compiling: SELECT single_is_restricted FROM view_htc_contacts AS contacts  WHERE ( (  (  UCS2_LOWERCASE(display_name) LIKE '113%' OR UCS2_LOWERCASE(display_name) LIKE '% 113%'  )  OR _id IN (  SELECT (raw_contacts.contact_id) FROM name_lookup JOIN raw_contacts ON (raw_contacts._id=name_lookup.raw_contact_id) WHERE normalized_name GLOB '141418*' AND name_type IN(2,6,7,8) )  ) ) ORDER BY sort_key ASC

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCompiledSql.native_compile(Native Method)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCompiledSql.<init>(SQLiteCompiledSql.java:68)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.compileSql(SQLiteProgram.java:150)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.compileAndbindAllArgs(SQLiteProgram.java:368)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.<init>(SQLiteProgram.java:134)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteProgram.<init>(SQLiteProgram.java:98)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQuery.<init>(SQLiteQuery.java:53)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.query(SQLiteDirectCursorDriver.java:58)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase.rawQueryWithFactory(SQLiteDatabase.java:1687)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.database.sqlite.SQLiteQueryBuilder.query(SQLiteQueryBuilder.java:375)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at com.android.providers.contacts.HtcContactsProvider2.queryLocal(HtcContactsProvider2.java:6915)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at com.android.providers.contacts.ContactsProvider2.query(ContactsProvider2.java:6684)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at com.android.providers.contacts.CContactsProvider2.query(CContactsProvider2.java:232)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at com.android.providers.contacts.HtcContactsProvider2.query(HtcContactsProvider2.java:4435)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.query(ContentProvider.java:189)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:141)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:338)

E/DatabaseUtils(  647):  at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

W/dalvikvm( 6385): threadid=12: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a80228)

D/dalvikvm( 6385): GC_CONCURRENT freed 641K, 16% free 4030K/4771K, paused 4ms+2ms

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-736

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385): android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: no such function: UCS2_LOWERCASE: , while compiling: SELECT single_is_restricted FROM view_htc_contacts AS contacts  WHERE ( (  (  UCS2_LOWERCASE(display_name) LIKE '113%' OR UCS2_LOWERCASE(display_name) LIKE '% 113%'  )  OR _id IN (  SELECT (raw_contacts.contact_id) FROM name_lookup JOIN raw_contacts ON (raw_contacts._id=name_lookup.raw_contact_id) WHERE normalized_name GLOB '141418*' AND name_type IN(2,6,7,8) )  ) ) ORDER BY sort_key ASC

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:180)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at android.database.DatabaseUtils.readExceptionFromParcel(DatabaseUtils.java:136)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at android.content.ContentProviderProxy.query(ContentProviderNative.java:406)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at android.content.ContentResolver.query(ContentResolver.java:315)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at com.android.htccontacts.HtcContactInfo.updateIsRestricted(HtcContactInfo.java:1241)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at com.android.htccontacts.HtcContactInfo.buildRawContactInfo(HtcContactInfo.java:994)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at com.android.htccontacts.HtcContactInfo.buildAllInfo(HtcContactInfo.java:299)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at com.android.htccontacts.fragment.ContactDetailLayerCarouselFragment$LoadContactInfo.run(ContactDetailLayerCarouselFragment.java:1268)

E/AndroidRuntime( 6385):  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:864)

D/sn	  ( 6385): Add status selection: status_update_data_id IN (6120,6112,6113,6116,483,6119,482) OR presence_data_id IN (6120,6112,6113,6116,483,6119,482)

D/GestureDetector( 6385): Change mBiggerTouchSlopSquare from 400 to 729

V/MfLog   ( 6385): HtcViewContactDetailFragment{40e90848 #1 id=0x40000001 hzxkd4.ContactDetailLayerCarouselFragment.131.3_PEOPLE_DETAIL_VIEW_DETAIL}, onActivityCreated

E/EmbeddedLogger(  292): App crashed! Process: com.android.htccontacts

E/EmbeddedLogger(  292): App crashed! Package: com.android.htccontacts v400412788 (4.0.2217232859.412788.399238)

E/EmbeddedLogger(  292): Application Label: People

EDIT:

I installed the de-odexed stock ROM from here without touch my /data, so there's definitely something wrong with this MCR.

Edited by maedox

Guest elaget

Weird, same here. I'll look into it!

P

Hi Paul, did you manage to find anything here? Seems like a lot of people are experiencing this now :-(

Cheers,

-e-

Guest Br1an_g

To the people with issues, did you try a full wipe? In the ARHD forums it's strictly recommended when coming from a previous version and this is based on the same ROM as the modaco one

I didn't wipe before I put on the vanilla but have since wiped and flashed the sense Rom and have no issues at all.

Guest PaulOBrien

I think it has been mentioned before, but I'll report it anyway. People crashes when trying to view a contact card from the dialer. The only way to see numbers on a contact is to edit it and copy/paste it. Annoying as hell. I've tried clearing data for People and Contacts storage and rebooting with no luck.

Is this vanilla or sense style people app?

Hi Paul, did you manage to find anything here? Seems like a lot of people are experiencing this now :-(

Cheers,

-e-

Weather cities are working OK for me now, I wonder if you have an incorrectly disabled process? Investigating now.

Could you do:

'adb shell pm list packages -d'

P

Guest maedox

Is this vanilla or sense style people app?

Sense. The only vanilla stuff I've ever added is the launcher and lockscreen.

Attached the options.txt from the bake I flashed if that helps.